If personal ordnance belongs anywhere...

…it’s in Spartan Ops.

In Spartan Ops, Firefight, and even Campaign (gives the player times when he/she can approach different areas of a mission in different ways), I don’t see a problem with it. It actually can be beneficial in these modes, but they conflict with so many core principles in Matchmaking that they should be absent there.

The more I think about it, I can’t believe there wasn’t at least one instance where the Campaign gave the player a personal ordinance selection, as it would add variety and give the option of different approaches. Honestly, the inclusion of personal ordinance only harms player vs player gameplay, the way I see it.

> In Spartan Ops, Firefight, and even Campaign (gives the player times when he/she can approach different areas of a mission in different ways), I don’t see a problem with it. It actually can be beneficial in these modes, but they conflict with so many core principles in Matchmaking that they should be absent there.
>
> The more I think about it, I can’t believe there wasn’t at least one instance where the Campaign gave the player a personal ordinance selection, as it would add variety and give the option of different approaches. Honestly, the inclusion of personal ordinance only harms player vs player gameplay, the way I see it.

Master Chief doesn’t have the support of the Infinity for most of the Campaign, so personal ordnance wouldn’t make much sense.

> > In Spartan Ops, Firefight, and even Campaign (gives the player times when he/she can approach different areas of a mission in different ways), I don’t see a problem with it. It actually can be beneficial in these modes, but they conflict with so many core principles in Matchmaking that they should be absent there.
> >
> > The more I think about it, I can’t believe there wasn’t at least one instance where the Campaign gave the player a personal ordinance selection, as it would add variety and give the option of different approaches. Honestly, the inclusion of personal ordinance only harms player vs player gameplay, the way I see it.
>
> Master Chief doesn’t have the support of the Infinity for most of the Campaign, so personal ordnance wouldn’t make much sense.

PODs don’t necessarily need to come directly from the Infinity. They can be dropped by Broadsword/Pelican. I realize that he didn’t have access to the Infinity during much of the Campaign, but during the mission ‘Reclaimer’ (the memorable Mammoth mission) the UNSC could’ve sent a Broadsword/Pelican overhead (out of the range of the Particle Cannons) to drop something to aid his efforts.

Likewise, while he may not have much support from the UNSC in Halo 5 (we can’t know for sure at the moment), there can still be instances of choice between weapons. The limited support would be good reason for him not to call down ordinance at any time, after all.

It’d be a good way to get a weapon in your hands. Say if 343 wanted the next part of a mission to be a snipers section Dalton can drop one down for you.

Ordnance drops have a place in Halo they’ve been around since Halo 2 don’t forget.

I think it belongs in the trash can, it needs to be scrapped. I can see what you mean though it would work in SpOps, but definitely not in Multiplayer.

Put it anywhere you want…except competitive multiplayer. Firefight…sure!, Spartan Ops…Why Not?!, Campaign…of course!..Multiplayer…please god not again.

One of the factors that decimated the population and I can’t stomach the idea of it returning.

Well said. Keep it in the Firefight/SpOps style games but away from multiplayer. Although I think it would make a nice addition to Invasion if that gametype ever made a comeback…