I'm a noob, what does bleedthrough mean?

Been seeing this alot lately, and what is different about it in reach compared to previous halo games?

> Been seeing this alot lately, and what is different about it in reach compared to previous halo games?

I think it means like in halo 3 how you could kill people with a punch with there shields up still. Not 100% sure

in previous Halo games, you could actually shoot at someone and and melee them and then they would die. Weird concept I know! But listen to this one, in Reach if you shoot someone and don’t pop their shields before the melee your shots didn’t count! Now why wouldn’t your shots count? Idk… ask Bungie.

In Halo 3, you could kill someone who was hit without shields and kill them just as their shields were recharging. The Melee attacks would Bleed Through the Shield and deal some damage to the target’s health.

In Halo: Reach, this is not present. The Melee attacks do not damage any Health and only remove the Shields of the target. Say if the target had at least 3 Blocks of Health left. If he was hit by a Melee Attack then he would only lose his shields and not his Health.

The reason that people want this added back onto Halo: Reach is because they want their Melee attacks to actually seep past their shields and deal damage to the enemies Health as well as the shields.

Because even at the lowest level, the force field has the ability to stop a slow moving attack.

I like this idea but doesn’t this make melee even more powerful?

I hate how powerful the melee is in Reach

> I like this idea but doesn’t this make melee even more powerful?
>
>
> I hate how powerful the melee is in Reach

Ermmm… Halo: Reach currently has the weakest melee of all the games, except pre-patch Halo 2…

You’re not a noob, don’t call yourself that.

> You’re not a noob, don’t call yourself that.

This. If you don’t ask, you don’t get an answer. So fire away with your questions. =)

[The addition of] Melee Bleedthrough means that Sprint + Double Melee will stop being a legitimate tactic. And that is a perfectly good thing.

> [The addition of] Melee Bleedthrough means that Sprint + Double Melee will stop being a legitimate tactic. And that is a perfectly good thing.

True. But now (short) AR bursts + melee will be an issue. Still, I think that removing no-bleed-through is actually an improvement.

Ahhhh now I see, thanks guys. Now I understand why I always have hated the beat down system in reach. Halo 3 is my game, so I love this edition.