Im a Veteran... And to me Halo 4 is...

GREAT!

Im not going to go into specifics, but i dont find myself frustrated over Matchmaking anymore. Sure there’s the noob here and there but all in all it’s a pretty good compromise for not having Halo 2.

However this is not the point of this thread, noooooooo, the point is to remove my Veteran self from the title of “Halo 4 is CoD” person. Because im not, in order to think this you have to be 1. Biased, 2. Have Preconcieved notions and 3. Forget everthing past Halo’s have taken from other series (not just CoD).

This thread is for Veterans who like the game, yah i know it aint perfect and i didnt expect it to be. However im glad that 343 will keep improving the game as time goes on in order to keep it balanced and fresh.

This is rare. I am so used to seeing vet players -Yoink- about everything that doesnt exactly resemble CE.

I honestly love the game, and I feel it is almost as good as Halo 3. and being 343s first I’d say thats pretty damn good. I look forward to the future with this company.

I’m not a veteran, but I spent the last two years playing halo, realizing how atrociously bad cod was and how it was just so, broken. And while halo 4 has perks and loadouts, it’s balanced and the game is just fun.

[deleted]

I agree. I’m not the best player but I have been in multiplayer in one form or another since the beginning. I noticed that when I die I’m not left with some unexplainable death anymore. Everyone was -Yoinking!- about the br vs. dmr and I am actually not on that wagon. Everything feels incredibly balanced. I have some annoyances but once you think about them from a balancing perspective its like oh ok now I know why thats that way. For instance the reticule hesitation coming out of sprint. It keeps people from freight training shotty.

The game is great, but has issues. Right now the matchmaking is awful, I don’t know if it’s about TS or something else, but I get constantly put into game against full party. It’s a nobrainer that my team will lose.

I wish they’d “copy” call of duty and make “mercenary” playlists, or just make so Party vs Party, Randoms vs Randoms.

I’d be willing to call this best Halo game so far, but nostalgia clouds my judgement too much to put anything above Halo 2.

Another Halo Vet here, been around since the first one (I bought my original Xbox primarily because of Halo). It feels like a combined mixture of Halo 2 and 3 to me. I think 343 did a pretty bang up job keeping weapons in line and somewhat balanced. The removal of one or two specific power weapons was a great idea for the casual players who never really knew about map/weapon control so it puts them on a somewhat more level playing field against the higher skilled players like myself and others.

To Viper: They have a new twist to the FFA/Lone Wolf mode we are used to seeing, in this one its called “Regicide”. Also, for your matchmaking issues, don’t go into regular Infinity Slayer as this is the place where small teams are king. If I don’t have any friends online, I play either Dominion or Big Team Infinity Slayer (might want to give those a shot and see how you like it).

Sure this game could’ve been a lot better than it was (and yes, they did take things from COD, but it still feels like Halo) and as a first time release for this studio, I have to agree with others that they did a pretty damn good job. Campaign felt really uninspiring to me and was all flash but no substance in my opinion, but I bought this primarily for the MP, and in those regards its pretty effing sweet. :slight_smile:

Altough i may have only just started playing halo online since halo 3 (Due to age and well, no possible way of internet connection till then, but i have played the halo franchise from day of its release and i have essential grown up with halo and i personally think that 343 had COLOSSAL challenge when it came to Halo 4 and they have emerged well, i think having the loadouts make the game experience more malleable like say you favour the DMR over the BR? you now have the choice to spawn with it.

I hear people saying that there going to be an OP loadout and people are going to spam the S*** out of it but the way im looking at these setups that you can make, it seems HIGHLY unlikely because i found that all weapons can counter the other? like DMR can take someone using a Lightrifle but someone using the lightrifle can just as easily take the person using the DMR it just finding a weapon that you find easy to “flow” with that is all.

but will say one thing WHY NO HUMAN AIR VEHICLES D:

Long time Halo guy myself too, and I love it.

Sure there’s a couple small things I’d tweak, none of them are game breaking though.

I’m a Veteran too and I enjoy playing Halo 4. It’s really fun. It’s not Halo 2,3 or Reach. It is its own thing. The game is fast paced engaging and requires new skills like thinking on the fly. I think the game is fairly competitive too. The new CTF and Oddball gametypes encourage team play. I’m seeing teams really protect each other instead of just lone wolfing the whole game. The additional of in game stats like kill and death counts and amount of games win make the game really about being the best as a lone player and as a team.

I can’t quite call myself a “true vet” since I haven’t played Halo 2, however I would like to call myself experienced in the franchise.

I more than halfway enjoy this game. It may be severely lacking in Custom Game options and the layout system irks me (PUT IN SLAYER [and other gametypes] CLASSIC MODE) but I have to say, the additions in this game have not messed with the balance of the game as much as I was afraid it would.

You’re very correct, it is a good game, albeit flawed. However one can hope said flaws get restored in time.

Cant find an option that fits for me, but It is as good as halo 3, but not quite halo 2. It is leagues above halo reach the steaming pile of -Yoink- that game was… Thanks again for that bungie… but over all it is a great game. I wouldnt give it a 10 out of 10 cause that should be reserved for a game that is truly great, but I could settle for giving it an 8-9 out of 10 after they fix some things on MP.

That is all for MP by the way, the single player I am not getting into because of spoilers, but I liked a lot of it… Not the quicktime events and the substitution of the final boss as a QT event. Also I dont like the end, but that is for me… Others may like the end, but for me as someone who has been with these characters I think they should have waited to make any real changes like they did.

> I’m a Veteran too and I enjoy playing Halo 4. It’s really fun. It’s not Halo 2,3 or Reach. It is its own thing. The game is fast paced engaging and requires new skills like thinking on the fly. I think the game is fairly competitive too. The new CTF and Oddball gametypes encourage team play. I’m seeing teams really protect each other instead of just lone wolfing the whole game. The additional of in game stats like kill and death counts and amount of games win make the game really about being the best as a lone player and as a team.

Don’t mean to rain on your parade but you are not a vet if you think this is the first Halo to show Kills and Deaths and Games Won (This was done on Halo 3). Lmao. Agree with what you said though, CTF and Oddball are hectic and fun and require TONS of teamwork. Without it, you will fail and get stomped on.

I’ve been playing since the original CE, this is the great Halo game yet, I love it

I like the matchmaking combat I mean it’s a much improvement over reach. My real issue is with system and features they have tried to deploy that is leaving me sad.

I’m not sure why but it just feels like 343i is spending to much time taking the options and ability away from us.

1. Since I’m from aus the major issue for me in that in 2012 they released without a Region filtering option. It is an option works best the strictest you can make it to find same region good connection and when there is few people to vs turn it off and you can find fast games. (They can say it’s there but it’s as loose as skill matchmaking in reach). I don’t know how much time and data have to pass through them to realise I’m from aus put me again others from aus.

2. Join in progress - I find satisfaction from completing a game from start to finish. It also helps when I beat the same people the entire way through. It is not very satisfying that by the end the other team can end up to be completely different people than those I had started against or with.

I made a rule in reach I would only ever quit a game when I was the last person on the team. I think I have already seen more people quit now then I would have seen in like 2 months of reach.

3)Waypoints control on stats - It’s pretty disappointing where they are going with this since I’m not a person to ever pay that much attention to forums I can only speculate but I just believe that 343 think to much negativity/harass came from showing others stats so they locked down on them. thus ruining the stats communities.

1. UI in-game could be much better sure it looks nice but the amount of information that you see has been left out significantly.

Been a day 1 fan, and to me H2 is the best in the series…still.

Was dissapointed with H3.
Thought ODST was better.
Thought Wars was a great sidestep for the series.
Thought Reach was better than the rest of this list, if soulless and flawed (bloom and AL most notably).

My main gripe with Halo after H2, is that Bungie refused to go on with the big steps foward that defined the first two games. Every step felt…small. Irrelevant in a way. With that, Halo lost a bit of its flair and definately its huge edge over the rest of the genre.
H4 feels like the game H3 should have been back in the days. Great campaign (with its flaws, sure), awesome story, good maps, fast gameplay. For the first time since H2, Halo is truely exciting and genuinely fun for me. And not just “fun” because its Halo and Halo’s always are fun to a certain degree…but “fun” because its a genuinely great game. Because it does new things. Because it dares to move forward and feel fresh again.

This game will be stuck in my 360 for a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. Its my #3 on the “best Halo” list so far.

Campaign wise it’s the best since Halo 2, I always felt 3 was dull and Reach I honestly didn’t care for.

multiplayer though feels a lot more competitive. To me Halo has always been about having fun with your mates but this kind of feels like Gears or shudders CoD. It’s great I’m enjoying it, but it doesn’t have that feeling of fun that 1-3 had.

That said though, multiplayer has always been the lovely long after taste to the meal that is the campaign. The next generation of xbox was depending on this game for me, and I can safely say when Halo 5 is out for the next Xbox, I’ll be buying that as well.

Thanks 343i, you roped me back into the Halo series!

> Long time Halo guy myself too, and I love it.
>
> Sure there’s a couple small things I’d tweak, none of them are game breaking though.

Think this pretty much sums it up.

Long time Halo fans are loving it, guys who started post Halo 3 don’t really care for it because it’s “too much like CoD” or the maps aren’t good (saw a thread called “Ragnorok is terrible”, not impressed)

I’m confused does being a halo vet mean that you are good at the game or that you’ve been playing for a while? I called myself a halo vet once on these forums since i’ve been immersed in the universe since CE but i was told that my stats were not good enough to be considered a veteran. Its true i’m not great at the game i’m only slightly above average .

I wish I could agree but in my opinion I’m very disappointed in Halo 4. I refuse to play the matchmaking and I agree on all the terms that people do not like Spartan Ops, Forge, Theater, and Custom Games so I am only somewhat enjoying the walkthrough on Youtube on a game that I would’ve paid 100 dollars for and only somewhat enjoy the Campaign of. So I waited and am impressed that I came out not wasting money. Maybe Halo 5 or 6 will be worth it but certainly not this one.