I'm both side of sprint.

Almost every day we see a new sprint thread about saying sprint is bad or sprint is good and it’s really starting to get on my nerves. So we have a BETA of Halo 5 for the ARENA side of Halo which is good for Halo competitive side of Halo right? So how about the Arena side has no sprint so the competitive side of Halo and the Social has sprint. Now I know that idea has a 1/10 of a chance in making it in Halo 5:G and most likely the social side would not have sprint either, so I only hope sprint will be in Campaign, Firefight, and Custom Games (Halo 3 action machinima’s were lame without sprint, Reach’s were better).

Gameplay should not be so radically different between playlists.

Sprint is an all or nothing sorta thing.

And for the love of god, I hope it’s gone.

It’s not smart to split mechanics across the various modes like that. Sprint should either stay or leave.

I’m kinda indifferent to the issue. on one hand, I love how straightforward non-Sprint combat is , but on the other, I like the agility (both immersively and in gameplay) and trick jump opportunities it provides.

> Gameplay should not be so <mark>radically</mark> different between playlists.
>
> Sprint is an all or nothing sorta thing.
>
> And for the love of god, I hope it’s gone.

Radically is a bit of an exaggeration.

I really like sprint in campaign especially in that mission Dawn. If I could have it my way I would have sprint in campaign and no sprint in multiplayer, but like everyone has said sprint is a go or no go type of thing. if we had it in one thing and not on the other, it will just confuse players. This is sadly a subject we must deal with in absolutes.

Ahh with theses comments I can see why 343i don’t like getting on the forums. Almost every time someone post something NEW it gets turned down. Well this is the last time I’m posting NEW ideas on Halo 5. Thanks -yoinks- for being so insecure.

> Ahh with theses comments I can see why 343i don’t like getting on the forums. Almost every time someone post something NEW it gets turned down. Well this is the last time I’m posting NEW ideas on Halo 5. Thanks -yoinks- for being so insecure.

Nope just the bad ideas.
Not everyone has your low standards for new ideas.

> > Ahh with theses comments I can see why 343i don’t like getting on the forums. Almost every time someone post something NEW it gets turned down. Well this is the last time I’m posting NEW ideas on Halo 5. Thanks -yoinks- for being so insecure.
>
> Nope just the bad ideas.
> Not everyone has your low standards for new ideas.

It’s funny you say that because, I’ve literally never seen a new idea get the “community stamp of approval”, The difference between “low standards” and impossibly high standards is subjective.

> Ahh with theses comments I can see why 343i don’t like getting on the forums. Almost every time someone post something NEW it gets turned down. Well this is the last time I’m posting NEW ideas on Halo 5. Thanks -yoinks- for being so insecure.

People gave you good counter arguments that you don’t like…sorry.

Sprint is either all in or out, and there’s quite a few good reasons for leaving it out.

How about we have GOOD change for a change?

Edit. Blarg, I like sprint personally as it speeds up the game play but I understand why some don’t. Personally all in or no.

Do you guys want sprint in Destiny?

> Do you guys want sprint in Destiny?

Destiny is an entire different story, it is not an Arena game, nor are people mostly in it for its MP VS, people are going to play it because it is an Open World FPS set in a SciFi universe without shell shader.

On top of that it has a different TTK and weapons system to Halo.
What’s next, Halo loadouts must have a Primary, Special and Heavy slot as well?
We should be able to summon a mongoose by holding Back and X?

Halo should be Halo, it should not copy every aspect of another game, especially if it conflicts with the sandbox.

I do think i should be able to summon a gun goose now that you mention it.

And sprint should be implemented by having to spam a button - faster i push the faster I go- so i can speed through battle using my turbo controller.

In all seriousness, i wouldnt mind too much if halo expanded the weapon slots to 4 on the d-pad… With limitations for carrying power weapons in bulk, or just options to limit the number/lock slots by gametype. It would be a preferable change to perks returning.

I would like to have sprint in campaign, firefight / SP-OPs (ONLY) and For multi-player no sprint plz.

> I do think i should be able to summon a gun goose now that you mention it.
>
> And sprint should be implemented by having to spam a button - faster i push the faster I go- so i can speed through battle using my turbo controller.
>
>
> In all seriousness, i wouldnt mind too much if halo expanded the weapon slots to 4 on the d-pad… With limitations for carrying power weapons in bulk, or just options to limit the number/lock slots by gametype. It would be a preferable change to perks returning.

Haha, you’re a funny guy Sully…

But seriously why should we do that?
Even if we held power weapons out of the equation for a part, that still does not take away the overall OPness it brings.
Only 2 power weapons and 2 others result in possible <Shotgun, Sniper, BR/AR, DMR> combos which sounds ridiculous and cover about every situation.
1 Power weapons does not make much sense in comparison to the previous games.
Only 2 power/primary + 2 Small arms and people would probably take <BR, DMR, Pistol, Plasma Pistol>, covering again a lot of aspects of the game.

It sounds like a dangerous thing to be putting with Halo’s Sandbox.

Maps are either designed around sprint or no sprint. Having no sprint in a map based around sprint makes it so it takes too long to travel from place to place. Having sprint in a map based around no sprint makes everything extremely cluttered. You either have sprint or no sprint, you can’t divide the game half and half.

For my analysis on how sprint ruins Halo, click here:
https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst252126_TAKE-OUT-SPRINT--plus-awesome-idea.aspx

> > > Ahh with theses comments I can see why 343i don’t like getting on the forums. Almost every time someone post something NEW it gets turned down. Well this is the last time I’m posting NEW ideas on Halo 5. Thanks -yoinks- for being so insecure.
> >
> > Nope just the bad ideas.
> > Not everyone has your low standards for new ideas.
>
> It’s funny you say that because, I’ve literally never seen a new idea get the “community stamp of approval”, The difference between “low standards” and impossibly high standards is subjective.

There was this this thread a couple months back talking about a new game mode called eternal slayer. Pretty much where you join a server and just shoot around. The match doesn’t end.

It practically had a 100% approval rating.

> > I do think i should be able to summon a gun goose now that you mention it.
> >
> > And sprint should be implemented by having to spam a button - faster i push the faster I go- so i can speed through battle using my turbo controller.
> >
> >
> > In all seriousness, i wouldnt mind too much if halo expanded the weapon slots to 4 on the d-pad… With limitations for carrying power weapons in bulk, or just options to limit the number/lock slots by gametype. It would be a preferable change to perks returning.
>
> <mark>Haha, you’re a funny guy Sully…</mark>
>
> But seriously why should we do that?
> Even if we held power weapons out of the equation for a part, that still does not take away the overall OPness it brings.
> Only 2 power weapons and 2 others result in possible <Shotgun, Sniper, BR/AR, DMR> combos which sounds ridiculous and cover about every situation.
> 1 Power weapons does not make much sense in comparison to the previous games.
> Only 2 power/primary + 2 Small arms and people would probably take <BR, DMR, Pistol, Plasma Pistol>, covering again a lot of aspects of the game.
>
> It sounds like a dangerous thing to be putting with Halo’s Sandbox.

(In response to the highlighted part) That’s why I’m going to kill you last! (Great movie!! classic Arnold lines!!)

but yes, I agree with what you put. I think having a 4 weapon sandbox is very dangerous.

> > I do think i should be able to summon a gun goose now that you mention it.
> >
> > And sprint should be implemented by having to spam a button - faster i push the faster I go- so i can speed through battle using my turbo controller.
> >
> >
> > In all seriousness, i wouldnt mind too much if halo expanded the weapon slots to 4 on the d-pad… With limitations for carrying power weapons in bulk, or just options to limit the number/lock slots by gametype. It would be a preferable change to perks returning.
>
> Haha, you’re a funny guy Sully…
>
> But seriously why should we do that?
> Even if we held power weapons out of the equation for a part, that still does not take away the overall OPness it brings.
> Only 2 power weapons and 2 others result in possible <Shotgun, Sniper, BR/AR, DMR> combos which sounds ridiculous and cover about every situation.
> 1 Power weapons does not make much sense in comparison to the previous games.
> Only 2 power/primary + 2 Small arms and people would probably take <BR, DMR, Pistol, Plasma Pistol>, covering again a lot of aspects of the game.
>
> It sounds like a dangerous thing to be putting with Halo’s Sandbox.

i agree, it was an if-I-had-to-pick between perks or new weapon thing I’d go for new weapon thing.

Now, if i really had to pick i would give weapons a slot value and spartans X slots.

Maybe 4 or 5 slots total- pistols and needlers 1 slot, rifles and autos and shotty 2 slots, snipes sword rockets 3…

I think that’s completely unnecessary, but I’d prefer it to perks returning.