If they came to hear me beg...

I’ve been trying this all day… Done everything correctly and tried most suggestions. Still won’t give it to me.
Any explanation?

I’ve been having trouble getting some campaign related achievments as well.
What difficulty are you playing on?

I’ve been playing on Normal to get the achievements, and I’ve gotten all of them except for this one.

If you’re attempting it on the Pillar of Autumn, make sure you let go of the spring button well before the assassination. Other then that, I’ve got nothing. I’ve been hearing rumors that it might be glitched for some people.

Too easy bro-- 10th Mission on Legendary. Run and jump off the cliff in the beginning to fall onto the elite below.

> Too easy bro-- 10th Mission on Legendary. Run and jump off the cliff in the beginning to fall onto the elite below.

Yeah but if you’re like some of the people out there, you do that and it doesn’t trigger the achievement. I’ve been trying for 2-3 days now. It’s really starting to piss me off.

> If you’re attempting it on the Pillar of Autumn, make sure you let go of the spring button well before the assassination. Other then that, I’ve got nothing. I’ve been hearing rumors that it might be glitched for some people.

I’m doing that, but it still isn’t triggering. I think it is glitched and they need to fix it because as of now I have 45/49 achievements and this is the one I probably won’t end up getting

Here’s a video guide that Roosterteeth did. I still can’t get it.
Link

From the Halo: Reach Support FAQ (Credits, Challenges, Commendations, Achievements):

If They Came to Hear Me Beg
If your lunge is too forward, it will slow your fall and this achievement will not be triggered as you are no longer traveling at a terminal velocity. Try lunging straight down on the target elite’s head as you are falling so you don’t lose terminal velocity. This usually takes multiple attempts and can be tough to trigger. Don’t give up!

Hope that helps!

This achievement is actually a complete joke, I have perfectly executed the jump, stop sprint and assassination 27 times and i STILL dont have the achievement!!! I even tried stopping sprinting after barely leaving the cliff but it still refuses to give me the achievement!?

It cant be that im sprinting
It cant be that im not falling enough
It cant be that im not assassinating the elite

It must be an issue with the game itself, this needs to be fixed as its clearly effecting alot of people

The one thing I did notice (although it shouldnt matter!) is that on my game the elite is always Blue and anytime iv seen the achievement on youtube its been a Red elite, it doesnt seem to change colour with difficulty, easy>Legendary its still blue?

Make sure you stop sprinting high enough in the air, the longer you sprint the less damage the fall does to you. Make sure it’s the animated assassination, not just a beat down, and yes… from that height a beat down will kill an elite in one hit. Keep at it, eventually you’ll get it right.

Also, shouldn’t this go in Campaign?

In total this achievement took me about 2 hours to do. It is difficult, just follow what people say. Stop sprinting before the assasination and also make sure you aim the retical at the elite’s back… other than that all i can say is keep at it eventially you’ll get it.

When doing this achievement make sure you are landing on the ground behind the Elite before you trigger the assassination and not landing on him. Landing on top of him stops you from falling far enough for it to kill you.

Really? I have been trying to land on top of him. This achievement will be the death of me. >_<

> Really? I have been trying to land on top of him. This achievement will be the death of me. >_<

I kept getting the assassination animation after impacting with the Elite, this is the only thing I can think of that is stopping it from counting. As a normal jump from the cliff to the ground isn’t always fatal I can only assume you have tosprint to leap high and have the assassination animation prevent you from hitting the ground.

> > Really? I have been trying to land on top of him. This achievement will be the death of me. >_<
>
> I kept getting the assassination animation after impacting with the Elite, this is the only thing I can think of that is stopping it from counting. As a normal jump from the cliff to the ground isn’t always fatal I can only assume you have tosprint to leap high and have the assassination animation prevent you from hitting the ground.

Jim that is true in some cases but i specifically went back and looked at my assassination and i landed square on the elite’s back. So it does infact not matter, the way you land just varies which animation will show.

> Jim that is true in some cases but i specifically went back and looked at my assassination and i landed square on the elite’s back. So it does infact not matter, the way you land just varies which animation will show.

I finally got this yesterday, I was trying to land on the Elite’s back, but when I tried to land just behind him and assassinate him, the achievement unlocked right away. 46 down, 3 more to go! I can put a vid up in my fileshare if you would like. Just let me know!

I did it on legendary solo on the start of the last level and it only took me two tries to get the achievement. I think on Legendary the enemy is more firm and solo because lag doesn’t play a negative role.

> > Jim that is true in some cases but i specifically went back and looked at my assassination and i landed square on the elite’s back. So it does infact not matter, the way you land just varies which animation will show.
>
> I finally got this yesterday, I was trying to land on the Elite’s back, but when I tried to land just behind him and assassinate him, the achievement unlocked right away. 46 down, 3 more to go! I can put a vid up in my fileshare if you would like. Just let me know!

I have done it every way you can and still not gotten it…

> I have done it every way you can and still not gotten it…

Trust me, I spent 4+ hours in total trying for it. It is by far the most difficult achievement I have ever tried getting (SW:TFU on Sith Master is still the hardest). Keep at it, but to preserve your sanity, only try in 15 minute increments, then move onto something else. It helped me from getting too frustrated and I still got to have fun and play.

I did mine on Legendary, no skulls and scoring turned off, if that helps.