If this game played like the original....

With possible newer additions, would it of had a better fanbase than it does now? I keep seeing people saying if Halo retained what Halo was like in Halo 2-3, it would have still been the king of FPS. People say Reach was the game changer and the downhill of Halo when in reality it could have went back to the “roots” since you could remove sprint and all other AA.
I feel people just don’t know anymore and nitpick over small things. I don’t even know this community anymore. What do you guys think?

No, honestly if something came out with the mechanics like 2-3 and everything, everyone doesnt understand. No one will buy it

> 2533274922918809;2:
> No, honestly if something came out with the mechanics like 2-3 and everything, everyone doesnt understand. No one will buy it

You need to get better and move on,
what is everyone’s obsession with older games, yeah they where awesome, at the time.

The original? You mean CE?

I dont think it would be that popular or if anything it would receive just as much criticism for being the same thing over and over

The community criticise Cod for being the same each year yet they constantly want Halo to be the same each year. I like it that Halo is different every year, it means that I get new experiences and a larger variety of happy memory’s.

Nothing lasts forever if you enjoy one particular Halo game enjoy it by religiously playing it, but don’t expect 343 to limit Halos potential for the future by recycling old maps and modes despite how fun or nostalgic they may be.

> 2533274904245048;6:
> The community criticise Cod for being the same each year yet they constantly want Halo to be the same each year. I like it that Halo is different every year, it means that I get new experiences and a larger variety of happy memory’s.
>
> Nothing lasts forever if you enjoy one particular Halo game enjoy it by religiously playing it, but don’t expect 343 to limit Halos potential for the future by recycling old maps and modes despite how fun or nostalgic they may be.

thankkk yoouuu

One thing true about Halo 2-3, no one will come back to Halo for that. Don’t forget that we have powerful competitors in gaming like CoD and Destiny.

Edited: Halo 3 was the most desired shooter of its time. Nothing came close, but it lost its shine after a while. Hopefully, 343’s Halo will get that again.

> 2533274922918809;7:
> > 2533274904245048;6:
> > The community criticise Cod for being the same each year yet they constantly want Halo to be the same each year. I like it that Halo is different every year, it means that I get new experiences and a larger variety of happy memory’s.
> >
> > Nothing lasts forever if you enjoy one particular Halo game enjoy it by religiously playing it, but don’t expect 343 to limit Halos potential for the future by recycling old maps and modes despite how fun or nostalgic they may be.
>
>
> thankkk yoouuu

Omg someone actually approves of my posts for once :slight_smile:

Mechanics, physics, programming , we’ll have to start from scratch . Not to mention as someone had mentioned earlier in this topic they were good at the time they came out . And I don’t know if must you realize this but many games don’t stand up to the test of time . Most of the Marie polished and released with completely different engines running them. Haley was not like Pac-Man 30 anniversary edition , which is a completely different beast from the original Pac-Man even the controls of the same , and that’s what everybody can identify with the appearance and controls . What would be the end result of a release of two or three , not to mention that the programmers would want inevitably change things . Look what they’re doing the Final Fantasy 7 the remake , it doesn’t even relook like the original Final Fantasy 7 anymore , not the battle system, not the open world . So things would be different including people saying this is in Halo two or one .

It would be a massive failure. I’ve been playing since day one of CE. I do not miss or will I ever go back to that slow boring gameplay. People need to move on. The older Halos were good at the time.

I have no idea why some here keep regurgitating about a golden area in Halo that never happened in the first place. I was there and the things they claim were happening…wtf are they talking about?

> 2533274922918809;7:
> > 2533274904245048;6:
> > The community criticise Cod for being the same each year yet they constantly want Halo to be the same each year. I like it that Halo is different every year, it means that I get new experiences and a larger variety of happy memory’s.
> >
> > Nothing lasts forever if you enjoy one particular Halo game enjoy it by religiously playing it, but don’t expect 343 to limit Halos potential for the future by recycling old maps and modes despite how fun or nostalgic they may be.
>
>
> thankkk yoouuu

Eh… personally I think the gamemodes SHOULD stay regardless.

> 2533274832183516;12:
> > 2533274922918809;7:
> > > 2533274904245048;6:
> > > The community criticise Cod for being the same each year yet they constantly want Halo to be the same each year. I like it that Halo is different every year, it means that I get new experiences and a larger variety of happy memory’s.
> > >
> > > Nothing lasts forever if you enjoy one particular Halo game enjoy it by religiously playing it, but don’t expect 343 to limit Halos potential for the future by recycling old maps and modes despite how fun or nostalgic they may be.
> >
> >
> > thankkk yoouuu
>
>
> Eh… personally I think the gamemodes SHOULD stay regardless.

Stuff like infection should remain because its more than a simple game mode, it allows us to make several game modes for customs and forge. But that doesn’t mean newer game modes wont be better than it in the future.

> 2656587637345384;11:
> It would be a massive failure. I’ve been playing since day one of CE. I do not miss or will I ever go back to that slow boring gameplay. People need to move on. The older Halos were good at the time.
>
> I have no idea why some here keep regurgitating about a golden area in Halo that never happened in the first place. I was there and the things they claim were happening…wtf are they talking about?

It apparently had more people online than any of the later installments. Halo had an golden age.

I thought you meant CE by the original. I hate comparing this stuff cause Bungie didn’t know how to manage gametypes and weapon placement.
But I will say Halo 5 Default settings plays closer to the original Slayer Pro than Default Halo 2 and Halo 3. The pace, the Magnum, and the learning curve.

You could though argue that Halo 2 MLG was closer to the orginal Slayer Pro, but BR was a different skill in contrast to the Magnum. I don’t look at Halo 3 because the Melee, the pace, the range and bullet spread/speed; it just didn’t have the best positive feedback from the hardcores. And, don’t get me started on Vehicles being OP!

> 2533274832183516;14:
> > 2656587637345384;11:
> > It would be a massive failure. I’ve been playing since day one of CE. I do not miss or will I ever go back to that slow boring gameplay. People need to move on. The older Halos were good at the time.
> >
> > I have no idea why some here keep regurgitating about a golden area in Halo that never happened in the first place. I was there and the things they claim were happening…wtf are they talking about?
>
>
> It apparently had more people online than any of the later installments. Halo had an golden age.

And yet, you only see 16 people at most per match. What does it matter if every game you play is full? You guys are so obsessed with population.

> 2533274832183516;14:
> > 2656587637345384;11:
> > It would be a massive failure. I’ve been playing since day one of CE. I do not miss or will I ever go back to that slow boring gameplay. People need to move on. The older Halos were good at the time.
> >
> > I have no idea why some here keep regurgitating about a golden area in Halo that never happened in the first place. I was there and the things they claim were happening…wtf are they talking about?
>
>
> It apparently had more people online than any of the later installments. Halo had an golden age.

The following games had a Golden age but are still popular

• COD
  • Mario
  • Sonic
  • Zelda
  • Metroid
  • Pacman
  • Even Pong had a Golden age

If you implemented a classic / modern hybrid style of gameplay in which the player is never seperated from their ability to shoot, bullet magnetism was dialed down and we had more unique diverse maps like we did in the older games it would certainly do better than this game

> 2684064956505966;18:
> If you implemented a classic / modern hybrid style of gameplay in which the player is never seperated from their ability to shoot, bullet magnetism was dialed down and we had more unique diverse maps like we did in the older games it would certainly do better than this game

I would bet a lot of money you’re completely wrong.

> 2533274904245048;17:
> > 2533274832183516;14:
> > > 2656587637345384;11:
> > > It would be a massive failure. I’ve been playing since day one of CE. I do not miss or will I ever go back to that slow boring gameplay. People need to move on. The older Halos were good at the time.
> > >
> > > I have no idea why some here keep regurgitating about a golden area in Halo that never happened in the first place. I was there and the things they claim were happening…wtf are they talking about?
> >
> >
> > It apparently had more people online than any of the later installments. Halo had an golden age.
>
>
> The following games had a Golden age but are still popular
>
>
>
> - COD
> - Mario
> - Sonic
> - Zelda
> - Metroid
> - Pacman
> - Even Pong had a Golden age

Im sorry to ask but are pacman, pong sonic and metroid still popular? I would say no but i dont know. Not trying to be rude or anything just a genuine question.