If you were in charge of creating a Reach Patch....

The Bungie.net forums have been going rampant about how multiplayer needs fixing and that someone one needs to deploy a title update to fix “Reach’s obvious flaws” (i.e Armor Lock, Bloom, etc.)

Is it needed? Why or why not?

And please try to keep it civil. :wink:

If they adjusted armorlock I wouldnt complain, but really it doesnt bother me. What I feel like would be the best solution is the addition of custom options. Turn off bloom, turn on/off bleed through on melees, and most of all, individual weapon sliders.

I feel like bloom could be a great new addition to halo, but it will need some serious adjustment, at least on the DMR. If bloom stays (and I expect it would remain through a patch) it will need to severely punish spammers. There are too many instances where luck decides what used to be halo to me, the short/midrange precision weapon battle. (BR/magnum anyone?)

anyway, I have pages to say but I wont drown your thread with my thoughts

Right now, I wouldn’t say I have a problem with the gameplay in Halo: Reach, apart from a few fundamental issues. Mainly of which, would be Armor Lock and Weapon Bloom - I don’t feel either of them function in the way they were originally intended, which is quite saddening; with a subtle tweaking I’m sure they could be better implemented into the gameplay.

As for the specifications of what to change, I’ll let smarter people try and figure that out.

> Right now, I wouldn’t say I have a problem with the gameplay in Halo: Reach, apart from a few fundamental issues. Mainly of which, would be Armor Lock and Weapon Bloom - I don’t feel either of them function in the way they were originally intended, which is quite saddening; with a subtle tweaking I’m sure they could be better implemented into the gameplay.
>
> As for the specifications of what to change, I’ll let smarter people try and figure that out.

Definitely, I completely agree!

I strongly dislike bloom and armor lock mainly because it slows down the game so hard, I like the good old run and gun fast paced style of Halo that they had mainly in H2.

I had a headache. It just went migraine.

Can I make a suggestion? Make gauss cannon. All it takes is about 30 Farads of capacitance, about $30 worth of wire, some polarized ferrous material, a really long glass tube, a lot of laser sensors, a PIC, a laptop and some C++ programming. And dear god the math.

Only now do I wish I kept a few pictures from long ago. High School major project with a few other people.

I’ve come to find that bloom helps me make my shots count. When I pace my shots like I would normally, I find I my shots getting credit a heck of a lot more often than old. If this was still old, even if I was dead on at an enemy at very long range, the BR would take 8-12 shots to get a kill. With the DMR, I’m hitting when I want.

If an enemy get’s close, like they want to rush me, I cut the distance hard with either better close/short range weapon or I intend to hit hard with a grenade or melee and pop the enemy in the head.

No matter what, I hate engaging in a 5-shot battle. I’d rather a 3-shot with a buddy or if I’ve been cut-off, I’m playing “dirty” and doing what I can do top drop shields before I engage in battle. Dropping someone’s shield is how I prefer to say “look at me.” And then I’d prefer they don’t look at me.

Feel better now I do.

Fix bloom or get rid of it. This is #1. Everything else is just a bonus.

• Nerf Armor Lock

• Buff the Warthog

• Nerf the Banshee Bomb

• Fix the Banshee evade issue

• Bring Back Alpha Zombie

• Fix the awful spawning

• Put kill barriers where they need to be

• Nerf DMR damage done to vehicles (into the ground)

• Nerf Sniper damage done to vehicles (into the ground)

• Fix Infection

• Fix Bloom

• Fix and add Custom Game options

• Fix the Infection Betrayal Glitch

• Fix the stupid Melee System

Oh, and I almost forgot: Fix that stupid glitch where your campaign data resets!! >:frowning:

I can truly live with everything in Reach right now but them taking away a Plasma in Elite Slayer and Removing the Needler From the Armor Lock class. Oh and that STUPID camping spot on the back ledge of Sword Base that you can Sprint Gravity Lift to. It ruins Infection! Someone needs to fix that!

Forgot this in my first post, bring back shield vampirism and shield leech from Halo 3 to custom games. Along with the ability to only have the Host forge. Alpha Zombie traits, meh. I can live without them