IGN Halofest Media Partner

Now, if I wasn’t excited enough for Halofest we can actually see whats going on. Check it out.

http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/news/headline/ign-selected-as-official-media-partner-for-halo-fest/128189

Edit: To clarify I was excited for the info being released but being able to have a one stop shop for Halofest is awesome.

Cool, thanks for the heads up!

It will be interesting, IGN isn’t known for being ‘nice’ to Halo.

> Cool, thanks for the heads up!
>
> It will be interesting, IGN isn’t known for being ‘nice’ to Halo.

Sure, I was just so excited I had to share. I also know some people don’t come here from the front page.

:wink: I would be one of those people.

Just thinking about “IGN” leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I would really have preferred if they partnered with G4 or GameTrailers/ Spike. At least with those companies, you can get television coverage.

I’m glad that people who can’t make it to PAX will be able to watch some of the streams, but I wish it would have been possible without IGN. Definitely not a fan of theirs.

> Cool, thanks for the heads up!
>
> It will be interesting, IGN isn’t known for being ‘nice’ to Halo.

IGN is also known for not being correct in terms of storyline,gameplaymechanics and canon in Halo.

> > Cool, thanks for the heads up!
> >
> > It will be interesting, IGN isn’t known for being ‘nice’ to Halo.
>
> IGN is also known for not being correct in terms of storyline,gameplaymechanics and canon in Halo.

This is true, and something that deserved to be pointed out first.

Oh jeez X/

IGN is terribad at providing accurate information about ANYTHING. Jesus, this means half the internet will be mis-informed about what’s really going on at Halo fest. Bunch of hacks and idiots. They can hardly call themselves game journalists; All they do is hire dumb booth-babes to talk at a camera and pretend they actually play video games. They have some of the most annoying E3 coverage on the entire internet, going above and beyond G4s annoying “floor reports”.

IGN = Ignorant Gaming News.

I can already see the “IGN POSTED THIS!!!” and the subsequent “They were wrong! IGN sucks!” about EVERY BIT OF INFORMATION coming from Halo Fest. I’m glad I’ll be actually attending so I don’t have to rely on these bunch of idiots to give me the information and news I want…

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/06/06/halo-4-rewind-theater

^ Proof enough that they have no idea what they’re talking about.

> Oh jeez X/
>
> IGN is terribad at providing accurate information about ANYTHING. Jesus, this means half the internet will be mis-informed about what’s really going on at Halo fest. Bunch of hacks and idiots. They can hardly call themselves game journalists; All they do is hire dumb booth-babes to talk at a camera and pretend they actually play video games. They have some of the most annoying E3 coverage on the entire internet, going above and beyond G4s annoying “floor reports”.
>
> IGN = Ignorant Gaming News.
>
> I can already see the “IGN POSTED THIS!!!” and the subsequent “They were wrong! IGN sucks!” about EVERY BIT OF INFORMATION coming from Halo Fest. I’m glad I’ll be actually attending so I don’t have to rely on these bunch of idiots to give me the information and news I want…

It’s still better than nothing.

>

Well I am most interested in the “Live Webcast of select panels”. IGN is just the delivery van for my Halo goodness. :slight_smile:

We shall see. I see and understand what y’all are saying. Let’s just see what happens. :slight_smile:

> It’s still better than nothing.

Not at all.

I’d rather have no information than false, mis-reported information that has to be cleared up later. Even after things get cleared up, ignorant people will still be tossing around “IGN SAID THAT MASTOR CHEF WILL DIE IN HALO 4 AND HALO 5 WILL BE ABOUT CORTANA BECOMIN A HUMAN”, or if they mis-interpret something that any intelligent human being wouldn’t have.

Because that’s exactly the kind of -Yoink- they’ll report as “fact” to get more page hits.

The people who work at IGN aren’t gamers. They’re paid to pretend they’re gamers and write “hip” and “cool” articles for the kiddies.

> > It’s still better than nothing.
>
> Not at all.
>
> I’d rather have no information than false, mis-reported information that has to be cleared up later. Even after things get cleared up, ignorant people will still be tossing around “IGN SAID THAT MASTOR CHEF WILL DIE IN HALO 4 AND HALO 5 WILL BE ABOUT CORTANA BECOMIN A HUMAN”, or if they mis-interpret something that any intelligent human being wouldn’t have.
>
> Because that’s exactly the kind of Yoink! they’ll report as “fact” to get more page hits.
>
> The people who work at IGN aren’t gamers. They’re paid to pretend they’re gamers and write “hip” and “cool” articles for the kiddies.

Yeah I agree with you but we get still some live streams or something similar like that and that’s definetly better than sitting and waiting for some news.

Keep in mind that there will be a lot of “unofficial” sites/people covering the event. I’m sure twitter will be a-buzz with Halofest information, probably beating IGN to punch anyway.

Have you guys gone to the site and looked at their top 5 countdowns? It’s INCREDIBLY rediculous!

Best Overall Halo game: 1. Halo Reach (Best)
2. Halo 3: ODST
3. Halo 3
4. Halo Combat Evolved
5. Halo 2 (Worst)

Hardest Halo game: 1. Halo Reach (Hardest)
2. Halo 2
3. Halo 3: ODST
4. Halo 3
5. Halo Combat Evolved (Easiest)

Cool. While I don’t really like IGN’s video player, they post much of their content on youtube. I prefer the youtube player to video players from most gaming sites including IGN, Gamespot, G4, Gametrailers. The Giant Bomb video player is nice though.

Honestly, not a fan of the majority of IGN’s Halo articles, but it’s good to see the partnership happen anyways.

> > > It’s still better than nothing.
> >
> > Not at all.
> >
> > I’d rather have no information than false, mis-reported information that has to be cleared up later. Even after things get cleared up, ignorant people will still be tossing around “IGN SAID THAT MASTOR CHEF WILL DIE IN HALO 4 AND HALO 5 WILL BE ABOUT CORTANA BECOMIN A HUMAN”, or if they mis-interpret something that any intelligent human being wouldn’t have.
> >
> > Because that’s exactly the kind of Yoink! they’ll report as “fact” to get more page hits.
> >
> > The people who work at IGN aren’t gamers. They’re paid to pretend they’re gamers and write “hip” and “cool” articles for the kiddies.
>
> Yeah I agree with you but we get still some live streams or something similar like that and that’s definetly better than sitting and waiting for some news.

Only problem is they will probably interrupt them with “coverage” with some idiots saying “WHILE THEY’RE DOING THE Q AND A WE’LL DO SOME Q AND A OF OUR OWN WITH OUR GUEST MR GAME PERSON HI MR GAME PERSON WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT HALO 4?!” “I’M MR GAME PERSON AND I THINK HALO 4 IS GOOD” “OKAY NOW BACK TO THE PANEL!” Panel is over

> Have you guys gone to the site and looked at their top 5 countdowns? It’s INCREDIBLY rediculous!
>
>
> Best Overall Halo game: 1. Halo Reach (Best)
> 2. Halo 3: ODST
> 3. Halo 3
> 4. Halo Combat Evolved
> 5. Halo 2 (Worst)
>
>
> Hardest Halo game: 1. Halo Reach (Hardest)
> 2. Halo 2
> 3. Halo 3: ODST
> 4. Halo 3
> 5. Halo Combat Evolved (Easiest)

That difficulty list is way outa wack.

1. Halo 2(hardest)
  2. Halo CE
  3. Halo Reach
  4. ODST
  5. Halo 3
    If you ask me.