If you look closely...

Alright I was taking a closer look at the deadeye helmet, check this out.

http://media-titanium.cursecdn.com/attachments/41/228/image-7.jpg

Now, if you look closely, the deadeye helmet design is drawn over another helmet. It is drawn over a sort-of base/regular helmet. You can see the curves and shape drawn underneath the deadeye helmet.

I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s a rendering of something that’s 3D in 2D. Meaning, it’s impossible to tell in the picture, but I wouldn’t be surprised if those lines were the lines of the actual helmet, and what looks like a “covering” around those lines is actually a fin that sticks straight out. Just a guess, and it’s impossible to know based on those drawings.

Great eye though.

It’s not another helmet underneath, its probably just the under-sketch. When artists draw/sketch things they draw the foundation of the structure first then add more detail so it develops into the correct shape.

For example when an artist is drawing a face of a person (usually for cartoon characters) they draw a plain circle or oval for the head then they would draw a cross over it to measure up the eyes, mouth, nose etc then begin to create that persons face. Your seeing the different layers of development in that image of the helmet.

Or it could be the fact that the image is two dimensional and that specific part you are referring is a three dimensional texture.

I think that’s just additional detail in the drawing.

> It’s not another helmet underneath, its the under-sketch. When artists draw/sketch things they draw the foundation of the structure first then add more detail so it develops into the correct shape.
>
> For example when an artist is drawing a face of a person (usually for cartoon characters) they draw a plain circle or oval for the head then they would draw a cross over it to measure up the eyes, mouth, nose etc then begin to create that persons face. Your seeing the different layers of development in that image of the helmet.

That’s sort-of what I meant as a base/regular helmet. You knew the right terms for it though.

Always learning new things though, thanks.

Looks like either Reach Hazop or ODST (maybe even Mark V**). Can’t find side views of every helmet though to compare, without loading up Reach of course.**