IF you are going to add weapon attachments in H4.....

Please make it so players have to pick them up on the map and press a button to screw them on. I say this because judging from the H4 trailer Masterchief screws on a long barrel on his gun at the end(silencer?), and he shoots which looks like a plasma grenade launcher or something as he is thrusting through the exploding spaceship.

I say this because it COULD give another element of strategy and depth to the game if done right, but if it comes with each weapon or players can choose/customize their weapon attachments before the game like in a certain other military FPS that would just be making Halo more generic and Im not sure it could work.

Having them on the map like equipment was, would allow players to attach them to their weapon and they could be placed in strategic locations creating for more strategy and chokepoints.

I think the weapon attachments would be better served as pick-ups placed in strategic locations that players could screw on their weapons to use to their advantage. It would create chokepoints and reward players who have map knowledge and promote map movement.

You would NOT want them to already be on the weapons as picking up a an AR with a grenade launcher, or a sniper already with a silencer would be pretty cheap. You want players to have to earn their advantages and promote map movement and making them pick-up only in strategic locations would accomplish this task.

You also do NOT want the AR or whatever to spawn already with a grenade launcher attachment or have them customizable off spawn as you can imagine everyone using a grenade launcher attachment or supressor or whatever would be unbalanced and make for cheap gameplay.

Pick-up only is the only way I see this happening, I would be upset if they made everyone spawn with one just like I was upset with AA’s off spawn.

This is all hypothetical of course, but I think they would be better served as pick-up only like equipment was IF they are to be added to Halo.

What do you guys think?

Edit: More proof that we might be seeing weapon attachments in Halo 4

That isn’t a silencer, It is a grenade pistole and he is just reloading it.

I agree, there are too many first person shooters with that quality. I want Halo 4 to be unique .

> That isn’t a silencer, It is a grenade pistole and he is just reloading it.

Hmmm…that could be true this all could be a false alarm =)

> I agree, there are too many first person shooters with that quality. I want Halo 4 to be unique .

Agreed, those tend to be tatical shooters which have them anyways to create more tactical gameplay.

It’s a flare gun.

Not a bad idea. I wouldn’t care if it was implemented either way. But say if it was attached before the match in your loadout, I would want simple attachments like scopes, extended mags, and silencers. Nothing more.

And also, the gun in the trailer was a new weapon, unless they DRAMATICALLY changed the look of the pistol, which I doubt.

Alternate weapon ammo? Switch via D-Pad

If you watch the trailer closely, you can tell it’s just a grenade or some other form of explosive. It’s the same thing that he used a couple seconds earlier to blast open the door. The shape is all wrong, and it’s much too big to be a silencer.

That being said, my friends and I have thrown this idea around a bit amongst ourselves before, so if they could make it balanced, I’d be all for it.

Adding weapon attatchments as pick ups would serve the same purpose as giving you ability to hold more than two weapons. Just for example: EMP attatchment on a headshot capable weapon pretty much equals instant kill weapon, but on the other hand, so does dualwielding.

In theory it seems they could be implemented as long as they weren’t so powerful that picking one would be almost same as picking a power weapon. The problem I see here is that where dual wielding disabled your ability to use grenades, attatchments wouldn’t. This means that in order to work, the attatchments should be much weaker than dual wielded weapons.

Seems like a pretty complex and risky mechanic. That’s why I would say no. Besides, many people would scream when they heard the game to have weapon attatchments. If I was 343i, I wouldn’t try anything too radical in my first actual big game.

> Adding weapon attatchments as pick ups would serve the same purpose as giving you ability to hold more than two weapons. Just for example: EMP attatchment on a headshot capable weapon pretty much equals instant kill weapon, but on the other hand, so does dualwielding.
>
> In theory it seems they could be implemented as long as they weren’t so powerful that picking one would be almost same as picking a power weapon. The problem I see here is that where dual wielding disabled your ability to use grenades, attatchments wouldn’t. This means that in order to work, the attatchments should be much weaker than dual wielded weapons.
>
> Seems like a pretty complex and risky mechanic. That’s why I would say no. Besides, many people would scream when they heard the game to have weapon attatchments. If I was 343i, I wouldn’t try anything too radical in my first actual big game.

I think they should bring dual-wielding back. What about having two weapon’s and picking up a turret?

> > Adding weapon attatchments as pick ups would serve the same purpose as giving you ability to hold more than two weapons. Just for example: EMP attatchment on a headshot capable weapon pretty much equals instant kill weapon, but on the other hand, so does dualwielding.
> >
> > In theory it seems they could be implemented as long as they weren’t so powerful that picking one would be almost same as picking a power weapon. The problem I see here is that where dual wielding disabled your ability to use grenades, attatchments wouldn’t. This means that in order to work, the attatchments should be much weaker than dual wielded weapons.
> >
> > Seems like a pretty complex and risky mechanic. That’s why I would say no. Besides, many people would scream when they heard the game to have weapon attatchments. If I was 343i, I wouldn’t try anything too radical in my first actual big game.
>
> I think they should bring dual-wielding back. What about having two weapon’s and picking up a turret?

the turret slows down your movement speed making you an easy target, you also can’t use two weapons at once there. As for dual-wielding, it added right kind of depth to the game. Although, it isn’t very effective and can easily become underused.

> > > Adding weapon attatchments as pick ups would serve the same purpose as giving you ability to hold more than two weapons. Just for example: EMP attatchment on a headshot capable weapon pretty much equals instant kill weapon, but on the other hand, so does dualwielding.
> > >
> > > In theory it seems they could be implemented as long as they weren’t so powerful that picking one would be almost same as picking a power weapon. The problem I see here is that where dual wielding disabled your ability to use grenades, attatchments wouldn’t. This means that in order to work, the attatchments should be much weaker than dual wielded weapons.
> > >
> > > Seems like a pretty complex and risky mechanic. That’s why I would say no. Besides, many people would scream when they heard the game to have weapon attatchments. If I was 343i, I wouldn’t try anything too radical in my first actual big game.
> >
> > I think they should bring dual-wielding back. What about having two weapon’s and picking up a turret?
>
> the turret slows down your movement speed making you an easy target, you also can’t use two weapons at once there. As for dual-wielding, it added right kind of depth to the game. Although, it isn’t very effective and can easily become underused.

Yeah, hope they bring it back though.

As for attachment’s. No.

All i want is drop pod’s, Custom game browser and simulated visor on your HUD then I’m happy.

And give us an option for the aim acceleration.

I mean it could work if implemented correctly, but I’d imagine it’d be hard to implement so it would be balanced, so I’d say no for now.

> Adding weapon attatchments as pick ups would serve the same purpose as giving you ability to hold more than two weapons. Just for example: EMP attatchment on a headshot capable weapon pretty much equals instant kill weapon, but on the other hand, so does dualwielding.
>
> In theory it seems they could be implemented as long as they weren’t so powerful that picking one would be almost same as picking a power weapon. The problem I see here is that where dual wielding disabled your ability to use grenades, attatchments wouldn’t. This means that in order to work, the attatchments should be much weaker than dual wielded weapons.
>
> Seems like a pretty complex and risky mechanic. That’s why I would say no. Besides, many people would scream when they heard the game to have weapon attatchments. If I was 343i, I wouldn’t try anything too radical in my first actual big game.

Well, I was thinking if they did add them it would be for more tactical purposes, which after thinking about it could be good if done right. It would be giving weapons more capabilities/giving players more combat options, but as long as they are not overpowered or effect the game too much, they could be treated like equipment(pick-up only) and it could be interesting to say the least to see how players would use them to their advantages. Im going to remain skeptical but interested in what we will be seeing from H4.

And guys, watch the trailer again it looks like he pulls a long barrel out from behind his suit and SCREWS it on the unidentified weapon at the end of the trailer. I dont think that would be a reload action…
The pistol like weapon looks like it fires a grenade launcher or something as the barrel slides back, but it leaves an air trail and the explosion is like a blue cloud.
Not to say it is indicative as whats going to be in the actual game, but I have been wrong before.

> I mean it could work if implemented correctly, but I’d imagine it’d be hard to implement so it would be balanced, so I’d say no for now.

I would say id rather have weapon attachments then equipment, as it would be more balanced and wouldnt effect the game as much.

> Alternate weapon ammo? Switch via D-Pad

That probably could never work and I didnt see that in the trailer.

The weapon in the trailer looks incredibly nooby. I hope it turns out like Reach’s grenade launcher where it’s fun to use and takes a surprising amount of skill.

> The weapon in the trailer looks incredibly nooby. I hope it turns out like Reach’s grenade launcher where it’s fun to use and takes a surprising amount of skill.

I kind of hope we dont get weapon attachments.
Leave that to the other FPS, and modern shooters.

I like my halo, halo like. Map control and weapon control the very essence of the ‘weapons triangle’ in MP

If we really want this type of thing, Why not have different variety of weapons on the map with the attachments already on them? No this doesnt mean that there will be more weapons on the maps. It will mean however, that each time you pick up a BR or DMR (for argument sake) it could have a dot sight not a scope or something.