If you had to pick co-op characters?

If you had to pick the 3 co-op characters to follow Chief along on his journey who would you pick? I’d personally like 3 ODST’s. Ones that don’t talk much like the Rookie. It would be cool to have ODSTs with silenced weapons. They wouldn’t really be around when playing solo and they would be more so in the shadows when playing co-op.

Who would you like to see as co-op buddies?

Frederic-104, Kelly-087, and Linda-058

I haven’t actually thought about this.
I don’t know, it would be fun to have a playable alien race in co-op.
Preferably Elites or something similar.

> Frederic-104, Kelly-087, and Linda-058

Hmm… I imagine we’ll probably get extra Chiefs for co-op this time round, given there is nobody else around.

Better yet, the host could be the Chief and the other Spartans could use their multiplayer gear and colours, like Reach, in a way!

Frederic-104, Kelly-087, and Linda-058

and/or Jorge-052! (He’s still alive in my head!!)

This, if they don’t show up, then Arbiter and his buddies again. Or maybe… Forerunners. But they are a bit too strong. Unless our armor gets an upgrade.

If possible this please

Forerunner mechs/robots that act like the robot ally in Timesplitters Future Perfect.

> Forerunner mechs/robots that act like the robot ally in Timesplitters Future Perfect.

Doesn’t sound gimmicky at all.

OT: identical Chiefs. I don’t want them to be constricted into having 4 characters at every point, it cuts down on the storytelling.

> > Forerunner mechs/robots that act like the robot ally in Timesplitters Future Perfect.
>
> Doesn’t sound gimmicky at all.
>
> OT: identical Chiefs. I don’t want them to be constricted into having 4 characters at every point, it cuts down on the storytelling.

I know it doesn’t.

Most people play co-op recreationally so fooling around with the extra characters is fine IMO. way better than repeating the Halo 3 style which made Arbiter have no role in the story at all. So yes seriously I’m all for chief clones or own customized multiplayer spartans who don’t affect story at all.

1. Arbiter
  2. Badass odst
  3. Arbiter’s ship captain from halo 3 actually on the frontlines.

a grunt…

> > > Forerunner mechs/robots that act like the robot ally in Timesplitters Future Perfect.
> >
> > Doesn’t sound gimmicky at all.
> >
> > OT: identical Chiefs. I don’t want them to be constricted into having 4 characters at every point, it cuts down on the storytelling.
>
> I know it doesn’t.
>
> Most people play co-op recreationally so fooling around with the extra characters is fine IMO. way better than repeating the Halo 3 style which made Arbiter have no role in the story at all. So yes seriously I’m all for chief clones or own customized multiplayer spartans who don’t affect story at all.

I was being sarcastic (don’t tell me, so were you).

My point is, I want the characters to be part of the story. I’d love to have multiple perspectives in which you follow different characters on their own journeys. You can’t have that if the 4 most popular characters have to always be together in the same place. it also means that in single-player mode, these characters will only ever be NPCs or in cutscenes, you won’t get to play as them, they won’t have their own plotlines.

This

None with names. Noble Team was a terrible addition to Reach’s campaign. They were extremely powerful, literally invincible. This, combined with infinite ammo on powerful weapons like snipers and shotguns, creates a very deep sense of distance with the player. You don’t really like part of a team when you’re the only one who isn’t a god. You don’t feel like you’re a part of a team when you’re the one who does all the work.

If it were up to me, any friendly AI you find would be completely vincible. They can die at any time, which I why I stated “none with names”. No key characters like Fred or Linda should assist you in combat throughout the game (except for a few parts maybe so they don’t seem useless). Just random Marines or ODSTs. I don’t know about you guys, but I actually developed deeper connections with them than Noble Team. Like Mini Chief!

Mini Chief is a character that my brother and I came up with while playing “The Covenant” in Halo 3. At the start of the mission, you are dropped off with a Splazer and BR along with a group of ODSTs. One of which, has a red armband and red accents on his helmet. After killing the first group of enemies, a warthog and mongoose drop off via pelican. I took off in the warthog, leaving my brother and the Red ODST behind. My bro gives the ODST his Splazer, nicknames him “Mini Chief”, and gets on the mongoose. Mini Chief hops on the back and survives all the way until you are forced to leave your vehicles later on.

TL;DR Mini Chief > Noble Team.

and/or Sgt Johnson. It’s only a dream. If he survived the explosion in Halo CE why can’t he survive the one in Halo 3? Things just won’t be the same without Johnson. Johnson knew what the ladies liked.

This

> If it were up to me, any friendly AI you find would be completely vincible. They can die at any time, which I why I stated “none with names”. No key characters like Fred or Linda should assist you in combat throughout the game (except for a few parts maybe so they don’t seem useless). Just random Marines or ODSTs. I don’t know about you guys, but I actually developed deeper connections with them than Noble Team. Like Mini Chief!

This. One big reason why I think Halo1 and 2 are way better than the rest is that in them everyone could die and in Halo 2 there were only a couple short moments when you were accompanied by invincible ally. In Halo 3, ODST and Reach you have invincible teammates with you most of the time and they’re just as incompetent and stupid as normal marines.

But yea I also really wouldn’t mind if lets say Kelly, Fred and Linda participated in some fight, but they could be downed and they wouldn’t get up until you have completed the level. So it really seems like they were severely injured and just barely escaped death, not getting up every 5 seconds like Arbiter in Halo 3.

ODSTs don’t equal the chief, therefore that would not be fair for co-op partners and it would be great if the co-op partners where Fred, Kelly and Linda.