iin Halo 2 campaign we play as chief and arbiter

In the Halo 2 campaign we play as both the MC and the arbiter, this was very good because it told 2 different stories at once and joined them up at the end, at the start of Halo 3.

I really enjoyed this way of playing, do yo think in Halo 4 we will play as the MC the entire campaign or do you think the Arbiter will play a big part aswell??

I really hope so

I think it’s gonna be all about the chief.

I hated the Arbiter missions…

> I hated the Arbiter missions…

well there was alot of players that enjoyed them, there were a couple of bad ones and there was some really good ones

> > I hated the Arbiter missions…
>
> well there was alot of players that enjoyed them, there were a couple of bad ones and there was some really good ones

Really? I’ve always assumed everyone hated them…

Chief Missions:

1. Be a badass.

Arbiter Missions:

1. MOAR FLOODS!!!

I guess after Chief and Arby get caught by the Gravemind they were okay.

> I hated the Arbiter missions…

I loved the Arbiter missions. It gave you the Covenants point of view, showed us that they were falling apart inside, and introduced a new badass character.

BUT, since the story is going to focus on the Chief, I don’t think we’ll be playing as anybody else. Maybe different characters for online co-op?

> > I hated the Arbiter missions…
>
> I loved the Arbiter missions. It gave you the Covenants point of view, showed us that they were falling apart inside, and introduced a new badass character.
>
> BUT, since the story is going to focus on the Chief, I don’t think we’ll be playing as anybody else. Maybe different characters for online co-op?

The story part was great. The actual player part was horrendous. :frowning:

I hated playing as the arbiter in Halo 2 because I don’t like using the Covenant weapons at all.

Maybe we could have one mission where we see the Arbiter on sanghelios? Thel was my favorite elite. He could be fighting loyalists/new threat. Plus it would show the elite point of view. This would connect it to glasslands.

Yeah, I loved the Arbiter missions in Halo 2. I’ll admit they got frustrating sometimes, but if handled correctly in Halo 4 I think that they will be a welcome addition.

Pretty sure it’s gonna be about good ole 117.

Quarantine Zone and The Great Journey in Halo 2 were awesome. Fighting alongside a Zealot and Hunters? Yes please.

I loved the Halo 2 Arbiter missions, it could work, Chief doing his thing with the Forerunners and Arbiter could be searching for him with the UNSC.

It was a really cool idea, however the end result was somewhat lacking. You were thrown between the two campaigns almost randomly, hence you might very well shoot down your allies due to reflexes :frowning:
Separate campaign were a good idea, but shouldn’t be mixed. Release one as DLC, an expansion (ODST) or have them play as separate campaigns in the menu, sure it would be great, but no mixing :stuck_out_tongue:

I really hope I dont have to play as the Arbiter

> It was a really cool idea, however the end result was somewhat lacking. You were thrown between the two campaigns almost randomly, hence you might very well shoot down your allies due to reflexes :frowning:
> Separate campaign were a good idea, but shouldn’t be mixed. Release one as DLC, an expansion (ODST) or have them play as separate campaigns in the menu, sure it would be great, but no mixing :stuck_out_tongue:

Really? I found it quite simple, I mean, they even gave us a cutscene to seperate the transitions. If you pay attention its not that difficult to figure out what to do and whats going on. I enjoyed the mixing because it allowed me to see the overall scheme of events from multiple perspectives. This gave each event more priority and more personal relevance because I could relate to it from 2 important characters and 2 important seperate storylines.

However, this was a necessary element in Halo 2 to give the campaign the feel that it did, and to fill in gaps in what was going in within the covenant and how that relates to the arbiter, and humanity. In Halo 4, I don’t see mixing the campaigns as something that is necessary to the plot. Perhaps make Halo 4 all about the chief, but at the end, throw in a cliffhanger which involves an Arbiter mission. This could lead into Halo 5 nicely where perhaps the Arbiter and the Chief reunite, or who knows what.

All I truthfully want is some perspective from the Arbiter again, whether that is in Halo 4, 5, or 6, or even some sort of DLC. The Arbiter(and the sangheili) are just as important to the Halo storyline as the chief now to me. And I want that perspective in gameplay, to play it, not just read it(so a book won’t count for me).

> I hated playing as the arbiter in Halo 2 because I don’t like using the Covenant weapons at all.

EDIT: Actually, I didn’t “hate” it so much as it was a general dislike… spent half my time trying to avoid getting shot nice ways from sunday, but the carbine was a nice weapon to use in most situations… key word “most”.

> > It was a really cool idea, however the end result was somewhat lacking. You were thrown between the two campaigns almost randomly, hence you might very well shoot down your allies due to reflexes :frowning:
> > Separate campaign were a good idea, but shouldn’t be mixed. Release one as DLC, an expansion (ODST) or have them play as separate campaigns in the menu, sure it would be great, but no mixing :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> Really? I found it quite simple, I mean, they even gave us a cutscene to seperate the transitions. If you pay attention its not that difficult to figure out what to do and whats going on. I enjoyed the mixing because it allowed me to see the overall scheme of events from multiple perspectives. This gave each event more priority and more personal relevance because I could relate to it from 2 important characters and 2 important seperate storylines.
>
> However, this was a necessary element in Halo 2 to give the campaign the feel that it did, and to fill in gaps in what was going in within the covenant and how that relates to the arbiter, and humanity. In Halo 4, I don’t see mixing the campaigns as something that is necessary to the plot. Perhaps make Halo 4 all about the chief, but at the end, throw in a cliffhanger which involves an Arbiter mission. This could lead into Halo 5 nicely where perhaps the Arbiter and the Chief reunite, or who knows what.
>
> All I truthfully want is some perspective from the Arbiter again, whether that is in Halo 4, 5, or 6, or even some sort of DLC. The Arbiter(and the sangheili) are just as important to the Halo storyline as the chief now to me. And I want that perspective in gameplay, to play it, not just read it(so a book won’t count for me).

Maybe so, but we’re all different and I’m swedish, and I was not that old first time I played hence my English was not the best, so to speak. The cutscenes never told you “you’ll be arbiter”, they just showed some awesome moment and next thing you’ll see is an armada of former enemies :stuck_out_tongue:
The main issue was that you were thrown between Arbiter and chief almost randomly, one minute one character and a new the next, just like CoD, which I dislike. I want to play my character and their story, then when I’m finished I’m all in for a new character and their story, or the same story from another ones perspective. For teh record, I tend to finish one book before I start the next and never read two different ones at the same time, probably because I have a really hard time remembering peoples names and hence switching characters makes it difficult to follow the story and remember who’s who.
I liked the Halo 2 campaign and would love to see one like it, but separated, or at least give us the freedom to chose what mission to do when, like in ODST when you pick up items. :slight_smile:

> > > It was a really cool idea, however the end result was somewhat lacking. You were thrown between the two campaigns almost randomly, hence you might very well shoot down your allies due to reflexes :frowning:
> > > Separate campaign were a good idea, but shouldn’t be mixed. Release one as DLC, an expansion (ODST) or have them play as separate campaigns in the menu, sure it would be great, but no mixing :stuck_out_tongue:
> >
> > Really? I found it quite simple, I mean, they even gave us a cutscene to seperate the transitions. If you pay attention its not that difficult to figure out what to do and whats going on. I enjoyed the mixing because it allowed me to see the overall scheme of events from multiple perspectives. This gave each event more priority and more personal relevance because I could relate to it from 2 important characters and 2 important seperate storylines.
> >
> > However, this was a necessary element in Halo 2 to give the campaign the feel that it did, and to fill in gaps in what was going in within the covenant and how that relates to the arbiter, and humanity. In Halo 4, I don’t see mixing the campaigns as something that is necessary to the plot. Perhaps make Halo 4 all about the chief, but at the end, throw in a cliffhanger which involves an Arbiter mission. This could lead into Halo 5 nicely where perhaps the Arbiter and the Chief reunite, or who knows what.
> >
> > All I truthfully want is some perspective from the Arbiter again, whether that is in Halo 4, 5, or 6, or even some sort of DLC. The Arbiter(and the sangheili) are just as important to the Halo storyline as the chief now to me. And I want that perspective in gameplay, to play it, not just read it(so a book won’t count for me).
>
> Maybe so, but we’re all different and I’m swedish, and I was not that old first time I played hence my English was not the best, so to speak. The cutscenes never told you “you’ll be arbiter”, they just showed some awesome moment and next thing you’ll see is an armada of former enemies :stuck_out_tongue:
> The main issue was that you were thrown between Arbiter and chief almost randomly, one minute one character and a new the next, just like CoD, which I dislike. I want to play my character and their story, then when I’m finished I’m all in for a new character and their story, or the same story from another ones perspective. For teh record, I tend to finish one book before I start the next and never read two different ones at the same time, probably because I have a really hard time remembering peoples names and hence switching characters makes it difficult to follow the story and remember who’s who.
> I liked the Halo 2 campaign and would love to see one like it, but separated, or at least give us the freedom to chose what mission to do when, like in ODST when you pick up items. :slight_smile:

Well thats true, I was just saying it made sense to me. But either way, I have to agree that mixing it for Halo 4 does not seem like it will work, if anything because of the seperate storylines.