If there is another Halo 4 tournament...ever

Please, make it skill-based, not how much you sit on your -Yoink- all day and play. I wondered why the Tournament playlist can’t even go past 20k. Winning a tournament is not worth your Xbox overheating. Next time let MLG make the tournaments please like MLG Dallas so it can actually be competitive?

maybe you will get your style tourney in h5?

MLG dallas was actually an exhibition match, although it had a prize and was technically a tournament it was FAR from competitive.

This was never supposed to be a proper tournament. This was supposed to be something the whole community can participate in regardless of skill level and have fun with. Don’t be a yoink!

I love how the OP hasn’t actually played Halo 4 yet.

I’m IN the tournament and I don’t necessarily agree with the way the leaders score.
I play 5 to six hours a night and I can’t see how the leaders have scores so high unless they took vacation and are playing 24/7. Or they have friends helping them by playing when they can’t.

Seriously, how does the Spartan Ops leader have 500 games played and it’s not even been a week since start? I average 6 or 7 games an hour and that’s using the shortest chapter, around 8 minutes a pop.

So if you figure 7, maybe 8(high), games an hour in a 24 hour period that’s 192 games, if you played NON-STOP. It would take two and a half days of non-stop playing to get that score, no sleep… He’s got people helping him. No way that anyone can play 60 hours straight without a bio-break or to stop for food.

And if we cut said time in half to playing 12 hours a day it would take him much longer to get that high of a score.

Same goes with the War Games leader. His score last night was over 110k.
I played non-stop for about six hours the other night and only had a score of 5k.
These people have help. And it’s hurting those like me who have a job to go to.

Edit: As of now;
War Games leader - 156k
Spartan Ops leader - 539

@ Revere677

some people have teams of people playing the game in shifts at all hours of the day and night.

> @ Revere677
>
>
>
> some people have teams of people playing the game in shifts at all hours of the day and night.

In other words, they’re cheating. It has nothing to do with the best player, just how much you can play.
And I don’t have to be playing, just get one or more people to play for me while I’m out.
Well enough of my ranting, time to go play more Spartan Ops so I can get my Halo 4 dogtag. I’m tier 1 and I’ve played 39 games. Sucks cuz the tier 3 leader is gonna get a better prize than me and he’s only played 6 games.

What a crock of horse-pucky.

> I love how the OP hasn’t actually played Halo 4 yet.

I do find that funny because this isn’t the account I play on…did you seriously need to look at my service record? People do have alternate accounts on here, you must be new.

If that’s the case, and it seems it is, all they have to do is check the top people’s gamertags against consoles that it’s being played on and DQ those who are doing it… simple fix. I’ve played a good couple hours each night, missed out on the last couple of night because I was just too tired… and I’m barely hangin’ in there in tier 2, lol.

> > @ Revere677
> >
> >
> >
> > some people have teams of people playing the game in shifts at all hours of the day and night.
>
> In other words, they’re cheating. It has nothing to do with the best player, just how much you can play.
> And I don’t have to be playing, just get one or more people to play for me while I’m out.
> Well enough of my ranting, time to go play more Spartan Ops so I can get my Halo 4 dogtag. I’m tier 1 and I’ve played 39 games. Sucks cuz the tier 3 leader is gonna get a better prize than me and he’s only played 6 games.
>
> What a crock of horse-pucky.

Exactly my point. No Tournament I’ve heard of bases it on How much you play not but good you are.

> This was never supposed to be a proper tournament. This was supposed to be something the whole community can participate in regardless of skill level and have fun with. Don’t be a yoink!

That’s not the point. People can have other people play for them while they sleep or work aka have their GT on another console. Thus cheating the system. It’s what happens when there is a tournament regardless of how real it is online.

Yep the score that the have on the first day is slightly less then i have now. But people 6,7 hours a day and still have trouble to come by. I play about 4 hours a day and i am far from the number 1 in the rankings, but i am also far from the last place in tier 1.

> > This was never supposed to be a proper tournament. This was supposed to be something the whole community can participate in regardless of skill level and have fun with. Don’t be a yoink!
>
> That’s not the point. People can have other people play for them while they sleep or work aka have their GT on another console. Thus cheating the system. It’s what happens when there is a tournament regardless of how real it is online.

meh its fine imo.

its for everyone. not just the competitive type

maybe h5 will have more of a winning focus.

> > This was never supposed to be a proper tournament. This was supposed to be something the whole community can participate in regardless of skill level and have fun with. Don’t be a yoink!
>
> That’s not the point. People can have other people play for them while they sleep or work aka have their GT on another console. Thus cheating the system. It’s what happens when there is a tournament regardless of how real it is online.

I’m not thrilled about it either but this was a nice thing that was done for the community and was something we all could participate in, you should appreciate it for that. I don’t remember Bungie ever doing something like this.

> > > This was never supposed to be a proper tournament. This was supposed to be something the whole community can participate in regardless of skill level and have fun with. Don’t be a yoink!
> >
> > That’s not the point. People can have other people play for them while they sleep or work aka have their GT on another console. Thus cheating the system. It’s what happens when there is a tournament regardless of how real it is online.
>
> I’m not thrilled about it either but this was a nice thing that was done for the community and was something we all could participate in, you should appreciate it for that. I don’t remember Bungie ever doing something like this.

I do appreciate it. It just should have been set up more correctly to prevent cheating. What if someone wins yet they don’t did half or barely any work while their friend did it all for them? That would upset people.

I just find it very funny how the person who stays inside the most wins a car

>Scoring is based off individual score.

->Team based playlist.

–>Seems legit.

This is only the qualifying portion of the contest, when the finals start, that is when we will be separating those that play a lot and those that play well.

> Please, make it skill-based, not how much you sit on your -Yoink!- all day and play. I wondered why the Tournament playlist can’t even go past 20k. Winning a tournament is not worth your Xbox overheating. Next time let MLG make the tournaments please like MLG Dallas so it can actually be competitive?

I refuse to compete in any match making tournament that uses MLG settings. They butcher the game.