If you could change ONE aspect of Halo 5, what?

If you were allowed to change just one aspect of the Halo 5 experience, what would it be. BTW, before we get a deluge of “sprint” as the answer, don’t bother. There is about as much chance of them removing sprint as there is Pamela Anderson walking in my dorm room and making me a grilled cheese sandwich in the next half-hour. Please, try to keep it to responses that have a reasonable chance of actual implementation.

My answer:

Increase base movement speed a little…maybe around 10%?

I want strafing to feel like a more effective strategy outside of having to use thruster packs. This problem may be partially alleviated if the hit boxes are fixed as they currently feel too large and I’m often getting headshot when in the killcam it’s clearly not one.

On another note, on the final day, I’m happy to say I actually enjoyed the Beta over all. Despite the storm of apocalyptic “OMG it’s not Halo 2” posts that are overwhelming the forum, I think 343 may have a potential winner on their hands. The pros that I have been watching (Roy and a few others) seem to be enjoying it as well. And as far as claims that “there isn’t any skill gap!”…I’m not sure what game you’ve been watching. It’s just that now you have to master more mechanics than just jumping up and down.

Anyway, what do ya’ll think?

That’s would I would do too. Also remap the ground pound so that Ghandi hopping is possible.

Sprint.

Yes I read that part of your post, still gonna say it because it’s a chance regardless how small.

I would make shields stronger.

And I actually didn’t mind “weapon drops” in H4.
I’m not a COD fan at all, I just like to think “somebody” upstairs likes watching me win, and maybe I deserve a bigger gun. Just saying.

I’d also like to see them get rid of the Spartan Charge move, just let me Sprint and melee/assassinate my opponent.

I wouldn’t make huge changes.

nerf grenades. Their blast radius is way to big. Also i think they fly a tad to far.
assault rifle could do with a tiny nerf. Make it another 2 bullets to kill.
smg seems way to accurate or has way to much range in it. Should zoom in like the assault rifle.
give players option to turn off kill cam and death music
option to customize spartan voice with different accents.

> 2533274935834633;1:
> If you were allowed to change just one aspect of the Halo 5 experience, what would it be. BTW, before we get a deluge of “sprint” as the answer, don’t bother. There is about as much chance of them removing sprint as there is Pamela Anderson walking in my dorm room and making me a grilled cheese sandwich in the next half-hour. Please, try to keep it to responses that have a reasonable chance of actual implementation.
>
> My answer:
>
> Increase base movement speed a little…maybe around 10%?
>
> I want strafing to feel like a more effective strategy outside of having to use thruster packs. This problem may be partially alleviated if the hit boxes are fixed as they currently feel too large and I’m often getting headshot when in the killcam it’s clearly not one.
>
> On another note, on the final day, I’m happy to say I actually enjoyed the Beta over all. Despite the storm of apocalyptic “OMG it’s not Halo 2” posts that are overwhelming the forum, I think 343 may have a potential winner on their hands. The pros that I have been watching (Roy and a few others) seem to be enjoying it as well. And as far as claims that “there isn’t any skill gap!”…I’m not sure what game you’ve been watching. It’s just that now you have to master more mechanics than just jumping up and down.
>
> Anyway, what do ya’ll think?

Agreed. Up the base movement speed cuz as it stands right now I feel like I’m staffing through honey. Also,I’ll take it one further…remove thruster pack dashing,melee dash and sliding but keep Sprint,clamber,and ground pound. Initially I was all for all of the Spartan movements but after playing the beta I personally think there’s one to many movement options.

> 2533274856204101;5:
> I wouldn’t make huge changes.
>
> nerf grenades. Their blast radius is way to big. Also i think they fly a tad to far.
> assault rifle could do with a tiny nerf. Make it another 2 bullets to kill.
> smg seems way to accurate or has way to much range in it. Should zoom in like the assault rifle.
> give players option to turn off kill cam and death music
> option to customize spartan voice with different accents.

I think the increased blast radius on the grenades is likely because of the higher player movement speed with sprint and thruster pack. Maybe 343 believes that with the smaller radius, grenades won’t be as effective.
Agree with assault rifle nerf. It shouldn’t be able to consistently win against someone with a BR at mid range combat.
The SMG does seem to have too much range. It should destroy at close range but fall off quickly. Zoomed in it feels like the AR at mid range.
Turn off kill cam is good. Does this effect YOU seeing the kill cam or the player you just killed seeing it? I think it should affect both.

> 2533274808578327;3:
> Sprint.
>
> Yes I read that part of your post, still gonna say it because it’s a chance regardless how small.

Also sprint. I don’t care. It’s the biggest problem.

Sprint. If we could get this out of the way, the rest should be easy. Stabilizers and ADS are close seconds.

Sprint

Gone

The end. No other replies are valid.

Spartan abilities for sure, if I can only pick one.

EDIT: Though that headshot sound is irritating as -Yoink-.