If the DMR Returns

It needs to be an uncommon weapon.

Like DMRs in AR Starts. Or NRs in general level of uncommon. And it shouldn’t be the starting weapon in BTB. It’s power is too dependent on the maps having sufficient LoS blockers to prevent the weapon from reaching out and killing someone at nearly any range. The threat of death no matter where your opponent is on the map just entices players to turtle around what little cover there is.

Yes because mindlessly running out into the middle of a vehicle war when all you have is an Ar is the best thing you could do in any given BTB situation.

> Yes because mindlessly running out into the middle of a vehicle war when all you have is an Ar is the best thing you could do in any given BTB situation.

Battle rifle…

> > Yes because mindlessly running out into the middle of a vehicle war when all you have is an Ar is the best thing you could do in any given BTB situation.
>
> Battle rifle…

Op doesn’t want any sort of accurate weapon off spawn, he wants his trusty Ar to take down all of the vehicles.

> > > Yes because mindlessly running out into the middle of a vehicle war when all you have is an Ar is the best thing you could do in any given BTB situation.
> >
> > Battle rifle…
>
> Op doesn’t want any sort of accurate weapon off spawn, he wants his trusty Ar to take down all of the vehicles.

The dmr is like a mini sniper the Battle rifle is very poor for long range. And if the reticle size increase in the fist look video is any indicator, they might have nerfed it a tad.

You are tearing this family apart. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

> > > > Yes because mindlessly running out into the middle of a vehicle war when all you have is an Ar is the best thing you could do in any given BTB situation.
> > >
> > > Battle rifle…
> >
> > Op doesn’t want any sort of accurate weapon off spawn, he wants his trusty Ar to take down all of the vehicles.
>
> The dmr is like a mini sniper the Battle rifle is very poor for long range. And if the reticle size increase in the fist look video is any indicator, they might have nerfed it a tad.
>
> You are tearing this family apart. (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Nope, still too accurate for the Op, we must have AR’s and only AR’s.

and pick that table up, what the hell do you think this is?!

> > > > > Yes because mindlessly running out into the middle of a vehicle war when all you have is an Ar is the best thing you could do in any given BTB situation.
> > > >
> > > > Battle rifle…
> > >
> > > Op doesn’t want any sort of accurate weapon off spawn, he wants his trusty Ar to take down all of the vehicles.
> >
> > The dmr is like a mini sniper the Battle rifle is very poor for long range. And if the reticle size increase in the fist look video is any indicator, they might have nerfed it a tad.
> >
> > You are tearing this family apart. (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
>
> Nope, still too accurate for the Op, we must have AR’s and only AR’s.
>
>
> and pick that table up, what the hell do you think this is?!

┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ) sorry i guess i got a little carried away. But im sure the Op has good intentions.

> The dmr is like a mini sniper the Battle rifle is very poor for long range. And if the reticle size increase in the fist look video is any indicator, they might have nerfed it a tad…

They said the BR is hitscan… so now it’s a spamming DMR

> Does the BR have spread? Is it hitscan? –xBrutaIity
> The BR is a three-shot burst weapon. It is hitscan. In its current tuning, it has recoil (not bloom) which causes it to rise slightly (in a predictable and suppressible way). It is not a replacement for the DMR as has been discussed in the community. You will not see bloom as it currently exists in Vanilla Reach on any weapon, but there will be different methods for reticle targeting that vary depending on the weapon, and players will have a wide arsenal of weapons to choose from. More news about that later.

I honestly do not get the point of your post why did you need to mention DMR when Halo 4 has a BR in it. I say this because you post sounds more like it should be on the Reach forum then here. You even say nr I am amazed how you think a prequel to first game will have these common weapons when the 3 games in between did not.

To respond to your post in a nice way, learn to use a br. Ar is fine for close range but you are talking about BIG TEAM BATTLE which takes place on BIG MAPS* why have close range weapon spawn instead of mid range. I mean you could have long range spawns but then ypu would be playing snipers.

*Is it not funny how a few maps in big team and snipers are small maps. Oh well it does change the way the game is played though.

> I honestly do not get the point of your post why did you need to mention DMR when Halo 4 has a BR in it. I say this because you post sounds more like it should be on the Reach forum then here. You even say nr I am amazed how you think a prequel to first game will have these common weapons when the 3 games in between did not.
>
> To respond to your post in a nice way, learn to use a br. Ar is fine for close range but you are talking about BIG TEAM BATTLE which takes place on BIG MAPS* why have close range weapon spawn instead of mid range. I mean you could have long range spawns but then ypu would be playing snipers.
>
> *Is it not funny how a few maps in big team and snipers are small maps. Oh well it does change the way the game is played though.

There is going to be a DMR type weapon in halo 4.

> Nope, still too accurate for the Op, we must have AR’s and only AR’s.

Thank you for putting words in my mouth.

> > I honestly do not get the point of your post why did you need to mention DMR when Halo 4 has a BR in it. I say this because you post sounds more like it should be on the Reach forum then here. You even say nr I am amazed how you think a prequel to first game will have these common weapons when the 3 games in between did not.
> >
> > To respond to your post in a nice way, learn to use a br. Ar is fine for close range but you are talking about BIG TEAM BATTLE which takes place on BIG MAPS* why have close range weapon spawn instead of mid range. I mean you could have long range spawns but then ypu would be playing snipers.
> >
> > *Is it not funny how a few maps in big team and snipers are small maps. Oh well it does change the way the game is played though.
>
> There is going to be a DMR type weapon in halo 4.

Source please I saw the vidoc but I did not see anything about a carbine returning. And I have no problem with a single shot weapon but the term DMR it needs to be changed, I play campaign and I enjoy multiplayer to but I want everything to flow in this universe and not break cannon to cater ok.

I agree but for SWAT it should be the only weapon

Not too big a fan of people spawning with wannabe snipers. Earlier I was hoping that it would never make a return, but thinking about it a bit more it does serve a good purpose.

I’m down with the OP’s idea.

> I honestly do not get the point of your post why did you need to mention DMR when Halo 4 has a BR in it.

Because Frankie said that the BR isn’t a replacement to the DMR and just in general seemed to suggest that there will be additions to the sandbox and more single shot weapons than just the Magnum, Sniper and Carbine if it returns.

> You even say nr I am amazed how you think a prequel to first game will have these common weapons when the 3 games in between did not.

I said NR because I am using how often the weapon is placed around maps as an example of how often the DMR should be placed on maps.

> To respond to your post in a nice way, learn to use a br. Ar is fine for close range but you are talking about BIG TEAM BATTLE which takes place on BIG MAPS* why have close range weapon spawn instead of mid range. I mean you could have long range spawns but then ypu would be playing snipers.

I’m not asking for AR spawns in BTB.

I’m asking for a spawning weapon that doesn’t cripple player movement around the maps.

> > > I honestly do not get the point of your post why did you need to mention DMR when Halo 4 has a BR in it. I say this because you post sounds more like it should be on the Reach forum then here. You even say nr I am amazed how you think a prequel to first game will have these common weapons when the 3 games in between did not.
> > >
> > > To respond to your post in a nice way, learn to use a br. Ar is fine for close range but you are talking about BIG TEAM BATTLE which takes place on BIG MAPS* why have close range weapon spawn instead of mid range. I mean you could have long range spawns but then ypu would be playing snipers.
> > >
> > > *Is it not funny how a few maps in big team and snipers are small maps. Oh well it does change the way the game is played though.
> >
> > There is going to be a DMR type weapon in halo 4.
>
> Source please I saw the vidoc but I did not see anything about a carbine returning. And I have no problem with a single shot weapon but the term DMR it needs to be changed, I play campaign and I enjoy multiplayer to but I want everything to flow in this universe and not break cannon to cater ok.

Here you go.

> Dare you to run down the middle of Hemorrhage.

OK, let me get this straight…

Your argument against the DMR is that it is highly effective at long range, discouraging mindlessly traversing the map.
So it should be like Halo3 where you don’t get punished for being caught in a bad position? Except now it would be even easier to escape because of sprint…

Jesus…

> > Dare you to run down the middle of Hemorrhage.
>
> OK, let me get this straight…
>
> Your argument against the DMR is that it is highly effective at long range, discouraging mindlessly traversing the map.
> So it should be like Halo3 where you don’t get punished for being caught in a bad position? Except now it would be even easier to escape because of sprint…
>
>
>
>
> Jesus…

It’s exaggerated to make a point.

Should punishing players caught in a bad position more effectively come at the cost of killing player movement around the map and slowing the game down because you aren’t safe anywhere?

> Yes because mindlessly running out into the middle of a vehicle war when all you have is an Ar is the best thing you could do in any given BTB situation.

I luaghed at this.

> It needs to be an uncommon weapon.
>
> Like DMRs in AR Starts. Or NRs in general level of uncommon. And it should never, ever, be the starting weapon in BTB. The pin point accuracy it provides just murders any incentive to move about maps lacking in sufficient LoS blockers to protect the user.
>
> Don’t believe me?
>
> Dare you to run down the middle of Hemorrhage.

Surely you played Halo 1-3, right?

Halo 1 - Fast rate of fire Sniper, super Pistol of doom. Walking in an open area = suicide.

Halo 2 - Fast rate of fire Sniper, insane bullet magnetism, Battle Rifle is hitscan and deadly accurate at all ranges. Walking in open area = Suicide.

Halo 3 - Better Sniper, but still easy to use. Battle Rifle, still very effective long range because of the spread (But that was removed, if I’m not mistaken) and the bullet travel time. More balanced than 1/2, but still getting cross mapped by BR’s was common.

Halo: Reach - Sniper is same as 3, ever so slightly different. DMR/Pistol/NR all don’t absolutely dominate at long ranges. Pistol isn’t very accurate, NR has high bloom and low damage, and the DMR has medium bloom and is accurate, but nowhere near Halo 1/2 levels.

If anything, we need Halo 4 to continue to build off the success that Halo: Reach had with it’s weapon balance. That’s one thing that definitely stuck out to me about that game especially.