If quitting games is banworthy...

Then why does 343i even have an option to Quit? It seems pointless. If you don’t want people to quit, and you punish them if they do it a few times in short span of time, then why bother including the ability to do so in the first place? It doesn’t make sense.

You could argue that people will quit for other reasons besides being salty or rage quitting. But that still doesn’t explain why a quit button exists in Halo 5: If I’m getting off my Xbox for the time being, shutting it off will quit the game; if I want to play a different game, starting the other game will quit Halo 5; and if I want to join someone elses Halo 5 game, joining them or accepting their invite will, funnily enough, quit that game you were previously in. Hell, half the time people just get DC’d from Halo 5 anyways, which again, quits the game for them, if involuntarily.

Simply put, the quit button has no place in Halo 5 under the current mindset that quitting less than a handful of games is banworthy. I’m not arguing that the Ban System in Halo 5 is broken; in fact, I think it’s the most effective automated ban system I’ve ever seen in a video game. I don’t want people to leave games, nor do I want people being forced to play matches that they won’t enjoy. But that’s part of the game. You win some, you lose some.

Valid point but then you have people saying they were disconnected from the server, when in turn their plug disconnected from the wall.

What about a surrender button instead? If multiple people on your team push it your team surrenders and you lose RPs.

> 2533274873873545;2:
> Valid point but then you have people saying they were disconnected from the server, when in turn their plug disconnected from the wall.

But either way, the quit button is redundant. That’s the point. I’d rather see the quit button removed, just so it takes more effort to rage quit a match.

> 2533274873873545;3:
> What about a surrender button instead? If multiple people on your team push it your team surrenders and you lose RPs.

That would be the most abused feature, the most unused feature. There’s no way to implement a manual Mercy Rule; it has to be passive. Here’s my idea: if a team has a lead that is half the score needed to win the game (25 point lead in Slayer, 500 point lead in Warzone), the match automatically ends, granting standard REQ points and XP to both teams.

This is actually a good point. Maybe the quit button is there as a last resort? Maybe the system is more lenient towards quits that it is towards boots for idling or betraying or suicides? It does seem like the quit option is an artifact at this point.
I disagree though about half of all DNFs are due to unintentional disconnects.

> 2533274950478805;5:
> > 2533274873873545;3:
> > What about a surrender button instead? If multiple people on your team push it your team surrenders and you lose RPs.
>
>
> That would be the most abused feature, the most unused feature. There’s no way to implement a manual Mercy Rule; it has to be passive. Here’s my idea: if a team has a lead that is half the score needed to win the game (25 point lead in Slayer, 500 point lead in Warzone), the match automatically ends, granting standard REQ points and XP to both teams.

Yea a mercy rule would be good, I mean if you are down 850-125 in warzone half your team is going to quit anyways

> 2533274873873545;7:
> > 2533274950478805;5:
> > > 2533274873873545;3:
> > > What about a surrender button instead? If multiple people on your team push it your team surrenders and you lose RPs.
> >
> >
> > That would be the most abused feature, the most unused feature. There’s no way to implement a manual Mercy Rule; it has to be passive. Here’s my idea: if a team has a lead that is half the score needed to win the game (25 point lead in Slayer, 500 point lead in Warzone), the match automatically ends, granting standard REQ points and XP to both teams.
>
>
> Yea a mercy rule would be good, I mean if you are down 850-125 in warzone half your team is going to quit anyways

The thing that half your team doesn’t realize is that you can still destroy the enemy core.

> 2533274817408735;6:
> This is actually a good point. Maybe the quit button is there as a last resort? Maybe the system is more lenient towards quits that it is towards boots for idling or betraying or suicides? It does seem like the quit option is an artifact at this point.
> I disagree though about half of all DNFs are due to unintentional disconnects.

Yeah, I was just exaggerating. But that’s what these forums seem to think of Halo 5’s “super potato servers,” regardless of how accurate all these disconnect complaints actually are.

Why Does it matter?..Just don’t quit? easy as that.

> 2533274808132968;8:
> > 2533274873873545;7:
> > > 2533274950478805;5:
> > > > 2533274873873545;3:
> > > > What about a surrender button instead? If multiple people on your team push it your team surrenders and you lose RPs.
> > >
> > >
> > > That would be the most abused feature, the most unused feature. There’s no way to implement a manual Mercy Rule; it has to be passive. Here’s my idea: if a team has a lead that is half the score needed to win the game (25 point lead in Slayer, 500 point lead in Warzone), the match automatically ends, granting standard REQ points and XP to both teams.
> >
> >
> > Yea a mercy rule would be good, I mean if you are down 850-125 in warzone half your team is going to quit anyways
>
>
> The thing that half your team doesn’t realize is that you can still destroy the enemy core.

In all seriousness, I’ve only seen a comeback like that once. The other 100+ crushing defeats? Not so much.

> 2533275011223280;10:
> Why Does it matter?..Just don’t quit? easy as that.

And yet, quitting is still a problem. Words and threats will only go so far. If you don’t want someone to do something, don’t let them.

> 2533275011223280;10:
> Why Does it matter?..Just don’t quit? easy as that.

Yea but quitting is an increasing problem, it isn’t as easy as that. Make it harder to quit. I hate trying to play strongholds or CTF and someone quits because they didn’t get the rocket launcher first.

> 2533274808132968;8:
> > 2533274873873545;7:
> > > 2533274950478805;5:
> > > > 2533274873873545;3:
> > > > What about a surrender button instead? If multiple people on your team push it your team surrenders and you lose RPs.
> > >
> > >
> > > That would be the most abused feature, the most unused feature. There’s no way to implement a manual Mercy Rule; it has to be passive. Here’s my idea: if a team has a lead that is half the score needed to win the game (25 point lead in Slayer, 500 point lead in Warzone), the match automatically ends, granting standard REQ points and XP to both teams.
> >
> >
> > Yea a mercy rule would be good, I mean if you are down 850-125 in warzone half your team is going to quit anyways
>
>
> The thing that half your team doesn’t realize is that you can still destroy the enemy core.

Yea but when you have 6 people left and some tail end randoms that might JIP…is the morale really there?

> 2533274873873545;14:
> > 2533274808132968;8:
> > > 2533274873873545;7:
> > > > 2533274950478805;5:
> > > > > 2533274873873545;3:
> > > > > What about a surrender button instead? If multiple people on your team push it your team surrenders and you lose RPs.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > That would be the most abused feature, the most unused feature. There’s no way to implement a manual Mercy Rule; it has to be passive. Here’s my idea: if a team has a lead that is half the score needed to win the game (25 point lead in Slayer, 500 point lead in Warzone), the match automatically ends, granting standard REQ points and XP to both teams.
> > >
> > >
> > > Yea a mercy rule would be good, I mean if you are down 850-125 in warzone half your team is going to quit anyways
> >
> >
> > The thing that half your team doesn’t realize is that you can still destroy the enemy core.
>
>
> Yea but when you have 6 people left and some tail end randoms that might JIP…is the morale really there?

Of course its there. Commander Palmer is constantly enticing courage into all of us.

> 2533274808132968;15:
> > 2533274873873545;14:
> > > 2533274808132968;8:
> > > > 2533274873873545;7:
> > > > > 2533274950478805;5:
> > > > > > 2533274873873545;3:
> > > > > > What about a surrender button instead? If multiple people on your team push it your team surrenders and you lose RPs.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > That would be the most abused feature, the most unused feature. There’s no way to implement a manual Mercy Rule; it has to be passive. Here’s my idea: if a team has a lead that is half the score needed to win the game (25 point lead in Slayer, 500 point lead in Warzone), the match automatically ends, granting standard REQ points and XP to both teams.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Yea a mercy rule would be good, I mean if you are down 850-125 in warzone half your team is going to quit anyways
> > >
> > >
> > > The thing that half your team doesn’t realize is that you can still destroy the enemy core.
> >
> >
> > Yea but when you have 6 people left and some tail end randoms that might JIP…is the morale really there?
>
>
> Of course its there. Commander Palmer is constantly enticing courage into all of us.

LOL…i hope one update they change that…or interchangable. Nothing makes me want to slam my controller more.

> 2533274873873545;16:
> > 2533274808132968;15:
> > > 2533274873873545;14:
> > > > 2533274808132968;8:
> > > > > 2533274873873545;7:
> > > > > > 2533274950478805;5:
> > > > > > > 2533274873873545;3:
> > > > > > > What about a surrender button instead? If multiple people on your team push it your team surrenders and you lose RPs.
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > That would be the most abused feature, the most unused feature. There’s no way to implement a manual Mercy Rule; it has to be passive. Here’s my idea: if a team has a lead that is half the score needed to win the game (25 point lead in Slayer, 500 point lead in Warzone), the match automatically ends, granting standard REQ points and XP to both teams.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Yea a mercy rule would be good, I mean if you are down 850-125 in warzone half your team is going to quit anyways
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > The thing that half your team doesn’t realize is that you can still destroy the enemy core.
> > >
> > >
> > > Yea but when you have 6 people left and some tail end randoms that might JIP…is the morale really there?
> >
> >
> > Of course its there. Commander Palmer is constantly enticing courage into all of us.
>
>
> LOL…i hope one update they change that…or interchangable. Nothing makes me want to slam my controller more.

I’d like to see a side by side of Palmer’s Commentary for both teams in Warzone match. Just to hear “Keep up the good work Spartans!” to the farmers whilst the farmees hear “We can still destroy the Enemy Core.”

The quit option is there for emergencies, in situations where you absolutely have to go, and that by itself is uncommon. It’s not something for you to abuse. It’s also a bit of a jerk move to keep you trapped within a match until its time ends.

I just got banned for 2 Hours and 30 minutes for disconnecting! This game sucks when it comes to banning. Just got trolled and got ground pounded off an edge? take a ban. Just was AFK because you have a life OUTSIDE the game? (I know, a revelation to Halo devs) take a ban. Just was messing with your friends and team kill once or twice? take a ban. Having a bad day and leave 2 matches because your fuse is shorter than usual? TAKE A BAN. The game is too anxious to hand out bans, that if you are a little outside of what they consider “right” and “what you should do” you get banned. I like halo and I want to play it, but it doesn’t help that I get banned 3 times a day and every ban get longer as I go. It usually is due to me leaving a match, then getting disconnected on the second one, or leaving 2 matches, or getting disconnected twice. Why even put a quit button there anyway? They can implement a system like Destiny’s with the Mercy Rule. Destiny’s dev team listens to their player surprisingly, and its turning out in their favor, making them liked more. Halo should try taking a page from their book some time. After all, Bungie is involved with Destiny and Halo in the first place… If they want to ban someone why don’t they leave a report system, where you get banned after 10 or 20 reports, and get automatically “reported” once when you leave a game? We just need something to stop the frequent bans on people who did nothing harmful. Its unfair to ban the person who left the mach twice over the person who is a tool and is a jerk in the game.

> 2535419039901413;19:
> I just got banned for 2 Hours and 30 minutes for disconnecting! This game sucks when it comes to banning. Just got trolled and got ground pounded off an edge? take a ban. Just was AFK because you have a life OUTSIDE the game? (I know, a revelation to Halo devs) take a ban. Just was messing with your friends and team kill once or twice? take a ban. Having a bad day and leave 2 matches because your fuse is shorter than usual? TAKE A BAN. The game is too anxious to hand out bans, that if you are a little outside of what they consider “right” and “what you should do” you get banned. I like halo and I want to play it, but it doesn’t help that I get banned 3 times a day and every ban get longer as I go. It usually is due to me leaving a match, then getting disconnected on the second one, or leaving 2 matches, or getting disconnected twice. Why even put a quit button there anyway? They can implement a system like Destiny’s with the Mercy Rule. Destiny’s dev team listens to their player surprisingly, and its turning out in their favor, making them liked more. Halo should try taking a page from their book some time. After all, Bungie is involved with Destiny and Halo in the first place… If they want to ban someone why don’t they leave a report system, where you get banned after 10 or 20 reports, and get automatically “reported” once when you leave a game? We just need something to stop the frequent bans on people who did nothing harmful. Its unfair to ban the person who left the mach twice over the person who is a tool and is a jerk in the game.

Not really the point of the post. I’m not discussing the Ban System. I’m discussing the Quit Option itself.