If you worked for 343i

I know the Halo community is filled with people who want Halo 4 to succeed, so tell me what do you take from the previous Halo titles that would make Halo 4 be a must buy.

Halo Ce
Campaign (Great story with that brand new beginning for the trilogy)
Pistol for its own playlist similar to an anniversary playlist

Halo 2
Rank system
Stats (with some world stats incorporated) See where you rank in kills, deaths, etc

Halo 3
Equipment pick ups (camo especially) with some new ones added
Health regeneration
Theatre

Halo Odst
Firefight

Halo Reach
Dmr (Br spread is as random as bloom) I think its more accurate then the Br
Armor customization
Credits (only for purchasing armor or effects)
Forge (add more colors available for map building)

The thing that makes our community awesome is the ability to voice our opinions, 343i is listening look at what they’ve done with Reach after Bungie handed them control of the franchise. 343i listened to the community and added no bloom settings, and many more updates that the community wanted. I see a lot of people on this forum saying they don’t want Halo 4 to be a Halo 3.5 I would over a Reach v2. I’m glad Bungie isn’t making Halo 4 cause Reach was a big failure to the fans, I believe 343i is going to do a good job from what I’ve seen with the updates they’re not going to make the mistakes Bungie made.

Now if you work for 343i what are you going to take from previous Halo titles to make Halo 4 be a must buy game. I’m listening!

that is a hard question…:confused:

> that is a hard question…:confused:

> that is a hard question…:confused:

I just want to know what people loved about previous Halo titles, and would love to see make a return to Halo 4. What did you love in the previous titles?

Well, to be honest, this ties to campaign but Halo 4 would be the first to do it. I want proper, full characterisation of all the main characters. The original trilogy took 2-3 games to properly make the characters interesting. The Arbiter is the exception. Reach had boring characters and ODST had maybe 2 who were alright.

this is extremely hard because there are a million things and i cant remember them all but ill try

Halo Ce
Great Campaign
Original weapons and maps and vehicles and gametypes were amazing

Halo Custom Edition
The online ability
Amazing custom games and map editor

Halo 2
Great Campaign
MM made a great introduction
awesome custom games
Dual weilding
New weapons, maps, gametypes, vehicles (spectre)
Health regen changed
Play as elites and spartans
True Skill leveling system

Halo 3
Great Campaign
Equipment (except the blinder and radar jammer)
Forge
Theatre
4player co-op
New weapons, maps, gametypes and vehicles

Halo Odst
Firefight
VISR
Play as odsts

Halo Reach
Armor customization
AAs
Improved forge and FF etc
new weapons, maps, gametypes, and vehicles
progressive rank

There are a million things i could list i know i left out but its something

If i worked for 343 Industries i would most likely see what everybody liked on the forums. Maybe a mixture of Halo 2 and Halo 3 but give it that Halo CE feel of mystery but yet stun the audience with Halo 3 like story line.

Multiplayer wise i would lean more towards Halo 3 and Halo 2 seeing as they were great games and sold millions. I would mix it up with new vehicles and new weapons as well maybe some new equipment.

Though Halo 4 is a new game to a new trilogy it is hard to say what they will do as of game mechanics wise. I can assure they do take all of our thoughts into a ccount or they wouldn’t had made a forum based part of the website. I :heart: 343 Industries

> Halo Reach
> Dmr (Br scan is as random as bloom)/quote]
>
> Why the DMR instead of, it’s yet another semi-auto precision weapon with slow kill times, inconsistent spread (I think as you are referring to), in terms of it being Cannonical the BR effectively superceeds the DMR as the UNSC weapon of choice, and at least the BR is something different, as it’s the only precision weapon that isn’t single shot. Fix its spread and it would be perfect.
>
> OT: I agree with almost all your point except the one on the DMR, and perhaps the ‘Play as ODST’ option, perhaps only in custom games, but would be time consuming to implement and not a necessary feature. After all, they have to fit it all onto one disc!
>
> Good post though.

I think the community needs to calm their minds from Reach, they really hate it :confused:

This means the game has to fundamentally different both in terms of graphics (a new, more colorful, brighter art style) and gameplay (no loadouts, no AAs, no Bloom, changing Forge for more variety, changing Firefight for more of a survival mode, new ranking systems and having better multiplayer maps). I think its quite obvious that the story will be different- so we can mark that one off.

Overall, it looks like this is going to be a real step forward for Halo, but we cant be sure at the moment with all this fog of mystery and all the unknown blinding our way. We might be going backwards :0

lol

OT EDIT:

Halo CE- inovation, mysterious unfolding story.

Halo 2- Epicness for campaign, long and many cutscenes, bigger focus on story, set pieces, cool gameplay tweaks, minor boss battles, thickening plot, DUAL WIELDING, the MUSIC.

Halo 3- Terminals, Skulls, Forge, awesome Forge and Theatre, <mark>SANDTRAP</mark>, character development, huge scale, awesome ending, art style, huge mini-bosses (SCARAB equivalent?), the feel of non-linearity, the HALO FEEL.

Halo Wars- expanding the universe, the rest was RTS stuff which don’t really apply to core Halo games.

Halo 3 ODST- Firefight, personal story that is actually much bigger than it seems.

Halo Reach- showing off humanity- after all, that is what we are fighting for. This means, civis, civi vehicles, cities and what not. Although, I think Halo 4 is going for a more alien feel so I think that’s out of the picture. Also loads of EASTER EGGS, but less complex and gimmicky. More like Halo 3 but at the quantity of Reach,

Halo CEA- Terminal evolution, Skull effects,

I’d copy and paste Halo 2’s gameplay, obviously with the glitches and bugs ironed out and some of the weapons a bit more balanced. (touching the BR, Sword or Sniper, or whatever their Halo 4 equivalents may be would be blasphemy though)

Everything else can be new. It doesn’t really matter other than the gameplay. I’m sure they will create an epic story, and give us great miscellaneous features like an improved Theatre, Forge and much, much more.

I’d probably quit since you do ONE thing that a few “fanatics” don’t like and you immediately “broke their game”.

> I’d probably quit since you do ONE thing that a few “fanatics” don’t like and you immediately “broke their game”.

I wouldn’t. Because at the end of the day you would be getting paid. :smiley:

> > I’d probably quit since you do ONE thing that a few “fanatics” don’t like and you immediately “broke their game”.
>
> I wouldn’t. Because at the end of the day you would be getting paid. :smiley:

If I wanted to get paid to listen to a bunch of whining -Yoink!- that “didn’t get their way”, I’d apply to work as an assistant on Jersey Shore.

I understand your point but I’d also want to enjoy getting paid. Not want to jam a searing hot poker up my nose and start swirling.

> > > I’d probably quit since you do ONE thing that a few “fanatics” don’t like and you immediately “broke their game”.
> >
> > I wouldn’t. Because at the end of the day you would be getting paid. :smiley:
>
> If I wanted to get paid to listen to a bunch of whining -Yoink!- that “didn’t get their way”, I’d apply to work as an assistant on Jersey Shore.
>
> I understand your point but I’d also want to enjoy getting paid. Not want to jam a searing hot poker up my nose and start swirling.

Well aren’t you interesting.

> Well aren’t you interesting.

Most people think so.

I would frolloc and run around whipping frank until he made the game good,coz it BETTER BE GOOD

Halo CE: Kill times.
Halo 2: Decently-sized Campaign.
Halo 3: Advertizing campaign.
Halo Wars: Grizzly.
Halo 3 ODST: Atmosphere OR really awesome character development.
Halo Reach: Grenade Launcher. Pl0x0rz.

I’d want everything else top be similar to Halo 4, in Halo 4.

CE
consistency
balanced
exploration
mystery culminating in adventure and action
no linear gameplay
AI

H2
boldness (H3’s campaign was watered down and could have been Halo 2.5, which I would have preferred as it would have improvements)

H3
physics
AI
refinements
new modes
Theater

ODST
AI
refinements

Reach
nothing

> Reach
> nothing

Yes, because Reach did absolutely nothing right whatsoever.

Halo CE

• Large, open environment allowing players to explore the world or rush through the story

Halo 2

[/li]- Variety of environments and location thoughout the campaign

• A long campaign, but not ridiculously long
  • Music from outside artists

Halo 3

[/li]- Theater

• Dual-wielding and lots of weapons
  • VIP, Grifball, Infection

Halo 3: ODST

[/li]- Great character development

• Awesome music
  • Each level unique and new
  • Use ODST’s Firefight as the basis for Halo 4’s.

Halo Reach

[/li]- Huge level of customization, from Customs, to Firefight, to your character, and so on

• New weapons
  • Banshee design
  • Weapon Balance
  • Credits
  • HUD Layout and Healthbar
  • Health Packs

For skill-based ranking, I think something entirely new is needed. Arena was a step in the right direction, but we should never return to 1-50, be it Halo 2’s or 3’s. For matchmaking, Trueskill should be used in every playlist, not just ranked {or Arena in the case of Reach).