If the arbiter lives...

If the arbiter (thel) lives how big of a role do you think he would play in halo 5? Since in halo 4 almost everyone was new (besides laski) I would really like to fight along with him. I know he is in a civil war right now and from what I’ve seen people say on these forums is it looks like he is going to lose and die? BUT if he does win what do you think will happen??

My personal theory is that Halo 5 will cover some of the Civil War on Sangheilios, maybe a mission for Blue Team even.

I’m hoping we get to see Thel in either Spartan Ops Season 2 or in Halo 5, just to make sure he’s alive. Although, Karen Traviss’ next novel should also shed some light on that.

I really liked Thel as a character, and hope he gets to see the Chief once again. Having them team up would be awesome.

I think the flood returns in halo 5. Then the elites, humans, and the didact have an orgi party and kill the flood, then they kill each other.

I might be alone here, but I don’t want the Arbiter to return in Halo 5 or 6. This trilogy is called the Reclaimer trilogy, it is supposed to be about Humanity taking the Mantle of Responsibility and proving they are worthy of it (at least that is what I have gathered, correct me if I’m wrong).

Ok, maybe a supporting role of some kind, but nothing major. If we do end up covering some of the civil war then fine, he would obviously play a role in that. But if we end up skipping that event, then I’d rather he be kept out of the plot, and we focus on the Human characters they’ve introduced/expanded upon in Halo 4 (Lasky, Thorne, Palmer, Halsey, etc.).

> I might be alone here, but I don’t want the Arbiter to return in Halo 5 or 6. This trilogy is called the Reclaimer trilogy, it is supposed to be about Humanity taking the Mantle of Responsibility and proving they are worthy of it (at least that is what I have gathered, correct me if I’m wrong).
>
> Ok, maybe a supporting role of some kind, but nothing major. If we do end up covering some of the civil war then fine, he would obviously play a role in that. But if we end up skipping that event, then I’d rather he be kept out of the plot, and we focus on the Human characters they’ve introduced/expanded upon in Halo 4 (Lasky, Thorne, Palmer, Halsey, etc.).

the arbiter can still join the group in fighting off the threat. he doesn’t have to be the main focus.

> I’m hoping we get to see Thel in either Spartan Ops Season 2 or in Halo 5, just to make sure he’s alive. Although, Karen Traviss’ next novel should also shed some light on that.
>
> I really liked Thel as a character, and hope he gets to see the Chief once again. Having them team up would be awesome.

I don’t know about Traviss… She has a history of killing off characters… it very well could be the Arbitar…

Yes, I think were see him in Halo 5… maybe as a villain… would be an interesting twist.

I really hope we fight along the side of him and he can forgive the ONI for what they have done to his kind and yet again realize not all humans are like that.

I’ve always imagined this giant scene where MC and thel are in this giant battle with a dessert landscape trying to Make way to the ancient evil (I honestly don’t think it’s the diact). Along the side with them are sparten 4’s and marines making the way to the structure but hundreds get picked off. Thel has his energy sword slicing through enemies and cheif has his AR. Each step closer to the structure the fight becomes a very CQ combat.

As they approach the structure MC runs out of ammo and is basically bulldozers anything in his way. Thel has fallen a bit behind and MC is a good amount ahead. MC runs up into a enemy much bigger then him and right when its about to swing (it’s a CQ enemy) thel slices the enemy and then gets down on one knee and hands mc his sword. Mc nods at him and thel nods back and mc takes the sword enters the structure, closes the doors, and runs through rushing toward the ancient evil.

Thel pulls out 2 dual weild plasma pistols and holds off the fleet with some sparten 4’s and elites. Mc and the ancient evil lunge at each other both with cq weapons and it pauses. Halo 5 commercial lol.

> My personal theory is that Halo 5 will cover some of the Civil War on Sangheilios, maybe a mission for Blue Team even.

This. I think 343 is trying to make a parallel connection with the original trilogy and the reclaimer trilogy. Halo 4 introduced a new world with new enemies we’ve never seen before just like Halo CE did. I think Halo 5 will deal with the internal conflicts in the Covenant just like Halo 2 did (and we’ll probably get to see Thel again). 343 stated they wanted Halo 4 to feel like Halo CE, so it’s only a natural progression that Halo 5 will inherently feel similar in story progression to Halo 2.

Actually Thel’s return would be an idea of pure brilliance if 343i is developing John’s humanity. Here’s why:

Some know that Oni is secretly helping the Loyalists to wipe out Thel’s faction (killing two birds with one stone) and thus Humanity has no part in their Civil War. BUT being that Thel not only assisted John, but figuratively stood by him no matter what (Cortana and Halo in Halo 3) would impose John with a decision…

Help Thel in at least one mission in an act of friendship and trust, disobeying the UNSC or Oni, who have attempted to replace him, and the majority see him like a weapon (excluding Lasky and veteran Spartan IVs who know him and served with him) thus elaborating on his humanity and new disobedience of orders (Del Rio) for the greater good.

Imagine if the Chief helps Thel one last time, thus securing Sanghelios and earning a solid truce with the Elites?

Honestly that’s a great theory. And to the humanity only topic, if we don’t work with and help other species then we are not worthy of the mantle.

> > I might be alone here, but I don’t want the Arbiter to return in Halo 5 or 6. This trilogy is called the Reclaimer trilogy, it is supposed to be about Humanity taking the Mantle of Responsibility and proving they are worthy of it (at least that is what I have gathered, correct me if I’m wrong).
> >
> > Ok, maybe a supporting role of some kind, but nothing major. If we do end up covering some of the civil war then fine, he would obviously play a role in that. But if we end up skipping that event, then I’d rather he be kept out of the plot, and we focus on the Human characters they’ve introduced/expanded upon in Halo 4 (Lasky, Thorne, Palmer, Halsey, etc.).
>
> the arbiter can still join the group in fighting off the threat. he doesn’t have to be the main focus.

if Thel is going to show up at Halo 5, it’s for going to kick Jul Mdama -Yoink-.

> > > I might be alone here, but I don’t want the Arbiter to return in Halo 5 or 6. This trilogy is called the Reclaimer trilogy, it is supposed to be about Humanity taking the Mantle of Responsibility and proving they are worthy of it (at least that is what I have gathered, correct me if I’m wrong).
> > >
> > > Ok, maybe a supporting role of some kind, but nothing major. If we do end up covering some of the civil war then fine, he would obviously play a role in that. But if we end up skipping that event, then I’d rather he be kept out of the plot, and we focus on the Human characters they’ve introduced/expanded upon in Halo 4 (Lasky, Thorne, Palmer, Halsey, etc.).
> >
> > the arbiter can still join the group in fighting off the threat. he doesn’t have to be the main focus.
>
> if Thel is going to show up at Halo 5, it’s for going to kick Jul Mdama -Yoink!-.

If thats what its gonna take to get his point across to Jul. he will do it. he might get so furious with jul that he might execute him personaly.

> Honestly that’s a great theory. And to the humanity only topic, if we don’t work with and help other species then we are not worthy of the mantle

that is…a very good point. its what the forunners did. they tried to protect the whole galazy from the flood.

> > My personal theory is that Halo 5 will cover some of the Civil War on Sangheilios, maybe a mission for Blue Team even.
>
> This. I think 343 is trying to make a parallel connection with the original trilogy and the reclaimer trilogy. Halo 4 introduced a new world with new enemies we’ve never seen before just like Halo CE did. I think Halo 5 will deal with the internal conflicts in the Covenant just like Halo 2 did (and we’ll probably get to see Thel again). 343 stated they wanted Halo 4 to feel like Halo CE, so it’s only a natural progression that Halo 5 will inherently feel similar in story progression to Halo 2.

You make a good point.

> > > My personal theory is that Halo 5 will cover some of the Civil War on Sangheilios, maybe a mission for Blue Team even.
> >
> > This. I think 343 is trying to make a parallel connection with the original trilogy and the reclaimer trilogy. Halo 4 introduced a new world with new enemies we’ve never seen before just like Halo CE did. I think Halo 5 will deal with the internal conflicts in the Covenant just like Halo 2 did (and we’ll probably get to see Thel again). 343 stated they wanted Halo 4 to feel like Halo CE, so it’s only a natural progression that Halo 5 will inherently feel similar in story progression to Halo 2.
>
> You make a good point.

I agree with that.

> > I’m hoping we get to see Thel in either Spartan Ops Season 2 or in Halo 5, just to make sure he’s alive. Although, Karen Traviss’ next novel should also shed some light on that.
> >
> > I really liked Thel as a character, and hope he gets to see the Chief once again. Having them team up would be awesome.
>
> I don’t know about Traviss… She has a history of killing off characters… it very well could be the Arbitar…
>
>
> Yes, I think were see him in Halo 5… maybe as a villain… would be an interesting twist.

If Arby where to die in the novels, it honestly better be in a way relevant to the Storm, seeing as we still dont have the origins behind that

> Actually Thel’s return would be an idea of pure brilliance if 343i is developing John’s humanity. Here’s why:
>
> Some know that Oni is secretly helping the Loyalists to wipe out Thel’s faction (killing two birds with one stone) and thus Humanity has no part in their Civil War. BUT being that Thel not only assisted John, but figuratively stood by him no matter what (Cortana and Halo in Halo 3) would impose John with a decision…
>
> Help Thel in at least one mission in an act of friendship and trust, disobeying the UNSC or Oni, who have attempted to replace him, and the majority see him like a weapon (excluding Lasky and veteran Spartan IVs who know him and served with him) thus elaborating on his humanity and new disobedience of orders (Del Rio) for the greater good.
>
> Imagine if the Chief helps Thel one last time, thus securing Sanghelios and earning a solid truce with the Elites?

indeed, and im sure most of the Sanghelios is not happy with Jul’s actions.

> I don’t know about Traviss… She has a history of killing off characters… it very well could be the Arbitar…

I doubt it. Arbiter could be considered as the second main character of the Halo games. Aside for ODST, Halo Wars and Halo 4 he played a massive role in the Halo games, there is no way 343 would even approve his death to be on a novel. Or even Travis on that matter regardless if she is the supposed ‘murder’ most claim her to be.
If he is to die it has to be greater than or something like Johnson’s death, I mean think of it this way would Bungie of killed
Avery off in book? No way it makes no sense to waste such an emotional moment.

The Arbiter will continue to fight on through the end of the trilogy. I am sure he will reprise his role as Chief’s partner in crime in Halo 5. You can count on Precursor and Flood causing some serious problems for all factions.

I just watched Origins Part II and I’m piecing everything together. There will be a massive battle in the end, uniting all races against the Flood and Precursors to end in peace (Halo 6).

> The Arbiter will continue to fight on through the end of the trilogy. I am sure he will reprise his role as Chief’s partner in crime in Halo 5. You can count on Precursor and Flood causing some serious problems for all factions.
>
> I just watched Origins Part II and I’m piecing everything together. There will be a massive battle in the end, uniting all races against the Flood and Precursors to end in peace (Halo 6).

thats an intresting thought. uniteing to stop the precursor and the flood. I mean this is the one that became a problem for everyone. including the ancient humans during their war with the fourruners.