If you bought Halo 4 CE Soundtrack at launch

I don’t know whose decision this was, but regardless those of us who paid full price for the CE OST at launch ($70) are getting screwed out of Volume 2. New buyer of this CE ost are buying it for $36 and also receive free copy of Vol 2 Download on 4/9.

Now before I posted this I did call The Omega Order (people who sell the only people who sell Halo 4 CE OST) and asked if those of us who bought in the initial run would also be receiving a copy of Vol 2. His response was that Microsoft had elected not do to do give it to the people who paid the full initial price.

I was under the impression that this CE was a limited run of 5000, but clearly that was mistaken. But is absolutely ridiculous that those of us who supported the label and the artists and Halo by paying full price at launch are being left out with nothing, while the deal goers, who snap it up now get even more for less.

This is a real shame, but I have learned my lesson not buying a Halo soundtrack every again.

SOURCE: http://www.theomegaorder.com/HALO-4-Original-Soundtrack-Limited-Numbered-Special-Edition-Boxset

My same exact response. Seriously WTF, we all just got duped out of an extra $35 and we get less content for the price. This is not fair for your fans o just us as a consumer. We paid full price and we get less… how is that fair!!

this is just pure rip-off

Ahh man,Its $35 now? WOuldve been nice to get Vol2 for free.

Time is money.

Heres the link for the Vol2 preview

Wow, that’s just a complete rip off.

Did you call Microsoft or tell bsangel or any other 343 employees about this problem?

some of us have tweeted just looked at lokie’s twitter seems he did so this morning. I myself tweeted at Neil Davidge himself.

Any updates?

I’m sorry as well with this reaction, no offense but I doubt anything is going to be done for us that paid in full. and to be honest, I think I am with lokie on this one, not buying Halo OST anymore if this is how they treat their customers.

Wait…people are still paying for physical music storage?

But in all seriousness, this fudging sucks! But it’s typical Microsoft, they will squeeze every single penny out of you till you either die or start buying Apple or Sony products!

looks shiftily at The Pirate Bay
But really, unless they have the music that was in the Crimson Map Pack trailer, I’m not all that interested. That was an awesome version of Arrival.

> Wait…people are still paying for physical music storage?
>
> But in all seriousness, this fudging sucks! But it’s typical Microsoft, they will squeeze every single penny out of you till you either die or start buying Apple or Sony products!

I usually buy collector versions or regular if I know im going to that artist concert that year for autographs.Others im all digital

> https://twitter.com/bsangel/status/320250148791926785
>
> I’m sorry as well with this reaction, no offense but I doubt anything is going to be done for us that paid in full. and to be honest, I think I am with lokie on this one, not buying Halo OST anymore if this is how they treat their customers.

Hah, Like that’ll do anything. With the loads of feedback about people wanting the Halo Waypoint apps updated with Halo4 stuff since launch.

While it is rather unfair for everybody who bought the Collector’s Edition, this is pretty normal behaviour with this kind of stuff.

I’m not saying that it’s right or fair by any means, and I’m disappointed that they would do such a thing, but I’m not surprised either. Just another way to get as much money as possible out of people…

I will still be happy to buy it once Amazon send me my 25% discount code. £6.25 for an album all be it download only is not much, I’m glad I purchased the soundtrack in the first run.

I think the new batch might not include the signed print or the avatar codes.

I’m glad I purchased when I did even if it has turned out cheaper later down the line.

If I waited I wouldn’t have been able to get my copy signed by Neil Davidge at the launch of Halo 4, that alone is worth the price.

I would be be angry if at a later date after purchasing the download copy to find that a CD is being released later in the year.

Yeah I got the LE soundtrack to at full price, I’m so mad at MS.

Im surprised it comesout tomorrow instead on Tuesday.Usually Tuesday for music.

> https://twitter.com/bsangel/status/320250148791926785
>
> I’m sorry as well with this reaction, no offense but I doubt anything is going to be done for us that paid in full. and to be honest, I think I am with lokie on this one, not buying Halo OST anymore if this is how they treat their customers.

Ouch. These politically correct responses from 343 get old really quickly.

Curious to see the reaction to this. All things diminish in time after a launch of the game, from the game itself to merchandise around that game

I dont complain when I see the LE edition of the game selling for half of what I paid on release, or when I picked up the LE console new for £100 cheaper then it was on launch

So long after launch, prices have to be competitive to get people to buy merchandise, if that means selling at a reduced price then a similar product did at launch that those are the breaks people