If you think Halo 4 will be bad

Here’s a few things.
They are bringing back no bloom, high jumps, bleed through, old ragdolls, and purpose built maps.
They are keeping abilities, and I’m not sure yet how weapons will affect vehicle integrity. From what we know they are featuring the BR and DMR which leads me to believe that they will have all weapons, like the missle pod so the sniper will no longer need a dual purpose.

I’m sure you guys have heard about the loadouts, but I can say with certainty this will only be in effect on certain playlists. 343i respects Halo and its traditional style. They’ve shown that by making all of the classic playlists in Reach.

I can almost promise you that there will be a classic alternative for just about every playlist.

I think its a good thing they are trying to appeal to other gamers more with Halo 4 and get them interested with the series. I can’t say I generally like the CoD fanbase, but if it means more sales for my favorite game I can’t complain.

On top of all of this we don’t have a lot of info to run on either.

I see it like this. As long as they are serving root beer at the party, I don’t care what everyone else is drinking.

I don’t think Halo 4 will be a flop. I have mixed feelings about it right now. I like some new things but dislike other things. Time will tell in which way Halo 4 is leaning towards.

> Here’s a few things.
> They are bringing back no bloom, high jumps, bleed through, old ragdolls, and purpose built maps.

Where’d you hear that?

I don’t think I have enough info to say, I know that choosing what weapons you get is the worst idea I have ever heard, but that just means I will play classic playlists, hopefully they make a classic invasion.

> > Here’s a few things.
> > They are bringing back no bloom, high jumps, bleed through, old ragdolls, and purpose built maps.
>
> Where’d you hear that?

Where’d you hear that?

And I have mixed feeling right now, though I do not think it will be a flop either

> > Here’s a few things.
> > They are bringing back no bloom, high jumps, bleed through, old ragdolls, and purpose built maps.
>
> Where’d you hear that?

They have bleed through in the Reach classic playlists so it only makes sense for them to keep it, and the old ragdolls were shown with the green skeleton thingy on the Spartan IV in the First Look trailer. At least I think thats what that was.

You make fair points but sadly, people will still base the entire game off of their suppositions regarding the new features.

Meh, there are things that kind of aren’t making a bad game, just rather not the game a lot of people wanted.

I believe Halo 4 will be a great success, in multiplayer and campaign, but just does not deliver to some of the old fans. Seeing as Halo 4 is a sequel to Halo 3, it makes me wonder why they would change it from an arena based game to a class-based one. We know arena games deliver very well to competitive gamers, but just like Halo 3, can also be very fun with things like custom-games, forge, and even social playlists.

Class-based games don’t really shine for me, and when I hear Halo, I expect an arena FPS. So when I read about Halo 4 it disappoints me that they are going this direction.

On the other hand, they are still giving us our “Classic” (although I think it should be called balanced) playlists. It splits the community in two ways, by giving less support to the people that wanted Halo to stay in the Arena sub-genre. Unfortunately, when I want to play Halo 4 with my friends, for a huge portion of the time I’ll have to play class-based Halo, and then I’m put in a corner when I want to play what I always felt Halo should have been.

Although there are certain things in the GI article that aren’t even good in class-based shooters. Like random weapon spawns, instant re spawns, and joining-mid game. Hopefully 343 listens to the community when they say that nobody ever wanted this or ever asked for it.

Alas, Halo 4 will be a good game if 343 doesn’t shut out the community completely on these things, and continues to keep their formula of what they think is “Halo”, although it’s definitely not what a lot of people thought.

I hear you. Most of my friends are Halo fans and respect the old ways, but I wouldn’t mind trying some class based Halo.
Insta-spawns will be… different. Joining mid-game is a freaking recipe for disaster though. The only thing that happens is that when a team is going to lose they rage quit, then the new people that fill their slots find a losing game, and they get destroyed.
Its a bad idea, but if it were optional then that’d be fine with me.

This is a response to DBD Shadow LK, as I started this post but did not finish it till much later. ME3 multiplayer called :slight_smile:

No doubt it’ll be an excellent game, but I’m just somewhat cautious of some of the changes. Though, knowing that instant respawns will have no place in objective type matches and will mainly have presence in FFA, I’m a little relieved.

I terrified by the fact of recoil, “forerunner vision”, “perks” for the better players, random respawn of weapons (mixed feelings with that), INSTANT RESPAWN (CTF will be impossible), Sprint 24/7 + ARMOR ABILiTY! I mean come on, Halo 2 and 3 were perfect!!! Why ruin something thats already beautiful? A mean you NEED changes in games, but this is TOO MUCH (in my opinion, and therefore IM SCARED OF THIS GAME BEING BAD)

One thing I’m interested in is the ragdoll physics. I loved Halo 3’s physics and ragdoll deaths, it made the gameplay seem so smooth.

It would be great to hear information on this, as it is one of the non-important features that 343 could explain.

it will be bad … 343 is incompetent, and already massacred reach with their updates … i cant wait until halo 4 fails . but then again, even if it is such a failure, it wont stop them from making halo 5 and 6, they will make it no matter how bad it is , which is really dumb

> it will be bad … 343 is incompetent, and already massacred reach with their updates … <mark>i cant wait until halo 4 fails</mark> . but then again, even if it is such a failure, it wont stop them from making halo 5 and 6, they will make it no matter how bad it is , which is really dumb

That says a lot about your character. Don’t like what’s happened to Halo? I can respect that. Hoping Halo fails just so you can feel vindicated? Sounds fickel and childish. Something you expect from spoiled brats, not men.

Listen, I don’t care what anyone says, but I want to say this. Yes, I too have mixed feelings for Halo 4. What is VERY disappointing is that Halo 4 will be much more complicated, such as battle deck, new weapons, etc. Also, the Pistol, Carbine, and DMR sound VERY weak. I personally like unsilenced weapons, 'cause they sound stronger. I am very excited about the campaign, though. It is darker and more personal into characters. And the story is amazing. I also don’t like it because it will be more like CoD. There will be point systems, armor and weapon customization, and announcements in the middle of the screen. That is a change that will take time to recover from. And the armor looks sooooooo weird, but that is an opinion (I didn’t say I didn’t like it =D). We will all miss the changes and all of the old stuff, but hey, when it’s gone, we carry on. I’ll just say in bottom line, it will be VERY different, but we know we will enjoy it. Thx 343i.

Listen, I don’t care what anyone says, but I want to say this. Yes, I too have mixed feelings for Halo 4. What is VERY disappointing is that Halo 4 will be much more complicated, such as battle deck, new weapons, etc. Also, the Pistol, Carbine, and DMR sound VERY weak. I personally like unsilenced weapons, 'cause they sound stronger. I am very excited about the campaign, though. It is darker and more personal into characters. And the story is amazing. I also don’t like it because it will be more like CoD. There will be point systems, armor and weapon customization, and announcements in the middle of the screen. That is a change that will take time to recover from. And the armor looks sooooooo weird, but that is an opinion (I didn’t say I didn’t like it =D). We will all miss the changes and all of the old stuff, but hey, when it’s gone, we carry on. I’ll just say in bottom line, it will be VERY different, but we know we will enjoy it. Thx 343i.

I don’t think Halo will be bad, I think I am not going to enjoy it.