If multiplayer is free, then why is campaign $60?

Simple as that. Please explain.

From what I understand, the Campaign is supposed to be a long-term thing, not just what they have created in the past 6 years…it’s supposed to go on after what is first released. kinda likea Destiny’s 10-year plan. That’s what I heard at least.

> 2535433178955557;1:
> Simple as that. Please explain.

Complaining about $60 for a game with a confirmed 10 year development plan?

Ummm…yeah. Well, the campaign is the story and I guess $60 for a game is not much for a “game”.

Would you prefer they don’t give people multiplayer? I would imagine people that buy the “Full experience” will not be disappointed…

since mp is free i dont bother buying it and if it lasts longer than everything after H3 i may consider it but i doubt it will be the case but hey i have for once not to buy a xbox and xbl in order to play it just to see the decline of a franchise i loved in my childhood thats a huge plus.

I think the campaign will get story expansions. Besides 343 needs to make money somehow. I’m fine with it.

> 2607664605677189;3:
> > 2535433178955557;1:
> > Simple as that. Please explain.
>
> Complaining about $60 for a game with a confirmed 10 year development plan?

Well, considering they’ve lied to us numerous times over the years with empty promises and letdowns after letdown, I think it’s a fair question all things considered. If it includes Forge/theater/whatever other mode may be available, then it could be justified. But if all of that is available to the free players, then I don’t see what’s so enticing about a 60 dollar campaign. I’m not saying it wont be good, but… c’mon. Every company that gives us the “10 year plan” spiel, (Destiny, Avengers, Anthem, countless others) utterly fail at keeping that promise. So, I think a little bit of skepticism is justified. I’m not being negative towards them, I’m just stating the facts and concerns that they may be high-balling some of us campaign players. I agree with free multiplayer, but not at the expense of the longtime Halo fan who wants the entire experience.

Halo Infinite is a game that is going to be receiving updates post launch.
The game’s campaign is set to be updated over time aswell as the multiplayer.

Let’s also not forget that Xbox Game Pass exists. If you don’t want to pay $60 you can pay monthly for Game Pass instead and get Halo Infinite for no extra charge aswell as all of the other great games on the service.

> 2533274865778947;8:
> Halo Infinite is a game that is going to be receiving updates post launch.
> The game’s campaign is set to be updated over time aswell as the multiplayer.
>
> Let’s also not forget that Xbox Game Pass exists. If you don’t want to pay $60 you can pay monthly for Game Pass instead and get Halo Infinite for no extra charge aswell as all of the other great games on the service.

Saying “It’s gonna receive updates” isn’t anything special. Every game receives updates. I hope they stick to their “Plan” on updating the story. But, I don’t like going off of “Promises” when it comes to 343. No offense.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2535433178955557;1:
> Simple as that. Please explain.

Easy. You’re an idiot.

> 2533274841963857;4:
>

> 2535433178955557;7:
> > 2607664605677189;3:
> > > 2535433178955557;1:
> > > Simple as that. Please explain.
> >
> > Complaining about $60 for a game with a confirmed 10 year development plan?
>
> Well, considering they’ve lied to us numerous times over the years with empty promises and letdowns after letdown, I think it’s a fair question all things considered. If it includes Forge/theater/whatever other mode may be available, then it could be justified. But if all of that is available to the free players, then I don’t see what’s so enticing about a 60 dollar campaign. I’m not saying it wont be good, but… c’mon. Every company that gives us the “10 year plan” spiel, (Destiny, Avengers, Anthem, countless others) utterly fail at keeping that promise. So, I think a little bit of skepticism is justified. I’m not being negative towards them, I’m just stating the facts and concerns that they may be high-balling some of us campaign players. I agree with free multiplayer, but not at the expense of the longtime Halo fan who wants the entire experience.

I guess it appeals to different sorts of players. Campaign is a big deal to me and $60 is nothing nowadays so it’s a no brainer, even if the 10 year plan is binned off.

> 2535433178955557;9:
> > 2533274865778947;8:
> > Halo Infinite is a game that is going to be receiving updates post launch.
> > The game’s campaign is set to be updated over time aswell as the multiplayer.
> >
> > Let’s also not forget that Xbox Game Pass exists. If you don’t want to pay $60 you can pay monthly for Game Pass instead and get Halo Infinite for no extra charge aswell as all of the other great games on the service.
>
> Saying “It’s gonna receive updates” isn’t anything special. Every game receives updates. I hope they stick to their “Plan” on updating the story. But, I don’t like going off of “Promises” when it comes to 343. No offense.

“Updates” as in content drops. They’ve talked numerous times about this and have already said they’re working on post launch content in their latest video.

Here’s the thing, if 343 have made a giant U Turn in public opinion on this game and they’re being super consumer friendly with Season Passes & Microtransactions yet you still don’t trust them. What will be enough for you?

343i aren’t here to be mischievous and not support the game they’ve spent years & years making. Their vision is very clear and they’re trying to make a game fans will love.

Sometimes it’s good to have a little faith instead of writing it off immediately.

> 2607664605677189;3:
> > 2535433178955557;1:
> > Simple as that. Please explain.
>
> Complaining about $60 for a game with a confirmed 10 year development plan?

The OP is not complaining, they simply asked why the campaign is £60 when the multiplayer is free. It’s a fair and valid question imo.

> 2592250499819446;13:
> > 2607664605677189;3:
> > > 2535433178955557;1:
> > > Simple as that. Please explain.
> >
> > Complaining about $60 for a game with a confirmed 10 year development plan?
>
> The OP is not complaining, they simply asked why the campaign is £60 when the multiplayer is free. It’s a fair and valid question imo.

I read it as a complaint which is how I believe it was intended

> 2533275015357155;6:
> I think the campaign will get story expansions. Besides 343 needs to make money somehow. I’m fine with it.

Yeah they get money from selling the game. They are doing this just to suck more out of people.

I also don’t understand why they want 60€ from me, like, the MP is free and tbh 343 failed in the last years with every promise they made.

Think I will play the free MP only at the beginning and when the game cost sbetwenn 20€ and 40€ I might buy it.
I just don’t support them with their failures.

> 2533274800264382;15:
> > 2533275015357155;6:
> > I think the campaign will get story expansions. Besides 343 needs to make money somehow. I’m fine with it.
>
> Yeah they get money from selling the game. They are doing this just to suck more out of people.

The game has a 10 year life cycle planned for the campaign - they can’t make a $60 initial investment per player last 10 years without another revenue source.

Easier to monetize MP than campaign.
Keeping people engaged in MP is easier also, you can only modify the campaign so much while the MP can be updated as often as you like to keep it fresh.

So its just business. One time investment vs long-term MP engagement.

> 2607664605677189;17:
> > 2533274800264382;15:
> > > 2533275015357155;6:
> > > I think the campaign will get story expansions. Besides 343 needs to make money somehow. I’m fine with it.
> >
> > Yeah they get money from selling the game. They are doing this just to suck more out of people.
>
> The game has a 10 year life cycle planned for the campaign - they can’t make a $60 initial investment per player last 10 years without another revenue source.

Was it ever confirmed that campaign expansions over those ten years will be free?

Either way, I personally don’t mind paying for the campaign and any future expansions. That’s how economy works: You exchange money for goods.
I’m not sure what OP is confused about here. Do you want to get the campaign free as well?

That being said, first the game needs to be actually worth something. They’re not getting a single cent from me if it is the same hot garbage as H5G.

Theres a gamepass promo right now thats 3 mobths for a dollar. You could get that, 3 months is plenty of time to play the campaign to decide if its worth spendin that 60 bucks to own.