If you're buying Xbox-one X for HALO read this!

Don’t. Don’t do it. It’s a massive disappointment

First I’ve been a halo fan forever. Had a Halo 2 license plate in HS. Played H1 from launch. Love H5. Level 151 and leader of a very active Spartan company.

I wasn’t sure if I was going to buy Xbox One X. But I pulled the trigger because my H5 would sometimes crash (maybe every 5 games). Some said because of the announcement pack… I though maybe my hardware was just beat from so much playing. So I bought One X because I was excited about the HD resolution and most importantly NO MORE CRASHING

Well. I’m on One X and it crashes now MORE than before. Like once every four WZ. And it crashes mid game (which it never used to… only pregame before). Unbelievable… :persevere:

I’m actually back on my old Xbox. I’ve lost so many great matches on my record… so many reqs (honestly lost more $$) than I care to admit. BIG disappointment. And unless I’m missing it… no word from devs or MS

I wouldn’t jump the gun completely; perhaps your unit was a lemon and didn’t work as well as anticipated. Other people may have their X work just fine, though that’s merely speculation.

> 2535429593088083;2:
> I wouldn’t jump the gun completely; perhaps your unit was a lemon and didn’t work as well as anticipated. Other people may have their X work just fine, though that’s merely speculation.

Lots of other people with the same issue… lots. In the support forum

> 2763146021377149;3:
> > 2535429593088083;2:
> > I wouldn’t jump the gun completely; perhaps your unit was a lemon and didn’t work as well as anticipated. Other people may have their X work just fine, though that’s merely speculation.
>
> Lots of other people with the same issue… lots. In the support forum

Jeez… If that’s the case, I won’t shell out some $$$ for another console. I’ll gladly stick with the original, thank you very much.

Hopefully this serves as a learning experience for 343 on what bugs to expect on the Xbox X with their servers/engine, and thus help polish out future halo titles.

> 2763146021377149;1:
> First I’ve been a halo fan forever. Had a Halo 2 license plate in HS. Played H1 from launch. Love H5. Level 151 and leader of a very active Spartan company.

It always does me a cur-cur, why this is brought up in debates where there’s a Negative point to be made. I swear every thread that encourages people to stop playing Halo or buying the games/Anything related to it, starts with this statement about being there since Halo 1/Halo2. No offense OP, just a general observation :smiley:

That being said! On point!
Ease of the judgement. System’s all new and im sure there’s still stuff that needs to be ironed out. Lord my X1 froze 6/10 times when i got Halo 5 back then, then it stopped. The risk could also be, that your unit is faulty and perhaps needs to be replaced (warranty and all that).

> 2533274824095836;6:
> > 2763146021377149;1:
> > First I’ve been a halo fan forever. Had a Halo 2 license plate in HS. Played H1 from launch. Love H5. Level 151 and leader of a very active Spartan company.
>
> It always does me a cur-cur, why this is brought up in debates where there’s a Negative point to be made. I swear every thread that encourages people to stop playing Halo or buying the games/Anything related to it, starts with this statement about being there since Halo 1/Halo2. No offense OP, just a general observation :smiley:
>
> That being said! On point!
> Ease of the judgement. System’s all new and im sure there’s still stuff that needs to be ironed out. Lord my X1 froze 6/10 times when i got Halo 5 back then, then it stopped. The risk could also be, that your unit is faulty and perhaps needs to be replaced (warranty and all that).

Fair point… my only point in saying it is that I’m a halo schill and would never criticize it my favorite franchise unless it was really something disappointing

Well #1 yeah there is always lemon units so that could be it. #2 have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling? When you installed did you use wireless or wired connection? Would definitely recommend wired connection. Also while it was installing where you doing other stuff as well? Because I would also recommend do nothing and let the game or games install before doing anything… And of course I would give a good ol hard reset a try. But this is Halo and 343 they have yet to make a fully functional game on Xbox one anything.

Um…I have an Xbox One X and haven’t had a single crash yet in Halo 5…

While I’ll admit the x isn’ for everyone, you can’ say what happens to you happen to every x. Mine has absolutely 0 issues, runs everything just fine. And I don’t have halo 5 crashing, ever.

Granted halo mcc genealy worked fine for me as well after the first major update it had, I didn’ enouncter much in the way of it’ glitches outside my playlists resetting( made me ce and 2 laso playlists reset)

If we also went based on experience from one consol I’d never have enough another 360 after the first time my original one broken. My 360 broke I think 6 times and replaced it 2x, swapped out with gamestop warranty 1x, and had said one refurbished 3 more times.

Tl;Dr you probably had a lemon, try uninstalling the game and reinstalling. The x actually solved every performance issue on every game I’ve played.

Hope you get it solved though!

I have a one x. I had the game crash yesterday. (locked up, had to pop the disc out to restart) This is happening with one and one x. It’s the game, not your console. I can’t remember a single update so far that hasn’t messed something up in the game. Many are having issues, one and one x. (Support forum)

I wonder if there was a difference between the Scorpio Edition and the Regular X. For some reason, they’re more expensive on the Amazon… I know more expensive doesn’t mean better, I’m just saying.

I almost did buy an X for Halo. But after this horrible update, I’ve completely stopped playing Halo. Which sucks.

Apparently a lot of people have been having problems with the Xbox X maybe it could be that halo hasn’t been properly updated for the X

> 2533274872013539;12:
> I wonder if there was a difference between the Scorpio Edition and the Regular X. For some reason, they’re more expensive on the Amazon… I know more expensive doesn’t mean better, I’m just saying.
>
> I almost did buy an X for Halo. But after this horrible update, I’ve completely stopped playing Halo. Which sucks.

Scorpio edition is a collector’s item. Functionally there is no difference.

> 2535412345172855;13:
> Apparently a lot of people have been having problems with the Xbox X maybe it could be that halo hasn’t been properly updated for the X

I wouldn’t say that. I have seen more praise for the Xbox X than disappointment or complaints.