If the flood attacked Earth, How long 'till we fall?

So there was this thread, and it gave me this idea. How long until we fall to the Flood? I’d give a considerably longer time than the covenant, (the flood not having space travel/weapons, by the way) as their more vulnerable to human weaponry. Maybe a month.

Crap dude, the Flood over-ran an entire city in mere minutes. And that was in 2552. If the Flood did come to Earth, we’d probably last a week at best.

I never considered the speed they spread. 5 days?

> So there was this thread, and it gave me this idea. How long until we fall to the Flood? I’d give a considerably longer time than the covenant, (the flood not having space travel/weapons, by the way) as their more vulnerable to human weaponry. Maybe a month.

Well obvisouly they would need space travel to get here right? Also what if they took over the minds of our world leaders, and top gov’t officals. They would get axess to major intell. But I do agree we would last longer. Cause all you need to do is shoot them tell they fall. But also if the forunners couldn’t handle the flood with out wiping the entire galexy clean and they had insane tech to fight them with! How much of a chance do we really have?

My Guess?

7 Days >:slight_smile:

> My Guess?
>
> 7 Days >:slight_smile:

Ha, saw what you did there :stuck_out_tongue:

One week. Two if we’re lucky.

Preventing them from infecting humans isn’t the only problem. They can infect animals as well. If they can infect insects and other little species then they would be even more difficult to fight, infecting even quicker more humans.

Also, between us, civilians, a single combat form could kill a decent number, then turn into corrier form, and infect us all. Then the army would send forces and it’d be too late. Half a city would be populated by Flood.

> My Guess?
>
> 7 Days >:slight_smile:

I get it now… But hopefully bungie will have taken the world over by then. They’d help us.

It all depends on where it landed and our initial response to the infection. If we could quell the threat before it spreads then the Flood would not win.

> One week. Two if we’re lucky.
>
> Preventing them from infecting humans isn’t the only problem. They can infect animals as well. If they can infect insects and other little species then they would be even more difficult to fight, infecting even quicker more humans.
>
> Also, between us, civilians, a single combat form could kill a decent number, then turn into corrier form, and infect us all. Then the army would send forces and it’d be too late. Half a city would be populated by Flood.

It wouldn’t be worth infecting insects/some animals. The main reason why is because the host has to have enough biomass/calcium/etc to be able to function while being infected. They would most likely infect something like bears/other large animals as those would be the best to infect. So in reality infecting small species isn’t a good thing even for the flood.

If the flood attacked Earth, it would all depend on the scenario. If the flood was in a isolated area we could nuke them and it would no longer be a problem. If they were more spread out then it would be more of a problem. It also depends on how we first handle fighting the flood when we first encounter them. Would we be smart and not let our men die by using well thought out strategy that were used early enough? Or would we wait to long to the point that it would be to late to save us?

Start Transmission
Boy 1: Hey, look at that thing!
Boy 2: What is it?
Boy 1: I’m not sure, it kinda looks like a squid, like a… oh yea! That weird thing from Halo.
Boy 2: What the heck is Halo?
Boy 1: Nevermind, don’t worry about it. It looks like its, i guess, sleeping or something… should we wake it up?
Boy 2: Unless it’s dead. Here, I’ll just poke it with this stick.
Boy 1: Careful! Its skin could be sensitive or something!
Boy 2: Don’t worry about it, besides, whats a little stupid squid gonna do?

Two Weeks Later

TV Broadcaster: Repeat all survivors of the infection are to report immediately to Alp- Static and the- Static I repeat, all survivors are to report- Wait, what was that!? … Oh my God! No! Please! No! Static

End Transmission

They did. but the Chief took care of that problem. :]

i say about 5 days but 2 weeks max

>

I think if you had the knowledge it was from Halo you would try and kill it rather than just let it sleep.

We would never fall. The flood would probably be a drug induced hallucination.

Considering the flood already infected a good part of Africa in a few hours, I would imagine we would have up to a week before we lose.

“One spore can destroy an entire species.” - R’tas Vadum i would say like 10 days at most!

My guess: 5 Minutes… 10 if they are tired…

We would stand more of a chance against the flood than the covenant.