If the remake map is Sandtrap or Valhalla...

…or any other Halo 3 map for that matter. I would think 343 would want to release information on it today considering it’s Halo 3’s 5 year Anniversary. I’m not trying to say I want either map. I really really don’t at all. I actually hate most of the Halo 3 maps including Sandtrap. I’m just saying that it’s possible.

> …or any other Halo 3 map for that matter. I would think 343 would want to release information on it today considering it’s Halo 3’s 5 year Anniversary. I’m not trying to say I want either map. I really really don’t at all. I’m just saying that it’s possible.

I was actually thinking about that, and maybe in tomorrow bulletin they will reference it.

“Yesterday was Halo 3’s 5th anniversary, and to pay our respects to what great work bungie did, we’ve remade one of the most classic Halo 3 maps in Halo 4!”

Screenshot

I was going to reply with “If it’s a remake of a Halo 2 map, they should announce it on the anniversary of that” - but that would be three days after the release of Halo 4. lolz

Anyway, I’d like to see Valhalla again, though it’s not on the top of my list. Wasn’t a huge fan of Sandtrap though, felt the Splaser was too dominant. Elephants were pretty cool though.

> > …or any other Halo 3 map for that matter. I would think 343 would want to release information on it today considering it’s Halo 3’s 5 year Anniversary. I’m not trying to say I want either map. I really really don’t at all. I’m just saying that it’s possible.
>
> I was actually thinking about that, and maybe in tomorrow bulletin they will reference it.
>
> “Yesterday was Halo 3’s 5th anniversary, and to pay our respects to what great work bungie did, we’ve remade one of the most classic Halo 3 maps in Halo 4!”
>
> Screenshot

Lol, that’d be my dream come true! I love every single Halo 3 map, they were by far the best. I’d do anything for a remake, just because I’d love to Forge on Sandbox, which would add so much replay value to custom games. And because of the epic matchmaking matches on Valhalla. Any Halo 3 map would just be awesome!

> > > …or any other Halo 3 map for that matter. I would think 343 would want to release information on it today considering it’s Halo 3’s 5 year Anniversary. I’m not trying to say I want either map. I really really don’t at all. I’m just saying that it’s possible.
> >
> > I was actually thinking about that, and maybe in tomorrow bulletin they will reference it.
> >
> > “Yesterday was Halo 3’s 5th anniversary, and to pay our respects to what great work bungie did, we’ve remade one of the most classic Halo 3 maps in Halo 4!”
> >
> > Screenshot
>
> Lol, that’d be my dream come true! I love every single Halo 3 map, they were by far the best. I’d do anything for a remake, just because I’d love to Forge on Sandbox, which would add so much replay value to custom games. And because of the epic matchmaking matches on Valhalla. Any Halo 3 map would just be awesome!

You’re telling me you actually like Isolation, Snowbound, Longshore, Orbital, and Epitaph. Those are honestly worse than some Reach maps. I know it’s just your opinion but… shudders Epitaph…

> > > > …or any other Halo 3 map for that matter. I would think 343 would want to release information on it today considering it’s Halo 3’s 5 year Anniversary. I’m not trying to say I want either map. I really really don’t at all. I’m just saying that it’s possible.
> > >
> > > I was actually thinking about that, and maybe in tomorrow bulletin they will reference it.
> > >
> > > “Yesterday was Halo 3’s 5th anniversary, and to pay our respects to what great work bungie did, we’ve remade one of the most classic Halo 3 maps in Halo 4!”
> > >
> > > Screenshot
> >
> > Lol, that’d be my dream come true! I love every single Halo 3 map, they were by far the best. I’d do anything for a remake, just because I’d love to Forge on Sandbox, which would add so much replay value to custom games. And because of the epic matchmaking matches on Valhalla. Any Halo 3 map would just be awesome!
>
> You’re telling me you actually like Isolation, Snowbound, Longshore, Orbital, and Epitaph. Those are honestly worse than some Reach maps. I know it’s just your opinion but… shudders Epitaph…

Snowbound was fun for customs, Etipath wasn’t bad, longshore sucks, orbital was ok.

All of Halo 3’s maps are awesome (save Epitaph) you blasphemer.

hey hey hey…i love orbital :’(

Snowbound was ok in my opinion, Orbital was pretty bland, and longshore I didn’t get to play enough to really have an opinion.

But Isolation and Epitaph…dear God…just awful.

Everyone has their opinion, but I still think if you started with Halo 1, and have played through them all in their hayday…Halo 2’s would bbe most people’s favorites. Then Halo 1 and 3 are close, with the edge to Halo 1. Reach is by far the worst.

IMO any halo 2 map would certainly be the best. Even though midship, lockout, ivory tower, acsension, beaver creek, headlong etc… were remade. excluding lockout and midship everything else was in garbage reach so it doesnt count to me, hate that game. any halo 2 map would top any reach or halo 3 map (besides elongation). Terminal, burial mounds, turf, relic were amazing

> hey hey hey…i love orbital :’(

And since you also played Halo 2 online you’re allowed to make decisions on Halo 3 maps. :wink:

I just hate when people have such strong biases for Halo 3 because they never played Halo 2 online. People can’t really claim that Halo 3 maps are the best when they haven’t tried Halo CE or Halo 2 maps with full teams. I think a few Halo 3 maps are good but to say they are all really great is hilarious. And IMO compared to the first 2 trilogy game Halo 3 had some all around poor maps(all the whole community all agreed back then). I could probably even find people trash talking on Bungies Halo 3 forums about how bad the maps were. Talks from like early 2008-2009. I honestly never heard “Wow, these maps are pretty decent” not once until Reach was released. I always heard negativity about the maps. Even in Halo 2 where their was no vote. You would have heard grumbles when forced to play Backwash but that was about it.

To be honest I would like to see a Terminal, Containment, or Relic remake but I’d be fine if 343 didn’t have plans for any remakes. They always cause controversy because they almost never work. Zanzibar/Last Resort was the only one that I thought was ok.

I hope it’s a compact are that houses 2 or three large open map remakes such as Avalanche, Coagulation and/or valhalla.

I dislike H3 now but srsly H3 had great maps. I love Reach but it’s maps are rather sub-par over all.

> > hey hey hey…i love orbital :’(
>
> And since you also played Halo 2 online you’re allowed to make decisions on Halo 3 maps. :wink:
>
> I just hate when people have such strong biases for Halo 3 because they never played Halo 2 online. People can’t really claim that Halo 3 maps are the best when they haven’t tried Halo CE or Halo 2 maps with full teams. I think a few Halo 3 maps are good but to say they are all really great is hilarious. And IMO compared to the first 2 trilogy game Halo 3 had some all around poor maps(all the whole community all agreed back then). I could probably even find people trash talking on Bungies Halo 3 forums about how bad the maps were. Talks from like early 2008-2009. I honestly never heard “Wow, these maps are pretty decent” not once until Reach was released. I always heard negativity about the maps. Even in Halo 2 where their was no vote. You would have heard grumbles when forced to play Backwash but that was about it.
>
> To be honest I would like to see a Terminal, Containment, or Relic remake but I’d be fine if 343 didn’t have plans for any remakes. They always cause controversy because they almost never work. Zanzibar/Last Resort was the only one that I thought was ok.

well to be fair i didn’t get to play much of halo 2 on this account. Back when halo 2 was in its prime i played my dads account. i didn’t have my own xbox live account till halo 3. but i did play some halo 2 on this account.

> > hey hey hey…i love orbital :’(
>
> And since you also played Halo 2 online you’re allowed to make decisions on Halo 3 maps. :wink:
>
> I just hate when people have such strong biases for Halo 3 because they never played Halo 2 online. People can’t really claim that Halo 3 maps are the best when they haven’t tried Halo CE or Halo 2 maps with full teams. I think a few Halo 3 maps are good but to say they are all really great is hilarious. And IMO compared to the first 2 trilogy game Halo 3 had some all around poor maps(all the whole community all agreed back then). I could probably even find people trash talking on Bungies Halo 3 forums about how bad the maps were. Talks from like early 2008-2009. I honestly never heard “Wow, these maps are pretty decent” not once until Reach was released. I always heard negativity about the maps. Even in Halo 2 where their was no vote. You would have heard grumbles when forced to play Backwash but that was about it.
>
> To be honest I would like to see a Terminal, Containment, or Relic remake but I’d be fine if 343 didn’t have plans for any remakes. They always cause controversy because they almost never work. Zanzibar/Last Resort was the only one that I thought was ok.

People can’t really claim Halo 2 maps are better than Halo 3 because it’s all just opinion based and nobody is right or wrong.

> > > > …or any other Halo 3 map for that matter. I would think 343 would want to release information on it today considering it’s Halo 3’s 5 year Anniversary. I’m not trying to say I want either map. I really really don’t at all. I’m just saying that it’s possible.
> > >
> > > I was actually thinking about that, and maybe in tomorrow bulletin they will reference it.
> > >
> > > “Yesterday was Halo 3’s 5th anniversary, and to pay our respects to what great work bungie did, we’ve remade one of the most classic Halo 3 maps in Halo 4!”
> > >
> > > Screenshot
> >
> > Lol, that’d be my dream come true! I love every single Halo 3 map, they were by far the best. I’d do anything for a remake, just because I’d love to Forge on Sandbox, which would add so much replay value to custom games. And because of the epic matchmaking matches on Valhalla. Any Halo 3 map would just be awesome!
>
> You’re telling me you actually like Isolation, Snowbound, Longshore, Orbital, and Epitaph. Those are honestly worse than some Reach maps. I know it’s just your opinion but… shudders Epitaph…

I used to hate them, but now I just love every single thing about them along with every other map, I only learnt to appreciate these maps after Reach came out and Halo started to get unpopular. Maybe I’m just blinded by my Halo 3 fanboyism…?

> All of Halo 3’s maps are awesome (save Epitaph) you blasphemer.

Halo 2 maps > Halo 3 maps

> > > hey hey hey…i love orbital :’(
> >
> > And since you also played Halo 2 online you’re allowed to make decisions on Halo 3 maps. :wink:
> >
> > I just hate when people have such strong biases for Halo 3 because they never played Halo 2 online. People can’t really claim that Halo 3 maps are the best when they haven’t tried Halo CE or Halo 2 maps with full teams. I think a few Halo 3 maps are good but to say they are all really great is hilarious. And IMO compared to the first 2 trilogy game Halo 3 had some all around poor maps(all the whole community all agreed back then). I could probably even find people trash talking on Bungies Halo 3 forums about how bad the maps were. Talks from like early 2008-2009. I honestly never heard “Wow, these maps are pretty decent” not once until Reach was released. I always heard negativity about the maps. Even in Halo 2 where their was no vote. You would have heard grumbles when forced to play Backwash but that was about it.
> >
> > To be honest I would like to see a Terminal, Containment, or Relic remake but I’d be fine if 343 didn’t have plans for any remakes. They always cause controversy because they almost never work. Zanzibar/Last Resort was the only one that I thought was ok.
>
> People can’t really claim Halo 2 maps are better than Halo 3 because it’s all just opinion based and nobody is right or wrong.

I never said that it’s a fact that Halo 2 maps were better. I was stating a case that if someone hasn’t played all three trilogy games they really have no right to say that Halo 3 maps were the best. Their only other game to go off of is Reach… Basically I’m just annoyed by people that clamor for Halo 3 maps to be remade yet haven’t even tried Halo CE or Halo 2 maps. I’m not saying Halo 2 maps are the best… But I am saying that I’ve never heard someone that played all 3 trilogy games in their prime say Halo 3 had the best maps. As a matter of fact most would say they are the worst and some would say they are second to Halo 2. While their is no way I can prove what I just said I don’t really think I have to. It should be quite obvious among longtime Halo vets. Ask any player that has played Halo CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3 in their prime which has the best maps and which has the worst. You will find an alarming number will chose Halo 2 as the best and Halo 3 as the worst.

> > > > > …or any other Halo 3 map for that matter. I would think 343 would want to release information on it today considering it’s Halo 3’s 5 year Anniversary. I’m not trying to say I want either map. I really really don’t at all. I’m just saying that it’s possible.
> > > >
> > > > I was actually thinking about that, and maybe in tomorrow bulletin they will reference it.
> > > >
> > > > “Yesterday was Halo 3’s 5th anniversary, and to pay our respects to what great work bungie did, we’ve remade one of the most classic Halo 3 maps in Halo 4!”
> > > >
> > > > Screenshot
> > >
> > > Lol, that’d be my dream come true! I love every single Halo 3 map, they were by far the best. I’d do anything for a remake, just because I’d love to Forge on Sandbox, which would add so much replay value to custom games. And because of the epic matchmaking matches on Valhalla. Any Halo 3 map would just be awesome!
> >
> > You’re telling me you actually like Isolation, Snowbound, Longshore, Orbital, and Epitaph. Those are honestly worse than some Reach maps. I know it’s just your opinion but… shudders Epitaph…
>
> I used to hate them, but now I just love every single thing about them along with every other map, I only learnt to appreciate these maps after Reach came out and Halo started to get unpopular. Maybe I’m just blinded by my Halo 3 fanboyism…?

I think it’s just that Reach maps are so bad that they make all Halo 3 maps look golden. I’m a Halo 3 map hater but I’ve even started to appreciate some of the maps considering how horribly terrifying some of the Reach maps are.

> > All of Halo 3’s maps are awesome (save Epitaph) you blasphemer.
>
> Halo 2 maps > Halo 3 maps

Overall Halo 3 had better maps. Not to say Halo 2 didn’t have a bunch of great maps, that is.

> > > > > > …or any other Halo 3 map for that matter. I would think 343 would want to release information on it today considering it’s Halo 3’s 5 year Anniversary. I’m not trying to say I want either map. I really really don’t at all. I’m just saying that it’s possible.
> > > > >
> > > > > I was actually thinking about that, and maybe in tomorrow bulletin they will reference it.
> > > > >
> > > > > “Yesterday was Halo 3’s 5th anniversary, and to pay our respects to what great work bungie did, we’ve remade one of the most classic Halo 3 maps in Halo 4!”
> > > > >
> > > > > Screenshot
> > > >
> > > > Lol, that’d be my dream come true! I love every single Halo 3 map, they were by far the best. I’d do anything for a remake, just because I’d love to Forge on Sandbox, which would add so much replay value to custom games. And because of the epic matchmaking matches on Valhalla. Any Halo 3 map would just be awesome!
> > >
> > > You’re telling me you actually like Isolation, Snowbound, Longshore, Orbital, and Epitaph. Those are honestly worse than some Reach maps. I know it’s just your opinion but… shudders Epitaph…
> >
> > I used to hate them, but now I just love every single thing about them along with every other map, I only learnt to appreciate these maps after Reach came out and Halo started to get unpopular. Maybe I’m just blinded by my Halo 3 fanboyism…?
>
> I think it’s just that Reach maps are so bad that they make all Halo 3 maps look golden. I’m a Halo 3 map hater but I’ve even started to appreciate some of the maps considering how horribly terrifying some of the Reach maps are.

Well, I still prefer Halo 3’s maps over Halo CE’s and Halo 2’s. But yeah, the horribleness of Reach’s maps contributed to me loving Halo 3’s maps so much. Although, I always did like them, not I LOVE them! Lol.