I'm 95% sure I played a hacker.

A couple days ago, I was playing SWAT with friends. We were on Asylum, and we were totally kicking -Yoink-. Then, upon a sudden (in the words of Blackbeard from POC), I lagged, and jumped across the map, stopped right in front of a guy, and he killed me. Then, it went to the black screen that shows all the players, and the score. We all went red except one guy. And if I lined up a shot against him, he lagged and jumped 10 feet away right before I fired. He began catching up. No one on his team except him were getting kills.

Now, it gets really wierd. Then, all of our screens went totally black. Pitch-black. Then, I heard myself dying, and my controller rumble. The screen returned to normal, and when I came back my entire team was dead. This continued the rest of the game.

In the end, we still won, but it was 50-48. Thing is, he caught up by about 25 kills in 4 minutes.

Thoughts?

yea sounds like he was either hacking or using lag to get some major killage

Sounds like stand BYing and serious lag. ITs rare to have been a modder. IF you really think there was modding in your game you should get a video clip of it and render it.

Can you post a link to the Game?

> Sounds like stand BYing and serious lag. ITs rare to have been a modder. IF you really think there was modding in your game you should get a video clip of it and render it.

Yeah, I saved the game, but I don’t have any render minutes or Bungie Pro.

> Can you post a link to the Game?

I’ll see if I can find it.

> > Sounds like stand BYing and serious lag. ITs rare to have been a modder. IF you really think there was modding in your game you should get a video clip of it and render it.
>
> Yeah, I saved the game, but I don’t have any render minutes or Bungie Pro.

Is it on your fileshare?

> Can you post a link to the Game?

Found it: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=963251948&player=Bashful Brute

> > > Sounds like stand BYing and serious lag. ITs rare to have been a modder. IF you really think there was modding in your game you should get a video clip of it and render it.
> >
> > Yeah, I saved the game, but I don’t have any render minutes or Bungie Pro.
>
> Is it on your fileshare?

No, but I’ll upload it later tonight.

From what I can tell from the game details it doesn’t look like he was a hacker. While he did get a pretty darn good amount of kills your team still won. There aren’t any sudden spikes in the kills over time and most of his kills were with the DMR. It looks like you might’ve just lagged out and got killed a lot, keep in mind you were playing SWAT.

Not to mention if he was a hacker I’m sure he would have a higher rank then Warrant Officer, and better armor.

P.S. Why the hell does the website sometimes randomly refresh the page and delete everything I wrote?!

Something doesnt seem legit with that players stats. Only two games played in all of 2011, fishy. I’m guessing second account shenanigans.

> From what I can tell from the game details it doesn’t look like he was a hacker. While he did get a pretty darn good amount of kills your team still won. There aren’t any sudden spikes in the kills over time and most of his kills were with the DMR. It looks like you might’ve just lagged out and got killed a lot, keep in mind you were playing SWAT.
>
> Not to mention if he was a hacker I’m sure he would have a higher rank then Warrant Officer, and better armor.
>
>
> P.S. Why the hell does the website sometimes randomly refresh the page and delete everything I wrote?!

I’m telling you, he was barely getting any kills, and then, after the first BSoD, he skyrocketed. All 3 of my friends agreed.

Plus, look at his game history. Doesn’t that seem a bit odd?

Removed by user

Think about it. Why would a hacker let you win the game?

> Think about it. Why would a hacker let you win the game?

Maybe we just played better than him. It is possible to beat a hacker.

Also, maybe to avoid suspicion.

In swat yes in slayer you need to team shot him. Do you have the video at all?

> > Think about it. Why would a hacker let you win the game?
>
> Maybe we just played better than him. It is possible to beat a hacker.
>
> Also, maybe to avoid suspicion.

good point or maybe he wasn’t that good of a hacker anyway

> In swat yes in slayer you need to team shot him. Do you have the video at all?

Will be uploading it to my FS later tonight.

Also, all 4 of us reported him that day. It seems as if he was banned. He hasn’t played Reach since, and his last activity is the Dashboard yesterday, as if he was checking to see if he was still banned.

> nope he is not a hacker/modded he was host and his connection went bad all of you were just standing there and he was getting free kills that’s why you were in black screen and he wasn’t

So his connection just went bad out of the blue? I know a little bit about networking, been a network tech for 12 years. He could have put… eh, on second thought, I better keep the details to myself. but anyway. There are ways to force everyone else to lag if you are the host. It does not require any mods/hacks to the console. It’s basically network manipulation.