If multiplayer is free...

Does that mean its a separate download and title of infinite and its campaign, or that you dont need a Gold Xbox live subscription to play it? Idk if this has been addressed but im just confused

I’d also like to get more answers about this.
if I buy the disc, will both campaign and multiplayer be on it? I want them to be
And if multiplayer is free, then why am I paying 60$ for the campaign?

Also to answer your question, either way you need a Live subscription to play multiplayer, so it’s not really free for Xbox players, only for PC players. Rather free to buy the game, not to play it

I would assume that if you buy the game you just get the mp in there as well. If you don’t buy the game you’d just have to download the mp separately.

I would assume buying the game grants some items/customizations etc for the MP. Otherwise I can’t comprehend the price of the game…I mean…then again there are single player games that cost that much with no MP. I guess we’re just used to both going hand in hand.

All that being said…I wish if the MP was ready that it comes out whenever it is ready and not dependent on campaign since they’re 2 separate things not needing 1 another this time. I won’t be playing the campaign at all. I just play halo for the MP now.

But…I guess there would be some people crying over why 1 part of the community gets something to play while the other doesn’t…so…this probably wouldn’t ever happen…

It’s probably gonna be like COD Warzone, The Battle Royale is free but you have to buy the game to
get access to it’s Multiplayer & Story, but Infinite’s Case, it’s Campaign

There are still rumors that Xbox Live Gold will be free. So my theory is that when the multiplayer F2P comes around they will put the online free at the same time to get more attention.

Did they not state free to play multiplayer for everyone ? If so, I expect the multiplayer suite to be a free download, and the campaign to cost £40, £50 or maybe £60.

Well, we don’t know for sure but here’s what I think will happen:

I think it will function similarly to MCC where campaign and multiplayer are modular components that exist under one title. If you buy a physical copy, the multiplayer might not be included on the disc and you’ll have to download it as a separate “add on.” If you don’t buy the campaign right away you could download the multiplayer and then pay for/ download the campaign later. I think there will be only one “Halo Infinite” title.

For folks on Xbox, if you want to play online I’m sure you’ll have to have a gold subscription. Hopefully they don’t do what they did with Halo 5 where if you don’t have a gold subscription then the only thing you can play is campaign. This is kind of a console thing and not a Halo thing. I don’t know of any Xbox titles where you can play online for free- there’s always a catch.

I’m not paying $60 for just a campaign. Either the campaign is really good or there is something extra in there, otherwise they’ll have to come down on the price. If it’s going to be $60 I’m not going to buy it and I’ll wait for a friend to buy it on Xbox to play it splitscreen.

Without a doubt, in my opinion, halo 4 and 5 campaigns were not worth $60. So, if the campaign is similar (in length and replay-ability) then there better other parts included in the purchased game (I’m thinking forge, theater, and some cosmetics would make sense).

> 2533274866989456;9:
> Without a doubt, in my opinion, halo 4 and 5 campaigns were not worth $60. So, if the campaign is similar (in length and replay-ability) then there better other parts included in the purchased game (I’m thinking forge, theater, and some cosmetics would make sense).

Putting forge behind a paywall is the worst possible thing 343 could do for Infinite. It would severely hurt the potential longevity of the game compared to if forge were part of the free content.

I don’t understand why people advocate for pay-walling forge even a little bit.

> 2614366390849210;10:
> > 2533274866989456;9:
> > Without a doubt, in my opinion, halo 4 and 5 campaigns were not worth $60. So, if the campaign is similar (in length and replay-ability) then there better other parts included in the purchased game (I’m thinking forge, theater, and some cosmetics would make sense).
>
> Putting forge behind a paywall is the worst possible thing 343 could do for Infinite. It would severely hurt the potential longevity of the game compared to if forge were part of the free content.
>
> I don’t understand why people advocate for pay-walling forge even a little bit.

I think you are being a little dramatic. I’m sure you can think of at least a few things that 343 could do that would be worse.
How do you think forge being a part of the paid content will hurt things? Forgers are a relatively small percentage of the population. Those that love to forge are already planning to purchase the game anyways, I’m sure. Are you thinking that free Forge will bring an influx of new forgers and therefore more community created content which will help longevity?
I like the idea of forge being free; however, I like to live in the real word where 343 is trying to be a profitable company, and it makes sense to me that Forge would be a part of the paid content.

Agreed with what other people said i doubt we would be seeing microsoft selling in stores discs with just the campaign slapped on it when the rest of the game is free on the console.

Makes no sense tell me if im wrong but i dont see epic doing it for Fortnite.

> 2533274815938300;1:
> Does that mean its a separate download and title of infinite and its campaign, or that you dont need a Gold Xbox live subscription to play it? Idk if this has been addressed but im just confused

I hope it’ll be like MW where the campaign, multiplayer, extra modes and warzone are in the same download, and you can edit your download preferences

> 2533274866989456;11:
> > 2614366390849210;10:
> > > 2533274866989456;9:
> > > Without a doubt, in my opinion, halo 4 and 5 campaigns were not worth $60. So, if the campaign is similar (in length and replay-ability) then there better other parts included in the purchased game (I’m thinking forge, theater, and some cosmetics would make sense).
> >
> > Putting forge behind a paywall is the worst possible thing 343 could do for Infinite. It would severely hurt the potential longevity of the game compared to if forge were part of the free content.
> >
> > I don’t understand why people advocate for pay-walling forge even a little bit.
>
> I think you are being a little dramatic. I’m sure you can think of at least a few things that 343 could do that would be worse.
> How do you think forge being a part of the paid content will hurt things? Forgers are a relatively small percentage of the population. Those that love to forge are already planning to purchase the game anyways, I’m sure. Are you thinking that free Forge will bring an influx of new forgers and therefore more community created content which will help longevity?
> I like the idea of forge being free; however, I like to live in the real word where 343 is trying to be a profitable company, and it makes sense to me that Forge would be a part of the paid content.

Sounds to me like someone needs to go do research about the benefits if enabling player created content on a games long term population. It’s a pretty basic principle in game development now, since there’s been a lot of years if research put into what sorts if things drive long term game population.

And yea making said content creation tool free and accessible to everyone will yield more content and therefore better long term results than restricting those tools. Especially once the developer stops putting out fresh content.

Analogy: Say there is a payment required salad bar on a corner, and a free salad bar a few blocks away. The payment required salad bar will mostly have people dine there who know they like salad. The free salad bar will get people who know they like salad AND people who aren’t sure if they like salad but they’ll try it because they don’t have to give anything up. Removing the associated cost drives more traffic, and therefore more salads are made. It’s not a perfect analogy, but I think it mostly gets across the idea.

Halo infinite will be a platform like MCC. You boot it up and you have probably a UI similar to mcc but different. Campaign multiplayer etc etc.

I assume 343 will just give us single player expansions that are paid to continue the story. so instead of mcc where you had halo reach / ce / 2 etc campaigns, it will be halo infinite campaigns and side games bonnie ross already confirmed are happening.

The multiplayer of course will be in the same UI as well but gold will most likely be required since i think all f2p games on xbox still require gold.

> 2533274947805189;2:
> I’d also like to get more answers about this.
> if I buy the disc, will both campaign and multiplayer be on it? I want them to be
> And if multiplayer is free, then why am I paying 60$ for the campaign?
>
> Also to answer your question, either way you need a Live subscription to play multiplayer, so it’s not really free for Xbox players, only for PC players. Rather free to buy the game, not to play it

Great question, I wonder if the game will include the multiplayer maps on disc. Halo 5 could only have campaign played on disc when offline if I remember correctly.

> 2614366390849210;14:
> > 2533274866989456;11:
> > > 2614366390849210;10:
> > > > 2533274866989456;9:
> > > > Without a doubt, in my opinion, halo 4 and 5 campaigns were not worth $60. So, if the campaign is similar (in length and replay-ability) then there better other parts included in the purchased game (I’m thinking forge, theater, and some cosmetics would make sense).
> > >
> > > Putting forge behind a paywall is the worst possible thing 343 could do for Infinite. It would severely hurt the potential longevity of the game compared to if forge were part of the free content.
> > >
> > > I don’t understand why people advocate for pay-walling forge even a little bit.
> >
> > I think you are being a little dramatic. I’m sure you can think of at least a few things that 343 could do that would be worse.
> > How do you think forge being a part of the paid content will hurt things? Forgers are a relatively small percentage of the population. Those that love to forge are already planning to purchase the game anyways, I’m sure. Are you thinking that free Forge will bring an influx of new forgers and therefore more community created content which will help longevity?
> > I like the idea of forge being free; however, I like to live in the real word where 343 is trying to be a profitable company, and it makes sense to me that Forge would be a part of the paid content.
>
> Sounds to me like someone needs to go do research about the benefits if enabling player created content on a games long term population. It’s a pretty basic principle in game development now, since there’s been a lot of years if research put into what sorts if things drive long term game population.
>
> And yea making said content creation tool free and accessible to everyone will yield more content and therefore better long term results than restricting those tools. Especially once the developer stops putting out fresh content.
>
> Analogy: Say there is a payment required salad bar on a corner, and a free salad bar a few blocks away. The payment required salad bar will mostly have people dine there who know they like salad. The free salad bar will get people who know they like salad AND people who aren’t sure if they like salad but they’ll try it because they don’t have to give anything up. Removing the associated cost drives more traffic, and therefore more salads are made. It’s not a perfect analogy, but I think it mostly gets across the idea.

Obviously making things free will bring more players, you don’t have to convince me of that. I’m assuming your salad bar is selling something, and using the free salad bar to entice costumers into the doors so they will spend money at that restaurant? Otherwise we’re talking about a not-for-profit soup kitchen, not a business.

While we’re at it why not make campaign free too? Every aspect of the game free? Sure, sounds great to me as a consumer.

We know that multiplayer is free to play, so presumably the campaign will be a part of the paid content. As for what else is paid vs. free is anybody’s guess (some might argue that multiplayer has been confirmed as free, so one could assume that everything else will be paid). You may well be right that free Forge will be better for the game, but as far as we know 343 is only selling coatings, and I’m not convinced that 343 believes that coatings alone will provide them with the long term profit that their lofty 10 year vision requires.

I don’t really get the big discussion point of having all MP much on the disc. It’s just a licnese key any way. Everything runs off the HDD these days for the needed data speeds.

Sure… cram as much as you can on the disc for those with slower internet but considering the game is a 10 year plan… the data on the disc will become a small percentage of the game longterm. Don’t forget the day 1 patches & added MM maps.

See MCC disc as an example… smaller portion of total data now. Pains me to say this as a “physical collector” but it’s the sad truth.

> 2535448311535992;18:
> I don’t really get the big discussion point of having all MP much on the disc.

I agree, the Halo Infinite multiplayer is free to play for everyone, a download will be required so why waste valuable disc space ? I think the multiplayer suite will be a free download on it’s own. with the paid campaign separate digitally or on disc for those that want the physical vfersion.

separate games, no gold for pc, on xbox you need gold