If The Flood Return...

If the flood return, PLEASE don’t spoil it in any trailers or gameplay footage, 343i.

The Prometheans were shown way too many times before Halo 4 came out and it kind of ruined the experience for me, and I’m sure for a few others.

Anyway, if they do return, keep it remained as a secret so we may get that same experience we got when we first saw them in Halo CE.

Agree?

Disagree?

Discuss.

I fully agree. I don’t think we should have been told about the Prometheans at all. Rather, we should have gotten a new “Didact” line with each trailer, and viDoc, such as:

“Time was your ally, human, but now it has abandoned you.”

or

“You will relent, human, or you will perish. All in life is choice. And your day to choose has come.”

Just things the Didact would say directly to Master Chief, as a subtle hint of who his character is, but no real indication to spoil to surprise of a Forerunner and Prometheans.

This is exactly what I was thinking! If the Prometheans were kept as a surprise, maybe the game wouldn’t have gotten so much hate. Everyone would be surprised and very excited about the new enemies.

100% agreed.

Yes, it was the initial shock of the Flood’s introduction in Halo: CE which made them so very scary to us. Maybe some subtle hints can be dropped but I don’t want to see the Flood in gameplay trailers. Part of that is what ruined the Prometheans in Halo 4. Don’t ruin that for us in Halo 5, 343i.

I agree. 343 spoiled WAY too much with Halo 4.

I still haven’t forgiven O’Connor for outright telling us the Didact was the main antagonist. I know it was heavily hinted, but still, would’ve been a nice surprise.

I want the flood to be found in a lab or be on a abandon covenant ship or something during the old covenant war. would be intressting. And yeah less spoilers this time.

I would love to not see any spoilers but in this day and age with internet and marketing, I doubt that this will be possible.

Agreed, 343i spoiling most of the big enemy’s such as the Prometheans, and the Didact.

Ruined most of the campaign because it took the awe out of the campaign when you saw a new enemy that you shouldn’t have even known about until you played the game.

Agreed, I want to be surprised. Knowing what your fighting kind take the suspense out of it. Even if its not the flood, dont tell us.I dont want to go dark, from everything just to keep from knowing.

> I agree. 343 spoiled WAY too much with Halo 4.
>
> I still haven’t forgiven O’Connor for outright telling us the Didact was the main antagonist. I know it was heavily hinted, but still, would’ve been a nice surprise.

Haha i know how you feel

I wonder how drastically the Flood forms from Halo 3 will change with Halo 4’s graphics.

Also imagine this big guy with Halo 4’s graphics. Big Guy

> I fully agree. I don’t think we should have been told about the Prometheans at all. Rather, we should have gotten a new “Didact” line with each trailer, and viDoc, such as:
>
> “Time was your ally, human, but now it has abandoned you.”
>
> or
>
> “You will relent, human, or you will perish. All in life is choice. And your day to choose has come.”
>
> Just things the Didact would say directly to Master Chief, as a subtle hint of who his character is, but no real indication to spoil to surprise of a Forerunner and Prometheans.

This actually would have been pretty cool and IMO would have provided more hype.

there’s still flood on delta halo.

> there’s still flood on delta halo.

| Actually Installation 05 was glassed by the Covenant Separatists after the Great Schism.
However, that’s not to say there aren’t any Flood spores contained there or on the other installations. Though I’m sure the UNSC is now being extremely careful when comes to anything dealing with the Flood.

OT: I’d honestly love to see the Flood return in some capacity, and if they do I’d want it kept secret.
The twist we got by introducing them in CE was what gave it that fear/unknown factor.
Not to mention it, like the Forerunners, could open up a brand new sandbox for the Halo universe.
Here’s to hoping that the Reclaimer series will be as dark as 343i claimed it will be. |

This is actually true. I remember running through the first 20 minutes of the game in Halo 4 because I had already seen it at E3 before and what was supposed to be special, was nothing …

If they return (undoubtedly they will at some point), I don’t want any hints at it in trailers, and I want them to take the gore/graphics to the next level to increase the scare on us. I want the flood to not only look more disgusting, but behave more so, by more graphic infections, appearance, sounds, and environments.

I agree on the Flood.

With the Prometheans I disagree. I wanted to see more gameplay of the game and if the Prometheans were not shown then the game would’ve been a complete mystery and I find that frustrating.

Also the Flood can easily be hidden since, if you think about it, until Halo 2 they didn’t really have much of a role in the game. The whole premise of Halo CE was stopping the Covenant from activating Halo and the Flood were just along for the ride as another faction that was scary and evil.

The Prometheans were practically the main antagonists of Halo 4 with the Covenant given a small role as cannon fodder for the Didact. I hope we

I really hope we get to see huge battles between the Covenant-Promethean Alliance and the Flood. I’m sick of these spec ops or lone wolf games we’ve been getting in Halo 3 ODST, Halo Reach and Halo 4. Since this isn’t a trilogy anymore I think the next Halo, Halo 5 or not, would be great to reintroduce big battles.

> I agree. 343 spoiled WAY too much with Halo 4.
>
> I still haven’t forgiven O’Connor for outright telling us the Didact was the main antagonist. I know it was heavily hinted, but still, would’ve been a nice surprise.

Neither have I. Nor have I forgiven him for spoiling the ending of the game in an interview either. “Yeah, so the ending of the game is like Star Wars : A New Hope, where the battle is won, but there’s still a threat out there” (I’m paraphrasing)

Seriously Frankie, shut it. Keep your story spoilers to yourself pre-release. If there’s something super secretive and exciting about the game’s story, why not, you know, keep it as a super exciting secret instead of blabbing about it?

Suffice to say that I agree. If the Flood return, I want it to remain a secret until we play the game. I don’t want a whole Bulletin on every single possible Flood form that we’ll be seeing with every single detail regarding the way they act, like we did with the Prometheans.