If season 8 is the last for MCC, what now?

With Season 8 being the last season being made for MCC, Ican imagine a ton of people racking up points to get all the armours and such, but after that?

We will have a ton of points just taking up space until a new limited event comes along to have to spend it on. But the points will be useless after all that, so… what happens next?

4 Likes

343i have said that new content will be coming to the game through 2022, just in smaller chunks than the older seasonal model.

I believe there are plans to rework the rewards system a bit so it’s more appropriate for this near “end of life” period. However the details on that haven’t been clarified just yet.
Season 8 was the last major update for MCC for 2021, any substantial changes will come next year.

5 Likes

It’s been confirmed multiple times that the game will continue forward with content. Similar to the current situation with Halo 5 being out and 343i still makes content for Halo MCC.

1 Like

A similar update model like what we’ve seen with the 20th Anniversary update, presumably.

2 Likes