If they "Scratch the Invasion itch", PLEASE..

If Invasion is Spartans vs. another race, why not allow us to use our own Spartans’ colors? I have no idea why they force us to be Red and Blue on Reach, they are DIFFERENT SPECIES. We don’t need team colors.

I had that same feeling in reach but at the same time I can see how there would be mistakes occurring with some people if their not color coordinated. I really hope Invasion returns though even if it was somehow spartan v spartan.

> I had that same feeling in reach but at the same time I can see how there would be mistakes occurring with some people if their not color coordinated. I really hope Invasion returns though even if it was somehow spartan v spartan.

How could you have a problem? You are Spartans, so you know to shoot at elites. Not only that, but when they don’t have a waypoint over them to show they are a teammate, you can tell.

[deleted]

> > > I had that same feeling in reach but at the same time I can see how there would be mistakes occurring with some people if their not color coordinated. I really hope Invasion returns though even if it was somehow spartan v spartan.
> >
> > How could you have a problem? You are Spartans, so you know to shoot at elites. Not only that, but when they don’t have a waypoint over them to show they are a teammate, you can tell.
>
> Elites aren’t returning.

We don’t know that yet. They just aren’t returning for Infinity matchmaking. We have not heard about customs or anything else yet.

[deleted]

> > We don’t know that yet. They just aren’t returning for Infinity matchmaking. We have not heard about customs or anything else yet.
>
> Don’t you talk back to me, boy!

^^ lol

As for Elites in Multiplayer, they said they would have something that would “scratch that itch”. Some people are guessing this could be invasion where you still get to play as elites but only in this playlist.

> > > > I had that same feeling in reach but at the same time I can see how there would be mistakes occurring with some people if their not color coordinated. I really hope Invasion returns though even if it was somehow spartan v spartan.
> > >
> > > How could you have a problem? You are Spartans, so you know to shoot at elites. Not only that, but when they don’t have a waypoint over them to show they are a teammate, you can tell.
> >
> > Elites aren’t returning.
>
> We don’t know that yet. They just aren’t returning for Infinity matchmaking. We have not heard about customs or anything else yet.

yes we do know that. no elites

The reason why they have Red and Blue teams is obvious. It’s because the teams have to alternate and it allows for players to see how many points THEIR TEAM acquired during the attacking phases.

Either our own custom colours OR unique team colours like in the Halo Reach beta - Green vs. Purple.

> The reason why they have Red and Blue teams is obvious. It’s because the teams have to alternate and it allows for players to see how many points THEIR TEAM acquired during the attacking phases.

Forced coloration of our armor isn’t necessary though.

Yeah, if there’s a Spartan VS other race gametype, there should be custom colours.

I think it’s because multiplayer defines teams by colors. For example, in Reach invasion, rather than calling the teams Spartans and Elites, it was Red and Blue, and they kept the colors for each round, regardless of species.

> > We don’t know that yet. They just aren’t returning for Infinity matchmaking. We have not heard about customs or anything else yet.
>
> Don’t you talk back to me, boy!

Jeez this made me laugh a lot harder than it should have.

And invasion wise, I’m fine with red Spartans fighting blue Spartans. I only hope the send the occasional freelancers to test the simulation troopers.

> > The reason why they have Red and Blue teams is obvious. It’s because the teams have to alternate and it allows for players to see how many points THEIR TEAM acquired during the attacking phases.
>
> Forced coloration of our armor isn’t necessary though.

So you’re saying "I may be a yellow and pink spartan, but I’m part of the blue team! Forced team colors make sense.

I think that you should still have team colors, but maybe different colors. And for the thing that will “scratch the itch” do you think maybe it will be like Gears of War 3’s beast mode?(I believe that is what its called)

Perhaps a gametype where we mix and match other gametypes?

1. Team colors should stay.

2. I don’t know how 343i is going to implement invasion, maybe they will bring elites in for that only. It might also just be spartans vs. spartans but use invasion rules.

> 1. Team colors should stay.
>
> 2. I don’t know how 343i is going to implement invasion, maybe they will bring elites in for that only. It might also just be spartans vs. spartans but use invasion rules.

1. Agreed. While customization is great, it always helps to have a team color to identify with, even if the other team uses different character models.

2. I would still love Spartans vs. Spartans, I would just hope one side gets UNSC weapons and the other Alien weapons.

> > 1. Team colors should stay.
> >
> > 2. I don’t know how 343i is going to implement invasion, maybe they will bring elites in for that only. It might also just be spartans vs. spartans but use invasion rules.
>
> 1. Agreed. While customization is great, it always helps to have a team color to identify with, even if the other team uses different character models.
>
> 2. I would still love Spartans vs. Spartans, I would just hope one side gets <mark>UNSC weapons and the other Alien weapons.</mark>

That would be a good idea with Spartans vs. Spartans.