If Mark V Returns...

Will it actually look like the classic Mark V, or will we just get a wanna-be? I ask because known armor customization options are helmet, chest, shoulders, visor, arms, and legs. This means the Mark V we all know (and most of us love) could be accurately recreated, and the “ammo pouch” on the belly could probably be accurately recreated, and likely the same thing with the Mark VI.

Thoughts?

Its a Hard Question, remember that the Mark V was an Old Helmet, especially on the Year 2557 (Halo’s 4 Year according to the Canon), so the Helmet could have a lot of Upgrades, but maby quite similar, idk :stuck_out_tongue:

If it did return it would most likely be a “wanna-be” because of the updated graphics engine and art style.

It’s not a “wanna be” armor. Noble Team was wearing a first gen version of Mark V issued in November 2551 and the Master Chief is wearing a second gen version issued in August 2552.

> Its a Hard Question, remember that the Mark V was an Old Helmet, especially on the Year 2557 (Halo’s 4 Year according to the Canon), so the Helmet could have a lot of Upgrades, but maby quite similar, idk :stuck_out_tongue:

Might be worth mentioning that in Halo 3, the Mark V helmet was an armor permutation despite being obsolete. On the other hand, Multiplayer is going to be canon now. On the third, genetically-grafted hand, it’d make sense to add as many permutations as possible to better personalize our avatars.

> > Its a Hard Question, remember that the Mark V was an Old Helmet, especially on the Year 2557 (Halo’s 4 Year according to the Canon), so the Helmet could have a lot of Upgrades, but maby quite similar, idk :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> Might be worth mentioning that in Halo 3, the Mark V helmet was an armor permutation despite being obsolete. On the other hand, Multiplayer is going to be canon now. On the third, genetically-grafted hand, it’d make sense to add as many permutations as possible to better personalize our avatars.

And on the fourth robot arm.

I hope they don’t change it to much because it’s my all time favourite Halo helmet :slight_smile:

> > > Its a Hard Question, remember that the Mark V was an Old Helmet, especially on the Year 2557 (Halo’s 4 Year according to the Canon), so the Helmet could have a lot of Upgrades, but maby quite similar, idk :stuck_out_tongue:
> >
> > Might be worth mentioning that in Halo 3, the Mark V helmet was an armor permutation despite being obsolete. On the other hand, Multiplayer is going to be canon now. On the third, genetically-grafted hand, it’d make sense to add as many permutations as possible to better personalize our avatars.
>
> And on the fourth robot arm.

^No, just no.

> It’s not a “wanna be” armor. Noble Team was wearing a first gen version of Mark V issued in November 2551 and the Master Chief is wearing a second gen version issued in August 2552.

Actually, I think there was only one generation of Mark V issued in 2550, and John-117 got his issued in 2552 due to combat duties. The Mark V was a lightweight version of the Mark V. And the Mark V recreated in Reach didn’t quite fit the bill, looking, as said, like a wanna-be. Then again, armor fit rather awkwardly on Spartans in Reach, especially on females, but I imagine this will be fixed.

make it like Reach’s one

> > > > Its a Hard Question, remember that the Mark V was an Old Helmet, especially on the Year 2557 (Halo’s 4 Year according to the Canon), so the Helmet could have a lot of Upgrades, but maby quite similar, idk :stuck_out_tongue:
> > >
> > > Might be worth mentioning that in Halo 3, the Mark V helmet was an armor permutation despite being obsolete. On the other hand, Multiplayer is going to be canon now. On the third, genetically-grafted hand, it’d make sense to add as many permutations as possible to better personalize our avatars.
> >
> > And on the fourth robot arm.
>
> ^No, just no.

I wouldn’t say no.

Personally, I wouldn’t complain about prosthetic arms returning, as long as they can be applied to either arm and apply to more than just three pieces of armor. Spartan-IVs are supposed to be heavily-experienced soldiers from each branch, so a lost limb or two would make sense.

> > > > > Its a Hard Question, remember that the Mark V was an Old Helmet, especially on the Year 2557 (Halo’s 4 Year according to the Canon), so the Helmet could have a lot of Upgrades, but maby quite similar, idk :stuck_out_tongue:
> > > >
> > > > Might be worth mentioning that in Halo 3, the Mark V helmet was an armor permutation despite being obsolete. On the other hand, Multiplayer is going to be canon now. On the third, genetically-grafted hand, it’d make sense to add as many permutations as possible to better personalize our avatars.
> > >
> > > And on the fourth robot arm.
> >
> > ^No, just no.
>
> Personally, I wouldn’t complain about prosthetic arms returning, as long as they can be applied to either arm and apply to more than just three pieces of armor. Spartan-IVs are supposed to be heavily-experienced soldiers from each branch, so a lost limb or two would make sense.

Haha, I don’t want them back. I thought they were kind of dumb to be honest. I was just making a joke.

> > It’s not a “wanna be” armor. Noble Team was wearing a first gen version of Mark V issued in November 2551 and the Master Chief is wearing a second gen version issued in August 2552.
>
> Actually, I think there was only one generation of Mark V issued in 2550, and John-117 got his issued in 2552 due to combat duties. The Mark V <strong>was a lightweight version of the Mark V. And the Mark V recreated in Reach didn’t quite fit the bill, looking, as said, like a wanna-be. Then again, armor fit rather awkwardly on Spartans in Reach, especially on females, but I imagine this will be fixed.
[/quote]
Mark V is just a variant of the standard Mark V. The Essential Visual Guide, (as well as the 2011 printing of the Encyclopedia), say that they wore the first issued Mark V. Only Noble Six’s helmet was a Mark V**. Jorge had a Mark IV helmet and Jun had a Mark VI but the basic armor they wore was base Mark V. The Spartan IIs got an upgrade in preparation for RED FLAG.**</strong>

> > > > > > Its a Hard Question, remember that the Mark V was an Old Helmet, especially on the Year 2557 (Halo’s 4 Year according to the Canon), so the Helmet could have a lot of Upgrades, but maby quite similar, idk :stuck_out_tongue:
> > > > >
> > > > > Might be worth mentioning that in Halo 3, the Mark V helmet was an armor permutation despite being obsolete. On the other hand, Multiplayer is going to be canon now. On the third, genetically-grafted hand, it’d make sense to add as many permutations as possible to better personalize our avatars.
> > > >
> > > > And on the fourth robot arm.
> > >
> > > ^No, just no.
> >
> > Personally, I wouldn’t complain about prosthetic arms returning, as long as they can be applied to either arm and apply to more than just three pieces of armor. Spartan-IVs are supposed to be heavily-experienced soldiers from each branch, so a lost limb or two would make sense.
>
> Haha, I don’t want them back. I thought they were kind of dumb to be honest. I was just making a joke.

Well, to each their own.

I bet you never expected to hear that on these forums, huh?

> > > > > > > Its a Hard Question, remember that the Mark V was an Old Helmet, especially on the Year 2557 (Halo’s 4 Year according to the Canon), so the Helmet could have a lot of Upgrades, but maby quite similar, idk :stuck_out_tongue:
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Might be worth mentioning that in Halo 3, the Mark V helmet was an armor permutation despite being obsolete. On the other hand, Multiplayer is going to be canon now. On the third, genetically-grafted hand, it’d make sense to add as many permutations as possible to better personalize our avatars.
> > > > >
> > > > > And on the fourth robot arm.
> > > >
> > > > ^No, just no.
> > >
> > > Personally, I wouldn’t complain about prosthetic arms returning, as long as they can be applied to either arm and apply to more than just three pieces of armor. Spartan-IVs are supposed to be heavily-experienced soldiers from each branch, so a lost limb or two would make sense.
> >
> > Haha, I don’t want them back. I thought they were kind of dumb to be honest. I was just making a joke.
>
> Well, to each their own.
>
> I bet you never expected to hear that on these forums, huh?

Well, I wouldn’t go off generalizing the entire community. There are some good people and some bad people here. Although I think we should drop that subject before the topic goes south.

> > > > > > > > Its a Hard Question, remember that the Mark V was an Old Helmet, especially on the Year 2557 (Halo’s 4 Year according to the Canon), so the Helmet could have a lot of Upgrades, but maby quite similar, idk :stuck_out_tongue:
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Might be worth mentioning that in Halo 3, the Mark V helmet was an armor permutation despite being obsolete. On the other hand, Multiplayer is going to be canon now. On the third, genetically-grafted hand, it’d make sense to add as many permutations as possible to better personalize our avatars.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > And on the fourth robot arm.
> > > > >
> > > > > ^No, just no.
> > > >
> > > > Personally, I wouldn’t complain about prosthetic arms returning, as long as they can be applied to either arm and apply to more than just three pieces of armor. Spartan-IVs are supposed to be heavily-experienced soldiers from each branch, so a lost limb or two would make sense.
> > >
> > > Haha, I don’t want them back. I thought they were kind of dumb to be honest. I was just making a joke.
> >
> > Well, to each their own.
> >
> > I bet you never expected to hear that on these forums, huh?
>
> Well, I would go off generalizing the entire community. There are some good people and some bad people here. Although I think we should drop that subject before the topic goes south.

I realize there are good people on these forums. I also realize that it’s the bad ones that give us a reputation.

Now then. Moving on.