If you care about the state of halo 5 read this

I’m sure everyone already knows that region lock has been removed in many countries. Because of this there is no point playing the game. Each and every match I get into is just a laggy mess, a competition of who is closest to the server. I beg 343 to do something about this because if they don’t more and more people will leave and it will become harder and harder to fix the issue. All we ask is for you to add server selection so we can choose if we want lag or not, so we cab choose how quickly we want to find a game based on ping and so that this game actually becomes playable. Don’t just take the easy way and remove region lock like you already have. You owe it to us fans that have continued to play the game and continued to support you. I know your in a business and your in it for the money but remember that the fans that are still left behind are the ones that will pick up halo 6.

They are adding matchmaking preferences in the next update stop complaining. It’s not just laggy for you but it is laggy for us too…

> 2533274858552797;2:
> They are adding matchmaking preferences in the next update stop complaining. It’s not just laggy for you but it is laggy for us too…

Understand your points of view. I live in Aus and haven’t been able to play multiplayer since launch. I do revisit from time to time to see if the situation has changed. It was a refreshing change to play Warzone Firefight and actually see something other than the red screen telling me I can’t play.

By chance, I tried once again to play some slayer yesterday. Imagine my surprise (and excitement) when the game actually loaded. Sure, every voice I heard was American, but I still managed to hold my own and I’m certain the experience wasn’t optimal for the other players either. Ironically, I seemed to find FFA matches faster, even with the warning that I had high latency to the server. Perhaps the latency made up for my inexperience owing to the inability to even enter a lobby prior to this.

I’d be interested in reading more about the new matchmaking preferences. Would you be able to send me a link please?

People have been asking for the option to select servers for years, but it never happens. So why not? Other games offer it. So what’s the deal? I mean, I’m not asking rhetorically, I genuinely want to know, what are the cons of having the ability to select what servers we want? Could someone who has more knowledge on the subject list some pros and cons for us so we’ll understand why we don’t have this feature or why we should?

hey are adding matchmaking preferences in the next update stop complaining. It’s not just laggy for you but it is laggy for us too…
Understand your points of view. I live in Aus and haven’t been able to play multiplayer since launch. I do revisit from time to time to see if the situation has changed. It was a refreshing change to play Warzone Firefight and actually see something other than the red screen telling me I can’t play.

By chance, I tried once again to play some slayer yesterday. Imagine my surprise (and excitement) when the game actually loaded. Sure, every voice I heard was American, but I still managed to hold my own and I’m certain the experience wasn’t optimal for the other players either. Ironically, I seemed to find FFA matches faster, even with the warning that I had high latency to the server. Perhaps the latency made up for my inexperience owing to the inability to even enter a lobby prior to this.

I’d be interested in reading more about the new matchmaking preferences. Would you be able to send me a link please?

I understand that it helps people finally be able to find games (I’m Australian) that’s why I said that instead of taking the easy was out and removing region lock add matchmaking preferences and stuff. Also to the guy that said there is matchmaking preferences in the next update please post a link because I don’t recall hearing about that.

EDIT: Sorry the quote messed up for some reason what I said was from understand that I helps people, down.

> 2533274883669557;4:
> People have been asking for the option to select servers for years, but it never happens. So why not? Other games offer it. So what’s the deal? I mean, I’m not asking rhetorically, I genuinely want to know, what are the cons of having the ability to select what servers we want? Could someone who has more knowledge on the subject list some pros and cons for us so we’ll understand why we don’t have this feature or why we should?

I have no idea why H5 doesn’t have this option. They should of had it at the release of H5.Specially with having dedicated servers. Why we should have this option of selectable servers is to give “us” the choice to pick the server we want to play on. The whole reason behind having such an option is for better game play. plain and simple. The downside would be there isn’t enough people in that particular area playing on that particular server so wait times would go up. But if wait times are to long and you cant find any players no big deal… You would just select another server to play on. The whole idea is to pick a server closest to you and spread out from there. The closer the better the ping rates will be which in turns means better game play. So this really becomes a win win for all. At least IMO. :slight_smile:

Why 343 looked over this such logical option is beyond me. I think they were trying to reinvent the wheel and came out with a square. These are basic options that many games have. Lets just hope this update will have such an option!

I thought it was just my connection, so how long has this region lock been removed?

There are already plenty of threads about region lock already, please use one of those.

Thanks.