If They Came To Hear Me Beg... glitched???

Hey guys, I’m posting this to try and get some tips or hints on how to get this cheevo. I’ve died countless deaths, and performed countless assassinations on the elite at the beginning of Pillar of Autumn, and this cheevo will not unlock for me. I’ve tried full sprint and cancelling sprint off the cliff… I’ve had at least 2 different assassination animations on the elite… I’ve tried switching guns… I’ve watched videos, and just about everything else. It leaves me wondering if this cheevo is glitched for me. What do you guys think? Any advice is appreciated.

I’ve had the same problem. I did it so many times (reloading the checkpoint after each attempt) that my girlfriend came storming in the room demanding to know why the same opening audio was playing over and over again driving her insane. I even had her try it on her profile. Nothing seems to work. I tried it on Normal through Legendary, skulls on & off, scoring on & off … but nothing works.

Don’t waste your time on this achievment, it is literally the most time consuming and frustrating (and near impossible) achievment to get.
I tried a few times, but after hearing how damn difficult it is to get I just stopped doing it to save my sanity.

It’s really hard. As you said, you have to cancel your sprint as soon as you jump otherwise the free fall isn’t long enough. Then you have to press your melee button before you hit the Elite, because if you hit the Elite and then assassinate him then it doesn’t count. Hope that helps!

I suicided on Pillar of Autumn a couple of hundred times to no avail. Then I came across a suggestion online to try it at the beginning of Nightfall on Legendary. Melee the Elite at the beginning and look down. There should be another Elite below him. Wait for him to get into position and try the air assassination. It worked for me. Hopefully it’ll work for you too. Good luck!

there’s our destination Six… Pillar of Autumn… race ya to her…

Like iTrentz said, I’ve heard this works on Nightfall as well. I got mine on PoA and it was the biggest PITA ever. Hours wasted jumping off the cliff and the one time I FINALLY landed on the Elite and was assassinating him? My buddy landed on my head and knocked me out of the assassination and just pushed me off the Elite. Had to start over again. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmmm… I had to get this achievements for two different (maybe three) profiles, and each one only took less than half and hour. I went on Pillar of Autumn and sprinted off the side of the cliff at the beginning, and then stopped sprinting almost immediately after I made the jump. This allowed me to jump higher and farther, but still die easy (I guess sprint makes it less likely to die from a fall?). I think it works more often if you are facing forwards once you assassinate, not towards the ground, as if you were running towards the elite on the ground; look towards the horizon. It’s a little more of luck if you’re in the right spot, but that’s how I got the achievement two or three times.

I’ve heard that you can also get it on The Package if you find an Elite that happens to be standing really still, then you can jetpack as high as you can go, and then fall down. The assassination part is the same, but if you get a good checkpoint then it’s easier to fall in the right spot.

Well guys, I tried for a few hours again last night… pulled off the assassination on Pillar of Autumn, Nightfall, and even off the spire on Tip of the Spear… still no cheevo. Giving up for a while to work on some other stuff, might try The Package later. 343 should just give me the cheevo for all my pain and suffering, lol.

> Well guys, I tried for a few hours again last night… pulled off the assassination on Pillar of Autumn, Nightfall, and even off the spire on Tip of the Spear… still no cheevo. Giving up for a while to work on some other stuff, might try The Package later. 343 should just give me the cheevo for all my pain and suffering, lol.

This made me think of, “CAN I HAZ RECONZ?!”

I think it took about 3 hours / 75 attempts at jumping off the cliff on POA, but I finally did it. It is a royal PITA, but one you get it you’ll never have to do it again haha (we hope :S).

I dont know if this helps but i have got this one 3 times on different accounts and each time i have got it the Elite has been standing near the back of the Spade. Any closer and i dont think the fall would of killed you so you dont get the achievement coming up.

I just keep resetting the CP until i get one with the elite in the correct position.( about 15 feet behind the spade)

> I think it took about 3 hours / 75 attempts at jumping off the cliff on POA, but I finally did it. It is a royal PITA, but one you get it you’ll never have to do it again haha (we hope :S).

Shhhhhh, don’t give 343 any achievement ideas! =D

I got it years ago, and I remember having to try several times, but I don’t think I spent more than an hour on it.

I’ll have to give this another go. Spent thirty minutes raining Spartan bodies off of cliffs in order to snag an assassination before giving up. I believe it’s the only vanilla Reach achievement left for me to obtain, which always sort of bothered me.

I KNOW THE REAL PROBLEM! With me, I got about 20,700,965 assassinations of the Elite, until I tried it on Heroic. First try, and I got the achievement.

> Hey guys, I’m posting this to try and get some tips or hints on how to get this cheevo. I’ve died countless deaths, and performed countless assassinations on the elite at the beginning of Pillar of Autumn, and this cheevo will not unlock for me. I’ve tried full sprint and cancelling sprint off the cliff… I’ve had at least 2 different assassination animations on the elite… I’ve tried switching guns… I’ve watched videos, and just about everything else. It leaves me wondering if this cheevo is glitched for me. What do you guys think? Any advice is appreciated.

Set your controller to “boxer”. That way, you can steer all the way to the landing/assassination without taking your thumb off the right stick. There’s someone on your friends list who is really good at this achievement… :wink:

I’ve tried to get this on heroic and legendary, I’ve landed countless assassinations, still no cheevo! I’d try this standing on my head if I thought it would work, lol. Thanks LateMinotaur051, I will be messaging this person soon.

PoA opening is how I did it. It took about 25 mins to pull off, but once I got the timing down, I could do it about 50% of the time.

Some very weird things happened though while attempting the achievement: like the melee animation saving me from the fall without even being near the elite; I litterally slid on my knees and came up right behind him.

I know it’s frustrating, but keep at it. It is very satisfying when you do pull it off, and it’s a vid clip that’s a must keep.

May the Force be with you.