IF they ever did decide to remake Halo 2...

I doubt it’d ever happen but a lot of people seem to cling to this Halo the most, myself included. They should definitely include the original ending that Bungie had to cut…I think that’d be interesting.

If they don’t make a remake of Halo 2 can they at least put it on Games on Demand? Seriously, every Halo is on the marketplace, even Halo 3 and Reach. Although who owns the rights to Halo 2 now, Bungie or 343? I just want to know who I should ask.

They don’t even need to re-make it, putting the online back would be just fine.

> They don’t even need to re-make it, putting the online back would be just fine.

Or they can make another Map Pack for anniversary including all halo 1 maps, and then make another map pack with all halo 2 maps and so on.

> They don’t even need to re-make it, putting the online back would be just fine.

Not possible, Bungie didn’t shut down Halo 2 online, Microsoft shut down all of Xbox Live for the original Xbox. The only way they could bring Halo 2 back online was to remake it for the 360.

> > They don’t even need to re-make it, putting the online back would be just fine.
>
> Not possible, Bungie didn’t shut down Halo 2 online, Microsoft shut down all of Xbox Live for the original Xbox. The only way they could bring Halo 2 back online was to remake it for the 360.

Or partly reactivating the old Xbox Live. By partly I mean activating a server or two to allow players to connect to eachother. If someone here is familiar with the concept of XBConnect or Xlink Kai, both allow system link gameplay over internet. Microsoft could make a similar program for Xbox and maybe even charge a few Microsoft points for it, this would allow players to easily play games over Xbox Live that don’t have Xbox live anymore or never had, but have system link.

This clearly has some level of marketing potential, who wouldn’t want to play old games online that aren’t supported anymore? I also don’t believe it to cost too much to not be profitable.

> > > They don’t even need to re-make it, putting the online back would be just fine.
> >
> > Not possible, Bungie didn’t shut down Halo 2 online, Microsoft shut down all of Xbox Live for the original Xbox. The only way they could bring Halo 2 back online was to remake it for the 360.
>
> Or partly reactivating the old Xbox Live. By partly I mean activating a server or two to allow players to connect to eachother. If someone here is familiar with the concept of XBConnect or Xlink Kai, both allow system link gameplay over internet. Microsoft could make a similar program for Xbox and maybe even charge a few Microsoft points for it, this would allow players to easily play games over Xbox Live that don’t have Xbox live anymore or never had, but have system link.
>
> This clearly has some level of marketing potential, who wouldn’t want to play old games online that aren’t supported anymore? I also don’t believe it to cost too much to not be profitable.

That’s not going to happen. Microsoft have made it clear that they are completely focused on the future. Bringing back original XBOX Live just for a limited audience is not worth the resources that would be needed to get it going.

I really hope Halo 2 gets a remake in 2014 (or sooner) and then maybe Halo 4 could get a handful of Halo 2 maps then too.

> I wouldn’t want them to change Halo 2’s ending, because it would make Halo 3 irrelevant, and I loved Halo 3; not that it is likely to be remade at all anyway.

Not true, their original ending included a segment where the chief fights in the Dreadnaught, like in the comic: Uprising. That won’t affect anything.

Yeh that would be good