If you've ever complained about Halo 4...

I highly suggest you support this stream tonight AGL5 NASHVILLE and Team Throwdown in the future. I feel like all I see on forums since release is complaints about armor abilities, overpowered DMR, etc the list goes on and on.
AGL will be switching to Team Throwdown settings after this event, but the settings now are pretty close for this event already, and really showing off the true fun that can be had with the Throwdown settings. They’re fair and balanced, which I think in the end is why I see so much complaining. Halo should be played on an even playing field, and Throwdown is as fair and balanced as it gets in Halo 4.
Same starts, but all the weapons are easily accessible on the maps. (balances weapons cuz u have to pickup and there isnt 1 of everyone, it’s like a minor power weapon) Weapons are static so theres things to fight over on the map, and no lucky spawns by rockets, etc. Armor abilites come as personal ordinance and cut out all the very OP ones, restricting you to Hologram, Thruster, and Hardlight shield. All when used correctly can still be OP in their own way, but take smarts, timing, and skill to use well. Maps are smaller, movement speed is faster, etc, etc.
If ur annoyed with HAVING to use DMR, too many BTB maps, boltshots all over still, AAs winning games, random ordinance, too many POD on the map…I suggest you watch this tournament and start jamming Team Throwdown:) Or keep playing Infinity and complaining…but i’d think u’d rather have fun.

> Same starts, but all the weapons are easily accessible on the maps. (balances weapons cuz u have to pickup and there isnt 1 of everyone, it’s like a minor power weapon) Weapons are static so theres things to fight over on the map, and no lucky spawns by rockets, etc. Armor abilites come as personal ordinance and cut out all the very OP ones, restricting you to Hologram, Thruster, and Hardlight shield. All when used correctly can still be OP in their own way, but take smarts, timing, and skill to use well. Maps are smaller, movement speed is faster, etc, etc.
> If ur annoyed with HAVING to use DMR, too many BTB maps, boltshots all over still, AAs winning games, random ordinance, too many POD on the map…I suggest you watch this tournament and start jamming Team Throwdown:) Or keep playing Infinity and complaining…but i’d think u’d rather have fun.

This needs to be the default settings, and this game may actually be fun…

I mean minus the hardlight shield but hey, compared to default I can live with most of this.

The only issue here is this: MLG v7 in Halo Reach was the most balanced, best map having playlist in Halo Reach, but it had only like 500 people on it Eastern Time (When most people get on anyway).

Same with Classic. I have a feeling if this isn’t a TU to all playlists and this is just an added one, the same will happen. This is only 1 playlist right?

Edit- and with increased movement speed, I’m guessing sprint is out?

> > Same starts, but all the weapons are easily accessible on the maps. (balances weapons cuz u have to pickup and there isnt 1 of everyone, it’s like a minor power weapon) Weapons are static so theres things to fight over on the map, and no lucky spawns by rockets, etc. Armor abilites come as personal ordinance and cut out all the very OP ones, restricting you to Hologram, Thruster, and Hardlight shield. All when used correctly can still be OP in their own way, but take smarts, timing, and skill to use well. Maps are smaller, movement speed is faster, etc, etc.
> > If ur annoyed with HAVING to use DMR, too many BTB maps, boltshots all over still, AAs winning games, random ordinance, too many POD on the map…I suggest you watch this tournament and start jamming Team Throwdown:) Or keep playing Infinity and complaining…but i’d think u’d rather have fun.
>
> This needs to be the default settings, and this game may actually be fun…
>
> I mean minus the hardlight shield but hey, compared to default I can live with most of this.
>
> The only issue here is this: MLG v7 in Halo Reach was the most balanced, best map having playlist in Halo Reach, but it had only like 500 people on it Eastern Time (When most people get on anyway).
>
> Same with Classic. I have a feeling if this isn’t a TU to all playlists and this is just an added one, the same will happen. This is only 1 playlist right?
>
> Edit- and with increased movement speed, I’m guessing sprint is out?

Sprint is still in it can’t be taken out, altho people are still asking for sprint out, and a 4 shot BR to be added cuz people still get away even with this tweaked version of the Halo Reach sprint. 4 shot supplied by 343 and not mods would keep it consistent, make u pay for ur mistakes, and also we want the developer to support it obviously. No one wants to use modded gametypes, altho the EU leagues use 4 shot. Fun but not consistent tho cuz its a damage change I think.

And I saw Hardlight Shield used in 1 great play this weekend. Thruster I saw used once or twice in a great way as well. Hologram is great for distracting for a play or two, or eating a rocket, but with them being personal ordinance drops you can maybe use them correctly for 1-2 good plays at best before you die, and thats even a stretch. I find this is a great way to have AAs in the game while keeping them very limited and balanced. Otherwise we get camo snipers all game, or 4 people jet packing and throwing nades, needlers, etc.

Sprint isn’t taken out because all the maps in Halo 4 tailor to gameplay with Sprint even though it’s possible since Lightning Flag in Action Sack doesn’t have sprint. But this event and the playlist needs more publicity

This is exactly how Halo is supposed to be played.

I would love to check this out,but data is a problem for me,but people should support this.

> > > Same starts, but all the weapons are easily accessible on the maps. (balances weapons cuz u have to pickup and there isnt 1 of everyone, it’s like a minor power weapon) Weapons are static so theres things to fight over on the map, and no lucky spawns by rockets, etc. Armor abilites come as personal ordinance and cut out all the very OP ones, restricting you to Hologram, Thruster, and Hardlight shield. All when used correctly can still be OP in their own way, but take smarts, timing, and skill to use well. Maps are smaller, movement speed is faster, etc, etc.
> > > If ur annoyed with HAVING to use DMR, too many BTB maps, boltshots all over still, AAs winning games, random ordinance, too many POD on the map…I suggest you watch this tournament and start jamming Team Throwdown:) Or keep playing Infinity and complaining…but i’d think u’d rather have fun.
> >
> > This needs to be the default settings, and this game may actually be fun…
> >
> > I mean minus the hardlight shield but hey, compared to default I can live with most of this.
> >
> > The only issue here is this: MLG v7 in Halo Reach was the most balanced, best map having playlist in Halo Reach, but it had only like 500 people on it Eastern Time (When most people get on anyway).
> >
> > Same with Classic. I have a feeling if this isn’t a TU to all playlists and this is just an added one, the same will happen. This is only 1 playlist right?
> >
> > Edit- and with increased movement speed, I’m guessing sprint is out?
>
>
> Sprint is still in it can’t be taken out, altho people are still asking for sprint out, and a 4 shot BR to be added cuz people still get away even with this tweaked version of the Halo Reach sprint. 4 shot supplied by 343 and not mods would keep it consistent, make u pay for ur mistakes, and also we want the developer to support it obviously. No one wants to use modded gametypes, altho the EU leagues use 4 shot. Fun but not consistent tho cuz its a damage change I think.
>
> And I saw Hardlight Shield used in 1 great play this weekend. Thruster I saw used once or twice in a great way as well. Hologram is great for distracting for a play or two, or eating a rocket, but with them being personal ordinance drops you can maybe use them correctly for 1-2 good plays at best before you die, and thats even a stretch. I find this is a great way to have AAs in the game while keeping them very limited and balanced. Otherwise we get camo snipers all game, or 4 people jet packing and throwing nades, needlers, etc.

I’ve been saying that for months. It’s probably too late now I want classic Halo as well but blatantly dissing the company 100 times over instead of trying to work out acceptable settings that incorporate what they like and what we like without completely taking away what made it Halo 4 while keeping it just plain old Halo.

> Sprint isn’t taken out because all the maps in Halo 4 tailor to gameplay with Sprint even though it’s possible since Lightning Flag in Action Sack doesn’t have sprint. But this event and the playlist needs more publicity

Oh nice, I havent even got to play Lightening Flag yet, altho Binary Slayer is a good time:) But yeah it’s definitely made for sprint this time around. People are saying no sprint/150% movement speed but that seems a bit much…maybe 130% at most. But either way I think sprint is here to stay altho everyone not playing BTB would rather not have it. Leads to way too much run up and melee gameplay at the very least…aside from it being better for consistency.

Altho its prolly a stretch for 343 to completely change all the playlists on a released product (im sure there’s legal limitations on exactly how much they can change a released product) I can see them taking a lot of things learned by Ghostayames Throwdown settings and applying them to Halo 5 for sure…if we support the tournaments and playlist. If they see low on both accounts, im sure they’ll just continue to do what they do cuz BTB and Infinity are the most popular by a long shot. Support AGL/Throwdown if you’ve ever complained about Halo 4 basically, but no disrespect to Infinity fans, different strokes for different folks.

I’ll be watching, and 343 should be happy that Halo 4 is featured. I hope they realize that they have to support a multitude of sub-communities of players, competitive Halo among them.

Halo 4 isn’t a bad game, but 343 has proven to be pretty bad at community support. Let’s see if they can turn that around and truly become a great developer.

> > > > Same starts, but all the weapons are easily accessible on the maps. (balances weapons cuz u have to pickup and there isnt 1 of everyone, it’s like a minor power weapon) Weapons are static so theres things to fight over on the map, and no lucky spawns by rockets, etc. Armor abilites come as personal ordinance and cut out all the very OP ones, restricting you to Hologram, Thruster, and Hardlight shield. All when used correctly can still be OP in their own way, but take smarts, timing, and skill to use well. Maps are smaller, movement speed is faster, etc, etc.
> > > > If ur annoyed with HAVING to use DMR, too many BTB maps, boltshots all over still, AAs winning games, random ordinance, too many POD on the map…I suggest you watch this tournament and start jamming Team Throwdown:) Or keep playing Infinity and complaining…but i’d think u’d rather have fun.
> > >
> > > This needs to be the default settings, and this game may actually be fun…
> > >
> > > I mean minus the hardlight shield but hey, compared to default I can live with most of this.
> > >
> > > The only issue here is this: MLG v7 in Halo Reach was the most balanced, best map having playlist in Halo Reach, but it had only like 500 people on it Eastern Time (When most people get on anyway).
> > >
> > > Same with Classic. I have a feeling if this isn’t a TU to all playlists and this is just an added one, the same will happen. This is only 1 playlist right?
> > >
> > > Edit- and with increased movement speed, I’m guessing sprint is out?
> >
> >
> > Sprint is still in it can’t be taken out, altho people are still asking for sprint out, and a 4 shot BR to be added cuz people still get away even with this tweaked version of the Halo Reach sprint. 4 shot supplied by 343 and not mods would keep it consistent, make u pay for ur mistakes, and also we want the developer to support it obviously. No one wants to use modded gametypes, altho the EU leagues use 4 shot. Fun but not consistent tho cuz its a damage change I think.
> >
> > And I saw Hardlight Shield used in 1 great play this weekend. Thruster I saw used once or twice in a great way as well. Hologram is great for distracting for a play or two, or eating a rocket, but with them being personal ordinance drops you can maybe use them correctly for 1-2 good plays at best before you die, and thats even a stretch. I find this is a great way to have AAs in the game while keeping them very limited and balanced. Otherwise we get camo snipers all game, or 4 people jet packing and throwing nades, needlers, etc.
>
> I’ve been saying that for months. It’s probably too late now I want classic Halo as well but blatantly dissing the company 100 times over instead of trying to work out acceptable settings that incorporate what they like and what we like without completely taking away what made it Halo 4 while keeping it just plain old Halo.

That’s the way things should go in the future, imo. To be honest, I prefer Halo with default sprint, and certain armor abilities add new layers to the game. I’m not against marking spawned weapons with waypoints either. Frankly, it’s a great way to help out worse players without detracting from the ability of more skilled ones.

343 has some good ideas, as well as a lot of bad ones, and we need to find a good middle ground between Halo 4 and classic Halo that a good amount of people can agree on.

> > > > > Same starts, but all the weapons are easily accessible on the maps. (balances weapons cuz u have to pickup and there isnt 1 of everyone, it’s like a minor power weapon) Weapons are static so theres things to fight over on the map, and no lucky spawns by rockets, etc. Armor abilites come as personal ordinance and cut out all the very OP ones, restricting you to Hologram, Thruster, and Hardlight shield. All when used correctly can still be OP in their own way, but take smarts, timing, and skill to use well. Maps are smaller, movement speed is faster, etc, etc.
> > > > > If ur annoyed with HAVING to use DMR, too many BTB maps, boltshots all over still, AAs winning games, random ordinance, too many POD on the map…I suggest you watch this tournament and start jamming Team Throwdown:) Or keep playing Infinity and complaining…but i’d think u’d rather have fun.
> > > >
> > > > This needs to be the default settings, and this game may actually be fun…
> > > >
> > > > I mean minus the hardlight shield but hey, compared to default I can live with most of this.
> > > >
> > > > The only issue here is this: MLG v7 in Halo Reach was the most balanced, best map having playlist in Halo Reach, but it had only like 500 people on it Eastern Time (When most people get on anyway).
> > > >
> > > > Same with Classic. I have a feeling if this isn’t a TU to all playlists and this is just an added one, the same will happen. This is only 1 playlist right?
> > > >
> > > > Edit- and with increased movement speed, I’m guessing sprint is out?
> > >
> > >
> > > Sprint is still in it can’t be taken out, altho people are still asking for sprint out, and a 4 shot BR to be added cuz people still get away even with this tweaked version of the Halo Reach sprint. 4 shot supplied by 343 and not mods would keep it consistent, make u pay for ur mistakes, and also we want the developer to support it obviously. No one wants to use modded gametypes, altho the EU leagues use 4 shot. Fun but not consistent tho cuz its a damage change I think.
> > >
> > > And I saw Hardlight Shield used in 1 great play this weekend. Thruster I saw used once or twice in a great way as well. Hologram is great for distracting for a play or two, or eating a rocket, but with them being personal ordinance drops you can maybe use them correctly for 1-2 good plays at best before you die, and thats even a stretch. I find this is a great way to have AAs in the game while keeping them very limited and balanced. Otherwise we get camo snipers all game, or 4 people jet packing and throwing nades, needlers, etc.
> >
> > I’ve been saying that for months. It’s probably too late now I want classic Halo as well but blatantly dissing the company 100 times over instead of trying to work out acceptable settings that incorporate what they like and what we like without completely taking away what made it Halo 4 while keeping it just plain old Halo.
>
> That’s the way things should go in the future, imo. To be honest, I prefer Halo with default sprint, and certain armor abilities add new layers to the game. I’m not against marking spawned weapons with waypoints either. Frankly, it’s a great way to help out worse players without detracting from the ability of more skilled ones.
>
> 343 has some good ideas, as well as a lot of bad ones, and we need to find a good middle ground between Halo 4 and classic Halo that a good amount of people can agree on.

They actually did go thru tests with everyone starting with thruster packs and holograms too I believe…as well as having “class based” loadouts. In the end this seems to be the best way to balance the new features in the game while keeping the classic vibe.

Also the commentators have been absolutely AMAZING this weekend. You can learn so much from listening to these guys talk and go over whats happening during the games and in between. Also if you wanna get better at Halo I highly suggest watching the stream (and also playing Throwdown) You can learn SOOOO much about map movement, timing, teamwork, lines of sight for shooting/cover etc. I’ve become so much better at Halo over the years from watching these tournaments with top level gameplay.

Does anyone know what maps will be featured today?

> Does anyone know what maps will be featured today?

Lotus and Lockdown which aren’t in Halo 4 throwdown playlist, so you won’t be seeing those again. Simplex/Haven/Abandon/Adrift/Solace/Dispatch/Station 9 are the other maps I believe.

I really wanna thank 343 employees like Bravo and BSAngel for tweeting out this stream this weekend, headline, in game message, and also stopping by the chat for finals. You have no idea how good of a feeling it is to see this developer support and attention. It’s makes a world of difference:)

> This is exactly how Halo is supposed to be played.

Agreed!

I’m pretty sure Pulse Ambush are playing Severance next for anyone wondering.

> I’m pretty sure Pulse Ambush are playing Severance next for anyone wondering.

Yeah these games are getting good. Sucks that Adrift gametype slowed down so much but it happens. I’m strangely excited by those slows sometimes cuz they don’t happen often but when they do they can be fun:)

Overkill Exterm on Sunday at 6pm, that was sick!

Status Quo vs Warriors, Pulse goin up against winner, just fyi