If it's not too much too much to ask 343i...

Can you please address the status of dedicated servers in one of these updates soon? Party system, custom games, and general stability is all good, but how about at least letting us know what’s up with the dedicated servers. The community would appreciate it if it’s not too much too much to ask 343i. You know, since it was advertised as such and all…

> 2623078711548192;1:
> Can you please address the status of dedicated servers in one of these updates soon? Party system, custom games, and general stability is all good, but how about at least letting us know what’s up with the dedicated servers. The community would appreciate it if it’s not too much too much to ask 343i. You know, since it was advertised as such and all…

If you don’t mind telling me, what are dedicated servers? I googled it but I didn’t find anything, feel free to leave a link, I would rather here it from a person that isn’t technical, I suppose.

Historically, games have been hosted by someone that is in the match with a good connection. That is why when that person quits out, we would be stuck on a black screen waiting for the game to find a new host. The problem with that system was it opens the match up to exploits and the host typically has an advantage because they have no latency to themselves. The rest of the match can be subject to lag or just overall delays in shot registration or other latency effects.

Dedicated servers are servers designed to host the game for us. So users can quit the game with no disruption to gameplay, nobody has a host advantage, and they should minimize lag for all in the game.

Microsoft’s Azure server system is supposed to be used for Halo MCC. It is also used for Titanfall. They were touted to be the biggest and baddest server system around. Battlefield has dedicated servers hosted by EA and Dice. Even other users pay to host their own cloud server space. Titanfall works perfectly with Microsoft’s servers. Halo MCC does not and has since reverted back to using the original peer to peer style of hosted gameplay. It is among the issues 343i is dealing with in repairing this game with their user side content updates and server side updates.

My answer may not be 100% accurate but it is generally a correct explanation.

If you are just trolling me, hopefully it helps explain it in general for anyone else. If you’re not, I hope I kept it simple enough for you and it helped explain.

Here is a link to good article from Respawn the developers of Titanfall that may explain it better:

http://www.respawn.com/news/lets-talk-about-the-xbox-live-cloud/

Stay strong Spartan!

I too would like an update. I tweeted them months ago, prior to release about how the multiplayer would work, and if we would have regional matchmkaing etc…I got a tweet back saying “we are doing one better, dedicated servers!” …S
Im thinking it will be months before we see it on dedicated servers working flawlessly.

I agree i think dedicated servers will be a way down their long list of crucial bugs, as it only improves gameplay and isnt a fix

Was there any mention of dedicated servers in the update notes they have provided most recently? I did not see any mention of them but perhaps someone knows of a tweet from Bravo or some other recent update? I would really like to experience this matchmaking on dedicated servers as I know many of us do!

Look on the bright side. The standby bug is a thing of the past…

Is it? I know dedicated servers would cure this but didn’t realize the existing p2p system was exploit free.