I'm all for CE multiplayer remake as much as the next guy but... is it reasonable?

With the announcement of a new halo trilogy, how long would people play CE multiplayer once the next Halo games come out? It will give us a solid year of a large population then Halo 4 comes out, and only us nostalgics stick around but the community overall moves on.

Frankly it is really annoying how sequels are basically preventing a large community to unify and stick around for more than a few years. As far as I can tell the only game that managed to beat incredible odds and withstand the test of time was counterstrike, and even there a single sequel split the community!

What do you guys think? Could CE multiplayer remake, with a graphics overhaul and original gameplay preserved, become the counterstrike of the console? If you cannot picture it, do you still think it’s reasonable to have it when the alternative would mean a further split in the community?

No, a new (Old) Halo MP experience a year after Halo Reach and a Year Before Halo 4 is not necessary.

What is though? A Reach TU with it.

I believe that the Halo: CEA’s multiplayer portion is simply a Reach disc with the 7 extra maps.

Thus, it won’t split the community.

> No, a new (Old) Halo MP experience a year after Halo Reach and a Year Before Halo 4 is not necessary.
>
> What is though? A Reach TU with it.

Will you stop being the only person who doesnt want it?

Halo CE had the best multi-player of any game ever created for console games, it would be a HUGE hit and the community would never die with the hardcore Halo fans out there. Look at Halo CE for PC ITS STILL DOING OKAY, it could be that next counterstike like you said. People have been BEGGING to be able to play Halo Ce online on the Xbox, millions of people would play this game. I know all my Halo friends have left to COD and other dumb games, because they didnt like the newer Halo games WELL HERES THE CHANCE TO GET THOSE HALO FANS BACK. God, this needs to happen Halo CE needs online play!

> I believe that the Halo: CEA’s multiplayer portion is simply a Reach disc with the 7 extra maps.
>
> Thus, it won’t split the community.

We all get that, but many people are upset about this and are still asking for the multiplayer to be remade as well.

> > I believe that the Halo: CEA’s multiplayer portion is simply a Reach disc with the 7 extra maps.
> >
> > Thus, it won’t split the community.
>
> We all get that, but many people are upset about this and are still asking for the multiplayer to be remade as well.

Why would they?

I’m guessing that those who want CE to have its own multiplayer are the same type of competitive players who were displeased with many of Reach’s core mechanics (Bloom, Armour Abilities, Grenades, Melee).

Those people shouldn’t buy the CE remake and instead should wait for 4.

Edit: Also, $40 for a 10 year old campaign with HD graphics and a couple maps is a complete ripoff. Anyone who buys this game is simply rolling around in nostalgia.

> > No, a new (Old) Halo MP experience a year after Halo Reach and a Year Before Halo 4 is not necessary.
> >
> > What is though? A Reach TU with it.
>
> Will you stop being the only person who doesnt want it?
>
> Halo CE had the best multi-player of any game ever created for console games, it would be a HUGE hit and the community would never die with the hardcore Halo fans out there. Look at Halo CE for PC ITS STILL DOING OKAY, it could be that next counterstike like you said. People have been BEGGING to be able to play Halo Ce online on the Xbox, millions of people would play this game. I know all my Halo friends have left to COD and other dumb games, because they didnt like the newer Halo games WELL HERES THE CHANCE TO GET THOSE HALO FANS BACK. God, this needs to happen Halo CE needs online play!

It’s not that I don’t want it, it’s that it’s not gonna happen, and a TU for reach will fix the CEA stuff, and Reach. Two games fixed in one. Also, Halo 4 is coming out next year, so it’s pointless to start a new online game now.

Will there be armor abilities and all that crap in reach’s multiplayer? Or would it be identical to CE?

I just wish they would have kept LAN in and added support for 16 Xboxs. It would be the greatest LAN game of all time if they would just add that one feature instead of making us split on 4 different Xboxs.

> I believe that the Halo: CEA’s multiplayer portion is simply a Reach disc with the 7 extra maps.
>
> Thus, it won’t split the community.

where have you been? the halo community is ALREADY split. everyone liked halos 1, 2, and 3. very few hardcore competitive halo veterans like halo reach. halo reach is an abomination of bad mechanics slapped together to appease the halo kids that suck at halo. that much is 100% apparent. if this game was created with a HIGH SKILL GAP and NO RANDOM LUCK FACTORS IN SHOOTING, and no GIMMICKS like ARMOR LOCK and JET PACK, it would thrive, and be either the top game on xbox live, or the second. it would not be behind MW2 AND Black ops, and soon to be MW3, black ops, AND MW2 for people playing it.

reach/halo is going down the tubes because of the massive changes that have brought the game into casual land where only the casual players think the game is fine as it is.

a title update to reach would take the halo game with the most potential (halo reach) and make it into the best halo game ever. we need changes. we need a title update.

Honestly, I was a little bit disappointed when I found out that the 7 maps were for Reach gameplay. Let’s just cross our fingers and hope that it comes with it’s own settings in a playlist OR that a TU would come along.