If you let Chief go, here's how you do it

With the arrival of Fireteam Osiris, things aren’t looking well for the Master Chief. And I think 343 is going to let him go. But I really don’t want him to just fade off like Halo 5 is making him do. Here’s how I think it should happen:

First let’s look at the state of chief now. He’s a super soldier who was whisked away from civilization as a kid. He fights incessantly and has
been fighting for what? Twenty years? Fifteen years? It’s been a long time. He’s grieved by the loss and betrayal of his former AI friend and assistant Cortana, but has been reunited with his old team, Blue Team.

The he fact is Chief is getting old. He’s worked his butt off and he needs a break. I think Halo 6 should be about his journey to finally accept a higher rank and start living a personal life after defeating Cortana.

And it would go down like this. Chief battles enemy forces to stop Cortana from using the halo ring to destroy life. He works with the Sangheli and Fireteam Osiris to complete that goal. But their support isn’t enough. Then, the brutes are discovered again and they begrudgingly agree to join forces and stop Cortana. They get to the halo ring where it is discovered that there were still Flood on the ring. They fight an epic final battle, defeat Cortana, and Chief finally accepts the invitation to get to a higher rank.

> But before he calls quits for good, Halsey makes a genetic clone of him…and the new Master Chief begins.

Please no.

It was good, until the stuff about cloning him. He’s either out, or he’s not. None of that inbetween garbo.

> 2535437652903765;2:
> > But before he calls quits for good, Halsey makes a genetic clone of him…and the new Master Chief begins.
>
> Please no.

> 2533274808210415;3:
> It was good, until the stuff about cloning him. He’s either out, or he’s not. None of that inbetween garbo.

Ok yeah I figure that would be a little over the top. I edited it out.

> 2535445555605570;1:
> With the arrival of Fireteam Osiris, things aren’t looking well for the Master Chief. And I think 343 is going to let him go. But I really don’t want him to just fade off like Halo 5 is making him do. Here’s how I think it should happen:
>
> First let’s look at the state of chief now. He’s a super soldier who was whisked away from civilization as a kid. He fights incessantly and has
> been fighting for what? Twenty years? Fifteen years? It’s been a long time. He’s grieved by the loss and betrayal of his former AI friend and assistant Cortana, but has been reunited with his old team, Blue Team.
>
> The he fact is Chief is getting old. He’s worked his butt off and he needs a break. I think Halo 6 should be about his journey to finally accept a higher rank and start living a personal life after defeating Cortana.
>
> And it would go down like this. Chief battles enemy forces to stop Cortana from using the halo ring to destroy life. He works with the Sangheli and Fireteam Osiris to complete that goal. But their support isn’t enough. Then, the brutes are discovered again and they begrudgingly agree to join forces and stop Cortana. They get to the halo ring where it is discovered that there were still Flood on the ring. They fight an epic final battle, defeat Cortana, and Chief finally accepts the invitation to get to a higher rank.

I like this idea

> 2535437652903765;2:
> > But before he calls quits for good, Halsey makes a genetic clone of him…and the new Master Chief begins.
>
> Please no.

How would that even work isn’t Master Chiefs name like his rank. his clone would need to get trained, made into a Spartan, reach his rank all with out die.

Geneticaly they would be the same but mentally they would be different people. Unless genetics has any thing to do with being connected to the memories just like how twins have a connection.

All goes wrong and we are stuck playing mini master chief and we are the same height as a grunt.

> 2533274962122285;6:
> > 2535437652903765;2:
> > > But before he calls quits for good, Halsey makes a genetic clone of him…and the new Master Chief begins.
> >
> > Please no.
>
> How would that even work isn’t Master Chiefs name like his rank. his clone would need to get trained, made into a Spartan, reach his rank all with out die.
>
> Geneticaly they would be the same but mentally they would be different people. Unless genetics has any thing to do with being connected to the memories just like how twins have a connection.
>
> All goes wrong and we are stuck playing mini master chief and we are the same height as a grunt.

Yeah… that was another thing that I would have brought up, but I was just overwhelmed by the sheer oddness of that idea that it just sort of took a backseat.

If they cloned him it wouldn’t survive long. Humans haven’t figured that part out yet on keeping them alive for a while.

> 2535437652903765;7:
> > 2533274962122285;6:
> > > 2535437652903765;2:
> > > > But before he calls quits for good, Halsey makes a genetic clone of him…and the new Master Chief begins.
> > >
> > > Please no.
> >
> > How would that even work isn’t Master Chiefs name like his rank. his clone would need to get trained, made into a Spartan, reach his rank all with out die.
> >
> > Geneticaly they would be the same but mentally they would be different people. Unless genetics has any thing to do with being connected to the memories just like how twins have a connection.
> >
> > All goes wrong and we are stuck playing mini master chief and we are the same height as a grunt.
>
> Yeah… that was another thing that I would have brought up, but I was just overwhelmed by the sheer oddness of that idea that it just sort of took a backseat.

Omg use your brain. Yes he’d be cloned as a child and would go through Spartan training. As far as memories go though…could they use the domain to transfer memories and skills?

> 2535445555605570;9:
> > 2535437652903765;7:
> > > 2533274962122285;6:
> > > > 2535437652903765;2:
> > > > > But before he calls quits for good, Halsey makes a genetic clone of him…and the new Master Chief begins.
> > > >
> > > > Please no.
> > >
> > > How would that even work isn’t Master Chiefs name like his rank. his clone would need to get trained, made into a Spartan, reach his rank all with out die.
> > >
> > > Geneticaly they would be the same but mentally they would be different people. Unless genetics has any thing to do with being connected to the memories just like how twins have a connection.
> > >
> > > All goes wrong and we are stuck playing mini master chief and we are the same height as a grunt.
> >
> > Yeah… that was another thing that I would have brought up, but I was just overwhelmed by the sheer oddness of that idea that it just sort of took a backseat.
>
> Omg use your brain. Yes he’d be cloned as a child and would go through Spartan training. As far as memories go though…could they use the domain to transfer memories and skills?

I’m pretty sure the Domain wouldn’t have that kind of power. In addition to that… there’s always the possibility that the clone wouldn’t accept the augmentations as well and end up dead/crippled.