If your a better player you deserve the edge

Holy hell people are taking specializations WAY THE -Yoink- OUT OF PORPORTION.

Being a compeitive player, If I’m the better player, I’m gonna have the advantage over my opponent in terms of skill, tactics and strategy. These specializations will give you the power to do BETTER at what you are already good at. This is what people do not understand. Specializations adhere to YOUR playstyle ONLY If you are better at what you do then someone else, you have every right to have the advantage over them. Gameplay has been about fairness, not skill! If good player has an unfair advantage over someone whos bad then, it’s the bad players fault that he has not gotten the skill to match up to the better player. Specializations are basically playstyles that will give you more power to do what you do best, I’ll be going engineer because I’m usually a vehicle user. If you have a different specialiaztion then your opponent, doesn’t mean anything about fairness. If hes as skilled as you are regardless of his playstyle, then there is a chance he will either take you out or you will take him out.

This is Halo, out on the map, fairness doesn’t mean a thing. If you are the better player then you will succeed. If you have a better team then your oppoenent you will succeed. If you go up against a well coordinated team and your team isn’t the best, you’re gonna get torn to shreds. All Specializations are is giving you the advantage of giving more power to you to do what you do best if your better skilled then your opponent. Specializations aren’t going to do crap for you, if your not skilled at what you do.

Except Stalker. That gives you a gift for dying, so which actually hurts the good players.

Edited by Moderator - Please do not make nonconstructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I didn’t even read your post, your title was all I needed to say, COD in Space -_-

> Except Stalker. That gives you a gift for dying, so which actually hurts the good players.

I’m saying in general. I haven’t yet read fully on the specializations yet.

> I didn’t even read your post, your title was all I needed to say, <mark>COD in Space</mark> -_-

COD has individual skill, not the level of difficutly in skill that Halo has. Halo does not have indiviual skill.

They’re just specializations.

And no, if you’re better than someone you don’t deserve an advantage.

It’s like the rich thinking they deserve more tax breaks because they’re so much more important.

Finally someone on this forum that understands what ive been saying halo has always been about the better player winning. And its going to be like that in halo 4.

I’f I’m good, wont having experience alone give me an edge on the battlefield? Why would I need cheap gimmicks to give me an even worse experience to anyone below me?

If you’re good with vocal communication, map control, and skill, you’re already good enough. You don’t need anymore, it just gives everyone else a bad experience.

> Except Stalker. That gives you a gift for dying, so which actually hurts the good players.

yeah, basically it’s death streaks in halo.

i completely agree with OP halo is all about mixing things up and variety to come up with strategies tactics and skill to take out your opponents and with all of these new things in halo 4 its going to be a hell of a lot more fun testing everything and having a huge variety to play with. not just running around with some grenades a dmr and a magnum, or camping in a corner with an energysword, change it up and have fun with it

> Finally someone on this forum that understands what ive been saying halo has always been about the better player winning. And its going to be like that in halo 4.

Halo has been about the better player winning because he’s better, not because he was awarded advantages because he’s better.

Some of my most shining moments are when I can overcome someone much higher rank than me in a close game. If they have advantages over me, I don’t even have that chance.

-Yoink- this game…

> They’re just specializations.
>
> And no, if you’re better than someone you don’t deserve an advantage.
>
> It’s like the rich thinking they deserve more tax breaks because they’re so much more important.

Why not? You expect it to be equal amongst everyone? If your better then someone, it means you have the skill and tactics to win in a gunfight. Skill has never been about being equal.

> > Finally someone on this forum that understands what ive been saying halo has always been about the better player winning. And its going to be like that in halo 4.
>
> Halo has been about the better player winning because he’s better, not because he was awarded advantages because he’s better.
>
> Some of my most shining moments are when I can overcome someone much higher rank than me in a close game. <mark>If they have advantages over me, I don’t even have that chance.</mark>
> -Yoink!- this game…

Then get better and overcome them. If he’s the better skilled player, whats the reason for not having an advantage over you?

> > Finally someone on this forum that understands what ive been saying halo has always been about the better player winning. And its going to be like that in halo 4.
>
> Halo has been about the better player winning because he’s better, not because he was awarded advantages because he’s better.
>
> Some of my most shining moments are when I can overcome someone much higher rank than me in a close game. If they have advantages over me, I don’t even have that chance.
>
> -Yoink!- this game…

so you never stood a chance in halo reach? AA’s were an advantage. knowing a weapons spawn time and the best routes is an advantage. etc.

the point that keeps flying over your head is that if a player is good. crutch/advantage or not they will beat you. that has always applied in halo and still applies in halo 4.

so if i have a spec. and you have a different. im still going to beat you whatever im holding or using. the edge is just a small thing that barley improves your already great play.

your blowing it way out of proportion.

Stalker’s the only one I’m slightly worried about. I hope it’s balanced properly.

> I’f I’m good, wont having experience alone give me an edge on the battlefield? Why would I need cheap gimmicks to give me an even worse experience to anyone below me?
>
> If you’re good with vocal communication, map control, and skill, you’re already good enough. You don’t need anymore, it just gives everyone else a bad experience.

Like I stated, the battlefield has never been about fairness. Thats the subject I drilled into the OP.

> > I’f I’m good, wont having experience alone give me an edge on the battlefield? Why would I need cheap gimmicks to give me an even worse experience to anyone below me?
> >
> > If you’re good with vocal communication, map control, and skill, you’re already good enough. You don’t need anymore, it just gives everyone else a bad experience.
>
> Like I stated, the battlefield has never been about fairness. Thats the subject I drilled into the OP.

In terms of gameplay mechanics fairness/balance is necessary. If the fairness you are referring to is how you would move around, act, and fight like, then yes you should never lower it.

> > > I’f I’m good, wont having experience alone give me an edge on the battlefield? Why would I need cheap gimmicks to give me an even worse experience to anyone below me?
> > >
> > > If you’re good with vocal communication, map control, and skill, you’re already good enough. You don’t need anymore, it just gives everyone else a bad experience.
> >
> > Like I stated, the battlefield has never been about fairness. Thats the subject I drilled into the OP.
>
> In terms of gameplay mechanics fairness/balance is necessary. <mark>If the fairness you are referring to is how you would move around, act, and fight like, then yes you should never lower it.</mark>

That’s what I’m explaining.