If the Flood returns...

So if the flood returns what kind of look do you want them to be Halo 1 and Halo2’s and Halo3’s design ? or somthing really new ?

I think Halo2 had the best design for them when they learned how to use armor and fix veichels on Delta Halo.

[deleted]

CEA flood don’t look too bad. Halo 2 had some pretty good appearances as well. Basically, the first 2 adaptations are preferable for me.

> I’m stealing an idea I saw on another forum: Make the Flood infect the local fauna of the landscape, much like the books, which would create a huge variety of interesting AI. They are also intelligent beings, so creating biological vehicles and weapons, would be appreciated. I’m not sure how they’ll approach graveminds now (or keyminds) considering what we know.

Or maybe something like the black goo from prometheus ?

[deleted]

> > Or maybe something like the black goo from prometheus ?
>
> I can’t say that fighting goo would interest me much.

I going to have to agree with you there. Fighting black goo that absorbs your shots would get boring… quickly.

> > > Or maybe something like the black goo from prometheus ?
> >
> > I can’t say that fighting goo would interest me much.
>
> I going to have to agree with you there. Fighting black goo that absorbs your shots would get boring… quickly.

It would be like this:
“COME ON MELEE!”
“Oh wait look at this fire bomb”
-splat-

> > Or maybe something like the black goo from prometheus ?
>
> I can’t say that fighting goo would interest me much.

I was maybe thinking if the flood can form life with something like that.

[deleted]

> > I was maybe thinking if the flood can form life with something like that.
>
> They are parasites, so goo isn’t something they’d use.

If it’s used to engulf victims and digest them into raw biomass, then it would seem practical. However, it’d be rather difficult to fight…

I’d want to run from it.

It would be cool to see something like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmAR4CMu3zg

> CEA flood don’t look too bad. Halo 2 had some pretty good appearances as well. Basically, the first 2 adaptations are preferable for me.

I liked 3’s looks but they were too easy of course.

> > CEA flood don’t look too bad. Halo 2 had some pretty good appearances as well. Basically, the first 2 adaptations are preferable for me.
>
> I liked 3’s looks but they were too easy of course.

All you really had to do in Halo 3 was just melee your way through them. I felt like I was fighting marshmallows rather than Flood.

The Mona Lisa

The Primordial

That is all.

> It would be cool to see something like this
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmAR4CMu3zg

Definitely. Halo 5 needs more Flood Juggernauts, lots more Juggernaut. While we’re at it, let’s make the Juggernaut in the Gametype turn into an actual Flood Juggernaut.

> > It would be cool to see something like this
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmAR4CMu3zg
>
> Definitely. Halo 5 needs more Flood Juggernauts, lots more Juggernaut. While we’re at it, let’s make the Juggernaut in the Gametype turn into an actual Flood Juggernaut.

I tried to fight them man they were op x)

Actually I don’t want the flood to return. Originally the forerunners destroyed them, but they survived. Then in Halo 3, Master Chief destroyed the remaining flood. Seriously after being “completely” wiped out twice, the flood returning would make Halo feel really repetitive and it would make the franchise seem like it ran out of ideas.

> Actually I don’t want the flood to return. Originally the forerunners destroyed them, but they survived. Then in Halo 3, Master Chief destroyed the remaining flood. Seriously after being “completely” wiped out twice, the flood returning would make Halo feel really repetitive and it would make the franchise seem like it ran out of ideas.

Given how the Flood originated from outside the galaxy and the Halos only cleanse life in the galaxy…how can they be completely wiped out? As for them running out of ideas, I’d be more inclined to believe you there if the Flood only remained as the mindless space zombies Bungie had them be.

The way 343 Industries has handled them, they are not. With them becoming Lovecraftian nightmares in the Forerunner Saga, I can’t wait to see that visualized in future Halo games.

Unless you prefer us to fight the Covenant…again.

> > Actually I don’t want the flood to return. Originally the forerunners destroyed them, but they survived. Then in Halo 3, Master Chief destroyed the remaining flood. Seriously after being “completely” wiped out twice, the flood returning would make Halo feel really repetitive and it would make the franchise seem like it ran out of ideas.
>
> Given how the Flood originated from outside the galaxy and the Halos only cleanse life in the galaxy…how can they be completely wiped out? As for them running out of ideas, I’d be more inclined to believe you there if the Flood only remained as the mindless space zombies Bungie had them be.
>
> The way 343 Industries has handled them, they are not. With them becoming Lovecraftian nightmares in the Forerunner Saga, I can’t wait to see that visualized in future Halo games.
>
> Unless you prefer us to fight the Covenant…again.

If so the covenant is as repetive as the flood is.

> > > Actually I don’t want the flood to return. Originally the forerunners destroyed them, but they survived. Then in Halo 3, Master Chief destroyed the remaining flood. Seriously after being “completely” wiped out twice, the flood returning would make Halo feel really repetitive and it would make the franchise seem like it ran out of ideas.
> >
> > Given how the Flood originated from outside the galaxy and the Halos only cleanse life in the galaxy…how can they be completely wiped out? As for them running out of ideas, I’d be more inclined to believe you there if the Flood only remained as the mindless space zombies Bungie had them be.
> >
> > The way 343 Industries has handled them, they are not. With them becoming Lovecraftian nightmares in the Forerunner Saga, I can’t wait to see that visualized in future Halo games.
> >
> > Unless you prefer us to fight the Covenant…again.
>
> If so the covennant is as repetive as the flood is.

Given how little the Covenant have changed, I’d agree.