I'm addicted to Breakout and Swat and this is why.

I constantly find myself playing these two game types. They basically define my life as a spartan. In my personal opinion both swat and breakout are two of the most skill based game-types in Halo 5. Swat starts everyone with the same weapons and focuses on speed and accuracy. Breakout has limited power weapons and focuses more on teamwork and survival. I truly enjoy both of these game types. Let me know your opinion!

Welcome to Waypoint, Spartan! I feel that team arena requires the most skill in Halo 5. It’s great you enjoy SWAT and breakout. Welcome to the community.

> 2533274832434340;1:
> I constantly find myself playing these two game types. They basically define my life as a spartan. In my personal opinion both swat and breakout and two of the most skill based game-types in Halo 5. Swat starts everyone with the same weapons and focuses on speed and accuracy. Breakout has limited power weapons and focuses more on teamwork and survival. I truly enjoy both of these game types. Let me know your opinion!

Welcome to the forums!

Those were two of my favorite gametypes on launch. Breakout’s population unfortunately went into the toilet and the game mode changed, and SWAT I can NEVER for the life of me find good teammates so it’s safe to say I don’t play either one much anymore. But glad you enjoy it!

> 2533274832434340;1:
> I constantly find myself playing these two game types. They basically define my life as a spartan. In my personal opinion both swat and breakout and two of the most skill based game-types in Halo 5. Swat starts everyone with the same weapons and focuses on speed and accuracy. Breakout has limited power weapons and focuses more on teamwork and survival. I truly enjoy both of these game types. Let me know your opinion!

Welcome to the forums. Totally agree with you re: Breakout. Not much of a precision weapons guy myself so struggle with Swat a little more.

Breakout forces you to think about your life though: even trading kills sometimes isn’t worth itnfor your team. Love that

> 2533274832434340;1:
> Let me know your opinion!

ok, since you asked, it’s cool that you like those but they aren’t my thing. Personally, in Halo 5 I play almost nothing besides Warzone Firefight with the occasional Action Sack. But it’s nice that Halo 5 has something for everyone :smile_cat:

It’s cool you enjoy those. Personally I feel swat takes the least skill since it’s just one head shot for the kill. If I wanted easy kills I would play COD. Breakout is ok I just HATE how you don’t respawn and have to sit there until the next round. I don’t play Halo to have to stare at a respawn screen. My favorite mode and what I think takes the most skill is FFA. You don’t have anyone to pick up your slack if you are having a bad game or being out played. But the variety of games is part of what makes Halo so great.

That’s sick! I totally agree that Breakout involves a lot of teamwork but also very good decision making - I normally play solo-que and when my team mates aren’t communicating it makes the game that much harder. I’m not sure about some of the maps though - it would be cool if we could also play on proper maps like coliseum or eden like they did with that community breakout playlist one time.

Much love, GG!

> 2533274874872263;4:
> > 2533274832434340;1:
> > I constantly find myself playing these two game types. They basically define my life as a spartan. In my personal opinion both swat and breakout and two of the most skill based game-types in Halo 5. Swat starts everyone with the same weapons and focuses on speed and accuracy. Breakout has limited power weapons and focuses more on teamwork and survival. I truly enjoy both of these game types. Let me know your opinion!
>
> Welcome to the forums. Totally agree with you re: Breakout. Not much of a precision weapons guy myself so struggle with Swat a little more.
>
> Breakout forces you to think about your life though: even trading kills sometimes isn’t worth itnfor your team. Love that

I could not agree more! “Breakout forces you to think about your life, even trading kills sometimes isn’t worth it for your team.” Couldn’t have said it better myself.

> 2533274804898926;2:
> Welcome to Waypoint, Spartan! I feel that team arena requires the most skill in Halo 5. It’s great you enjoy SWAT and breakout. Welcome to the community.

I need to give team arena a try. I have been so focused on those two game types that I haven’t given a few of the others a try. Thanks for the recommendation!

> 2533275042537705;7:
> That’s sick! I totally agree that Breakout involves a lot of teamwork but also very good decision making - I normally play solo-que and when my team mates aren’t communicating it makes the game that much harder. I’m not sure about some of the maps though - it would be cool if we could also play on proper maps like coliseum or eden like they did with that community breakout playlist one time.
>
> Much love, GG!

I COMPLETELY agree about the maps. I can’t believe they haven’t switched the current maps to new ones. We have been playing on this round of maps for awhile. It would be cool to play on actual maps. I actually do like the look of the breakout maps though. They make me feel like I’m playing on some kind of MLG type competitive maps.

> 2533274804898926;2:
> Welcome to Waypoint, Spartan! I feel that team arena requires the most skill in Halo 5. It’s great you enjoy SWAT and breakout. Welcome to the community.

that HCS playlist takes the most skill. Ive been onyx in every playlist except HCS. Highest ive been is Diamond 3.

> 2533274832434340;1:
> I constantly find myself playing these two game types. They basically define my life as a spartan. In my personal opinion both swat and breakout are two of the most skill based game-types in Halo 5. Swat starts everyone with the same weapons and focuses on speed and accuracy. Breakout has limited power weapons and focuses more on teamwork and survival. I truly enjoy both of these game types. Let me know your opinion!

I’d agree with you if Breakout didn’t have Shotguns as spawning weapons. As for SWAT, I’ve seen someone rocking an Onyx on that particular playlist, but Silver on the rest…

> 2533274904158628;5:
> > 2533274832434340;1:
> > Let me know your opinion!
>
> ok, since you asked, it’s cool that you like those but they aren’t my thing. Personally, in Halo 5 I play almost nothing besides Warzone Firefight with the occasional Action Sack. But it’s nice that Halo 5 has something for everyone :smile_cat:

I think it is awesome that you are taking advantage of those new game types! For some reason they did not click as well with me. But I totally appreciate your opinion! I really do wish I enjoyed the new game types more.

> 2533274848704527;12:
> > 2533274832434340;1:
> > I constantly find myself playing these two game types. They basically define my life as a spartan. In my personal opinion both swat and breakout are two of the most skill based game-types in Halo 5. Swat starts everyone with the same weapons and focuses on speed and accuracy. Breakout has limited power weapons and focuses more on teamwork and survival. I truly enjoy both of these game types. Let me know your opinion!
>
> I’d agree with you if Breakout didn’t have Shotguns as spawning weapons. As for SWAT, I’ve seen someone rocking an Onyx on that particular playlist, but Silver on the rest…

Shotguns were not an original starting weapon. Unfortunately at some point they changed it. I totally agree. I have seen players who are amazing at swat but struggle in other playlists. I think those players may be people who focus too much on swat and just don’t have enough experience with some of the other weapons.

> 2533274805919869;11:
> > 2533274804898926;2:
> > Welcome to Waypoint, Spartan! I feel that team arena requires the most skill in Halo 5. It’s great you enjoy SWAT and breakout. Welcome to the community.
>
> that HCS playlist takes the most skill. Ive been onyx in every playlist except HCS. Highest ive been is Diamond 3.

I plan to get ranked in HCS soon! I can’t wait to give it a try. I’m currently getting ranked in free for all.

Everyone has their own play style and some playlists are more challenging that others. Swat and Lone Wolves are my sweatiest playlists. And for some reason, HCS I just play horribly.

> 2533274832434340;1:
> I constantly find myself playing these two game types. They basically define my life as a spartan. In my personal opinion both swat and breakout are two of the most skill based game-types in Halo 5. Swat starts everyone with the same weapons and focuses on speed and accuracy. Breakout has limited power weapons and focuses more on teamwork and survival. I truly enjoy both of these game types. Let me know your opinion!

I’m all about SWAT. I use my cheap Sades headset to listen for footsteps (since there’s no motion tracker) and flank the crap out of enemy Spartans. I’m just saying if you don’t have a headset you’re putting yourself at a huge disadvantage in SWAT.

I end up doing the same. I enjoy the reaction fights in SWAT and I love how breakout makes you think, plan, and survive.

> 2533274907087918;18:
> I end up doing the same. I enjoy the reaction fights in SWAT and I love how breakout makes you think, plan, and survive.

Glad you agree! You sound just like me. haha