If you are going to keep JIP around.......

Atleast let me/us know what map, and gametype I am going to be put on the losing team. Nothing more frustrating than this, it’s a complete surprise in grifball when you dont know if its pro or regular or what map.

This.

Not just with Grifball, I want to see what I’m getting myself into so I can be prepared–not just be completely disappointed when the game starts up and it comes as a surprise that I’m already losing really badly and only have two teammates. I think that it’s demoralizing to find out as a surprise.

Be prepared?

What do you honestly mean by that?

Doing pushups? Drink a gallon of water? Start a Sudoku?

It tells you the name as you are picking your first loadout. Don’t worry so much about it.

JiP fails hard in this game. It honestly should be removed altogether.

Starting a BTB 8v3 in Halo is sacrilege.

To anyone who complains that this is better than what it used to be, being stuck in uneven teams, then your answer does not lie with a JiP system. It lies with a significant quit-punishment system.

Honestly, 343 went about this all the wrong way.

Join in progress isn’t needed - I don’t see how waiting an extra 15 seconds is hurting anyone.

Every game I have joined up until now I have been put on the losing team (By a lot).

I don’t want a join into a game where the score is 49/52 going to 60 either. Then i’ll end up seeing the loading screen more than anything else.

And I definetly don’t want to join someone if the scores are beyond 10 in a slayer game. Then I rather start from the beginning to have an impact on the game. The start often decides the rest of the game.

But joining a Grifball Pro game that your team is losing 4-0 is awesome!

> But joining a Grifball Pro game that your team is losing 4-0 is awesome!

I had this happen to me last night! I spawn, get killed instantly by the carrier, he scored, game over man! Thanks for all of 4 seconds of gameplay and they dont even count towards game completes.

> Atleast let me/us know what map, and gametype I am going to be put on the losing team. Nothing more frustrating than this, it’s a complete surprise in grifball when you dont know if its pro or regular or what map.

You honestly didn’t think players from the winning team were going to quit did ya. I’d say the JIP system was a joke from the get go. So now we have a crap JIP system as well as a brand new quit ban. I’ve never seen a game punish its player base so harshly. In my opinion, it’s either JIP or the quit ban, not both.

I like JIP in Regicide cause when i join a game and they above 150 i like how i can come back and win :slight_smile:

> > Atleast let me/us know what map, and gametype I am going to be put on the losing team. Nothing more frustrating than this, it’s a complete surprise in grifball when you dont know if its pro or regular or what map.
>
> You honestly didn’t think players from the winning team were going to quit did ya. I’d say the JIP system was a joke from the get go. So now we have a crap JIP system as well as a brand new quit ban. I’ve never seen a game punish its player base so harshly. In my opinion, it’s either JIP or the quit ban, not both.

I have actually been put on the winning side, but it is very rare.

> To anyone who complains that this is better than what it used to be, being stuck in uneven teams, then your answer does not lie with a JiP system. It lies with a significant quit-punishment system.

This is true. But it’s never going to happen.

A quit ban severe enough to actually be effective would result in too much bad press and forum rage.

It would VASTLY improve the quality of gameplay and longevity of matchmaking but it’s politically unpalatable. Hence the jip system.

In my experience, the jip system saves WAY more games than it ruins. It’s one of the features that I really like about H4.

With the absence of an effective quit ban BOTH systems are needed.

The quit ban is needed to discourage quitting, while the jip system alleviates the effects of quitting.

If jip was optional, everyone would disable it, rendering it useless.