If they want to put a stop to quitters ...

First off… Praise to the Ban Hammer… but seriously if they want to stop quitters they need to do this, which I also suggested to MCC, but they won’t do this because it makes sense and it would make multiplayer awesome… all they have to do is make a multiplayer options menu… now on this menu you would select game types, maps, player type, and eve game type(ranked or unranked)… then by your selections you would be dropped into those games. Of course the more you select the faster your matchmaking may be but at least this way you would get what game you want every time. So if all you want is slayer on a few particular maps you could do it… if all you wanted is objective type games or even just one objective what ever you want… you custom design your search to what games you want to be dropped in. This can’t be all that hard to do this day in age. But this would put an end to quitting because you could never say “didn’t get the game I wanted”…

How about, no. This is the same reason voting for maps is a bad idea (Veto works fine) It means that there will be certain game modes that will almost never get played. Objective gametypes are rare enough without removing the people who like other playlists better. If you are going to quit because you don’t like the playlist, then thats your own fault. It isn’t that big a deal, they are all part of the game. Learn to play.

> 2533274832089275;2:
> How about, no. This is the same reason voting for maps is a bad idea (Veto works fine) It means that there will be certain game modes that will almost never get played. Objective gametypes are rare enough without removing the people who like other playlists better. If you are going to quit because you don’t like the playlist, then thats your own fault. It isn’t that big a deal, they are all part of the game. Learn to play.

I don’t see the problem. With what the OP is suggesting, you could literally just drop your party into an objective game mode if that’s what you wished. It’s almost like the server browser in Battlefield, which is great.

> 2533274905097737;3:
> > 2533274832089275;2:
> > How about, no. This is the same reason voting for maps is a bad idea (Veto works fine) It means that there will be certain game modes that will almost never get played. Objective gametypes are rare enough without removing the people who like other playlists better. If you are going to quit because you don’t like the playlist, then thats your own fault. It isn’t that big a deal, they are all part of the game. Learn to play.
>
>
> I don’t see the problem. With what the OP is suggesting, you could literally just drop your party into an objective game mode if that’s what you wished. It’s almost like the server browser in Battlefield, which is great.

Yeah I don’t get how any one could disagree with this… no I don’t want to be dropped into the games I select that is total “yoink” leave it 100% random as it is now… hahaha

> 2533274905097737;3:
> > 2533274832089275;2:
> > How about, no. This is the same reason voting for maps is a bad idea (Veto works fine) It means that there will be certain game modes that will almost never get played. Objective gametypes are rare enough without removing the people who like other playlists better. If you are going to quit because you don’t like the playlist, then thats your own fault. It isn’t that big a deal, they are all part of the game. Learn to play.
>
>
> I don’t see the problem. With what the OP is suggesting, you could literally just drop your party into an objective game mode if that’s what you wished. It’s almost like the server browser in Battlefield, which is great.

Except this will seriously drop the populations in certain game types. This was one of the issues with Halo 4, it had too many playlists so some of the game types (which I thought were fun) were removed. By making it random you allow the players in the minority to get what they want on occasion. It also introduces players to game modes they might not have tried to enjoy otherwise. Map voting is naturally a bad idea (I can’t tell you how much I hated Ragnarok because everyone voted for it.) Map voting also offers no feedback to the developer, whereas veto allows developers to see that certain maps arent liked.

> 2533274832089275;5:
> > 2533274905097737;3:
> > > 2533274832089275;2:
> > > How about, no. This is the same reason voting for maps is a bad idea (Veto works fine) It means that there will be certain game modes that will almost never get played. Objective gametypes are rare enough without removing the people who like other playlists better. If you are going to quit because you don’t like the playlist, then thats your own fault. It isn’t that big a deal, they are all part of the game. Learn to play.
> >
> >
> > I don’t see the problem. With what the OP is suggesting, you could literally just drop your party into an objective game mode if that’s what you wished. It’s almost like the server browser in Battlefield, which is great.
>
>
> Except this will seriously drop the populations in certain game types. This was one of the issues with Halo 4, it had too many playlists so some of the game types (which I thought were fun) were removed. By making it random you allow the players in the minority to get what they want on occasion. It also introduces players to game modes they might not have tried to enjoy otherwise. Map voting is naturally a bad idea (I can’t tell you how much I hated Ragnarok because everyone voted for it.) Map voting also offers no feedback to the developer, whereas veto allows developers to see that certain maps arent liked.

It wouldn’t drop the population at all. It would actually stream line it and make it better because players will always get the games they want. When you select team slayer you will always get the maps and games you want… when you select BTB… you will get the games and maps you want.

The main reasons people quit is because they either didn’t get the maps they wanted or didn’t get the game they wanted and this would eliminate that.

> 2533274816788253;6:
> > 2533274832089275;5:
> > > 2533274905097737;3:
> > > > 2533274832089275;2:
> > > > How about, no. This is the same reason voting for maps is a bad idea (Veto works fine) It means that there will be certain game modes that will almost never get played. Objective gametypes are rare enough without removing the people who like other playlists better. If you are going to quit because you don’t like the playlist, then thats your own fault. It isn’t that big a deal, they are all part of the game. Learn to play.
> > >
> > >
> > > I don’t see the problem. With what the OP is suggesting, you could literally just drop your party into an objective game mode if that’s what you wished. It’s almost like the server browser in Battlefield, which is great.
> >
> >
> > Except this will seriously drop the populations in certain game types. This was one of the issues with Halo 4, it had too many playlists so some of the game types (which I thought were fun) were removed. By making it random you allow the players in the minority to get what they want on occasion. It also introduces players to game modes they might not have tried to enjoy otherwise. Map voting is naturally a bad idea (I can’t tell you how much I hated Ragnarok because everyone voted for it.) Map voting also offers no feedback to the developer, whereas veto allows developers to see that certain maps arent liked.
>
>
> It wouldn’t drop the population at all. It would actually stream line it and make it better because players will always get the games they want. When you select team slayer you will always get the maps and games you want… when you select BTB… you will get the games and maps you want.

But there are some maps that the majority of people don’t like, but are still good. There are some game types which naturally have lower populations. Look at dominion in Halo 4. I thought it was really fun, but it had such a low population when it was set off by itself that the playlist was removed. Limiting your playing options is ridiculous, especially when the majority of players on these forums are complaining about the lack of game types.

Well I went to great lengths to help with the games quitting problem here. I love the idea of a server browser and a check box system for specific searchs. But it would require a general shakeup of how Halo 5’s matchmaking works, which I doubt 343 will attempt.

> 2533274816788253;7:
> The main reasons people quit is because they either didn’t get the maps they wanted or didn’t get the game they wanted and this would eliminate that.

Map voting is an awful idea as Ive already explained, and you are trying to justify poor attitudes of the quitting players. I say give them automatic 20 minute bans every time they quit. Then they will learn to stay in the game or move on.

> 2533274832089275;10:
> > 2533274816788253;7:
> > The main reasons people quit is because they either didn’t get the maps they wanted or didn’t get the game they wanted and this would eliminate that.
>
>
> Map voting is an awful idea as Ive already explained, and you are trying to justify poor attitudes of the quitting players. I say give them automatic 20 minute bans every time they quit. Then they will learn to stay in the game or move on.

Do you guys not understand? There is NO voting! You get dropped into games based on YOUR multiplayer menu selections… you customize YOUR search…

> 2533274830444029;9:
> Well I went to great lengths to help with the games quitting problem here. I love the idea of a server browser and a check box system for specific searchs. But it would require a general shakeup of how Halo 5’s matchmaking works, which I doubt 343 will attempt.

This guy gets what I am saying.

Are you talking about what the Original GoW had?

I really liked it in GoW then, idk how successful it would be in Halo though

For customs, I don’t see why you cant set your custom game for people to join, and have some sort of browser to search/join others online custom games.

> 2533274873954403;13:
> Are you talking about what the Original GoW had?
>
> I really liked it in GoW then, idk how successful it would be in Halo though
>
> For customs, I don’t see why you cant set your custom game for people to join, and have some sort of browser to search/join others online custom games.

Didn’t play any of the Gears so don’t know

> 2533274816788253;14:
> > 2533274873954403;13:
> > Are you talking about what the Original GoW had?
> >
> > I really liked it in GoW then, idk how successful it would be in Halo though
> >
> > For customs, I don’t see why you cant set your custom game for people to join, and have some sort of browser to search/join others online custom games.
>
>
> Didn’t play any of the Gears so don’t know

Gears1 had a server browser on top of a automatic matchmaking for ranked play.

Well all I do know is if they had a multiplayer search menu where each individual player could select exactly what games and maps they wanted there would be a heck of a lot less quitting and in this day in age it should be possible.

> 2533274816788253;16:
> Well all I do know is if they had a multiplayer search menu where each individual player could select exactly what games and maps they wanted there would be a heck of a lot less quitting and in this day in age it should be possible.

Yeah and the game would be a lot more boring as only the same maps and game types kept coming up, unless you specifically chose not to play on the popular maps, even if you like them.

> 2533274832089275;17:
> > 2533274816788253;16:
> > Well all I do know is if they had a multiplayer search menu where each individual player could select exactly what games and maps they wanted there would be a heck of a lot less quitting and in this day in age it should be possible.
>
>
> Yeah and the game would be a lot more boring as only the same maps and game types kept coming up, unless you specifically chose not to play on the popular maps, even if you like them.

Why don’t people get what I am saying? Am I being confusing and just don’t know it? Dude… You would be dropped into the maps and games YOU pick specifically! So if you want the same map over and over then only pick that map. If you want a variety of maps pick them all. I can’t barney it any better so those who can’t comprehend… sorry…smh

So sorta like the server browser from BF4?

Gamers be like… I don’t want the option to pick my game types and maps… I want them picked randomly for me so I can quit when I get one I don’t like then I can complain when I get banned… duh!