If it plays like Halo, chances are I'll enjoy it.

Before I begin, if you believe that Reach isn’t “Halo” because of Bloom and AA’s, then just shut up right now. I dealt with enough of that crap on Bnet, and I’m hoping against hope that this place is a tad more mature.

I consider myself an all around Halo “fan”. Please read, not fanBOY. FAN.

I loved the 16 player LAN parties on Blood Gulch in CE.
I loved the rare opportunities I got to get on XBL with Halo 2.
I loved finally getting an XBL connection of my very own for Halo 3.
I loved hosting a live internet stream for 17 weeks with ODST Firefight.
I loved the twist Armor Abilities brought to the Reach MP experience.

Was I furious that the AR was useful in Halo 3 after dual SMGs didn’t hold a prayer in 2? No.
Did I -Yoink- and moan when the BR was the most common weapon in Halo 3? No, I loved SWAT.
Do I go onto the forums and rage when someone Armor Locks, denying me a kill? Even EMPing meleeing me sometimes? No. 300 Rejection medals, here.

So if you DON’T REALLY CARE about the fate of Armor Abilities, Bloom, etc, please post here. Halo Reach was a slightly new direction. Maybe Halo 4 will be another new direction. We’ve just got to learn to go with the flow, instead of demanding that developers bow to our every whim so that we win every encounter, or take every single unpredictable moment out of matchmaking.

There IS a balance between hardcore and casual. 343 just has to nail it to please both crowds.

[/soapbox]

> Before I begin, if you believe that Reach isn’t “Halo” because of Bloom and AA’s, then just shut up right now. I dealt with enough of that crap on Bnet, and I’m hoping against hope that this place is a tad more mature.
>
> I consider myself an all around Halo “fan”. Please read, not fanBOY. FAN.
>
> I loved the 16 player LAN parties on Blood Gulch in CE.
> I loved the rare opportunities I got to get on XBL with Halo 2.
> I loved finally getting an XBL connection of my very own for Halo 3.
> I loved hosting a live internet stream for 17 weeks with ODST Firefight.
> I loved the twist Armor Abilities brought to the Reach MP experience.
>
> Was I furious that the AR was useful in Halo 3 after dual SMGs didn’t hold a prayer in 2? No.
> Did I Yoink! and moan when the BR was the most common weapon in Halo 3? No, I loved SWAT.
> Do I go onto the forums and rage when someone Armor Locks, denying me a kill? Even EMPing meleeing me sometimes? No. 300 Rejection medals, here.
>
> So if you DON’T REALLY CARE about the fate of Armor Abilities, Bloom, etc, please post here. Halo Reach was a slightly new direction. Maybe Halo 4 will be another new direction. We’ve just got to learn to go with the flow, instead of demanding that developers bow to our every whim so that we win every encounter, or take every single unpredictable moment out of matchmaking.
>
> There IS a balance between hardcore and casual. 343 just has to nail it to please both crowds.
>
> [/soapbox]

I’m not hating on armor abilities. But that doesn’t mean I think Bloom/Armor Lock/ and the credit system should be in Halo 4. I’m just glad they experiminted with a spin off and didn’t wreck the main storyline. by adding stuff like that in H4.

Solution: Give us the options to remove the stuff we don’t like.

Individual Weapon Traits is the last option we need. After we have that, we pretty much have the options to play the game however we want to.

Reach isn’t Halo.

It’s a great game, but not Halo.

I think thats why people don’t like Reach. It doesn’t play like Halo.

You move slowe, jump lower, and the shooting is all changed. The only thing similar is a lack of iron sights.

BTW if ironsights are in Halo 4 my soul will be crushed…

> I think thats why people don’t like Reach. It doesn’t play like Halo.
>
> You move slowe, jump lower, and the shooting is all changed.

And yet in Halo CE, so supposed God of the Halo series, you moved slower, jumped lower, and the combats systems were completely unlike an other Halo game. Halo Reach is actually a lot closer to Halo CE than Halos 2 or 3.

staying true to halo huh? i think ‘staying true’ to halo just means removing skill gap with every subsequent release because thats whats been observed for the past 3 releases.

halo 1 skill gap
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

halo 2 skill gap
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

halo 3 skill gap
+++++++++++++++++++++

halo reach skill gap
++++++

whats next? cooking tips for the soccer mom gamers who the game is catered to in the loading screens?

halo reach is still a halo game, but its an atrocious one in the eyes of the competitive crowd. the competitive crowd was completely alienated by the game being SPECIFICALLY CATERED TO CASUAL PLAYERS.

dont believe me?

jet pack starts in arena say otherwise.

we also have mini nuke grenades.

random 1v1 DMR battles when someone is spamming. shoot better? too bad, spamming will beat you at mid range a noticeable amount of the time.

a melee system that actually ENCOURAGES skill-less play (sprint + melee + melee… why shoot in close combat when smacking is more advantageous most of the time?)

and armor lock.

this game is a mess of terrible mechanics. if the next game is to play like ‘halo’ they should keep 3 things from reach

1.) hitscan gameplay. this was an epic win. good job bungie!
2.) sword block. finally the person who finds the random kid with a sword camping a corner has a chance instead of just instant death.
3.) forge 2.0’s improvements.

and maybe even keep bloom if they can tweak it to make the person who shoots better win 100% of the time, and to punish spamming at EVERY RANGE, making it ATROCIOUS to do so NO ONE DOES IT.

I don’t like competitive gamers.

I’m not casual, I’m not competitive. I’m right in the middle. I play to win, but I also want to have fun, win or lose.

Here’s what I hated about Halo 3:
Attitude. If you weren’t a 50 you were treated like scum of the earth. 49? You suck. 45? Go kill yourself.

That’s the main reason why I don’t want to see a return to the 1-50 rank system. People who aren’t as good, but still play ALOT deserve a just reward too.

When I get out of a game, and I didn’t do my best, I like it when the opposing team, and teammates go:
“Good game, guys.” and “Better luck next time.”

Sadly, those days are long gone. Now it’s:
“OMFG you suck, Your K/D is pathetic.”

Games need to be less about the damn numbers and stats and just get back to HAVING FUN.

You have valid points, but a balance has to be found, because right now, for the past 4 years, I’ve largely despised the Halo Community.

> br />There IS a balance between hardcore and casual. 343 just has to nail it to please both crowds.
>
> [/soapbox]

Yeah, but the thing is they havent really nailed it since HCE. Halo 2 was also good, but lets be honest the aim skill from HCE to H2 was butchered obviously to make it easier for casual gamers. Even button combos were removed, when they only were used in the upper echelon of Halo gameplay and added depth to the game.

Competitve gameplay has taken a back seat to gimmicks and shallow gameplay. It shows in the gameplay, the maps, the ranking system, the weapons, the game mechanics, and the playlist updates which have nearly all been for social playlists. Look at what MLG had to do to Reach to make it half-way competitve, they ripped the whole game apart from movement speeds to removing nearly all of the AA’s as loadouts. If they wanted to kill of the competitve fanbase, they suceeded in doing so.

Its a damn shame what Halo COULD of been as a casual/competitve FPS, and what it has become in Reach and that is where all the outrage is coming from.Who knows after this TU Reach could become good, but people are not blowing smoke up your -Yoink- here Reach really has some problems.

The key really in mantaining that casual/competitve fanbase is not catering to anyone in the default like HCE/H2 did but it seems like they want to add gimmicky things equipment and AA’s to the golden triangle AND THEN FORCE THEM ON EVERYONE, then we will never see that balance achieved again. They just need to add depth to the game and everyone will be happy, not gimmicks.

Give me Halo 3’s gameplay and Reach’s ranking system and armor customization and I’ll be happy.

But for the love of God leave that 1-50 holier-than-thou attitude back in 3.

> -never in the history of halo has someone who shot technically ‘worse’, or ‘less optimally’ been rewarded with a kill. in halo reach, spam your balls off at mid range, and you’ll win against someone who was pacing their shots with a flawless cadence AND hitting EVERY SINGLE SHOT about 15% of the time.

I give you: the BR. It was spam-tastic!

> -never in the history of halo has the primary weapon spawn for competitive games boiled down to a COIN FLIP race to see which person can land 4 spammed shots first.

Again: the BR

> -never in the history of halo has a player been given the ability to get out of literally damn near EVERY SINGLE non-sniper-bullet-to-the-face kill with 6+ seconds of INVINCIBILITY with the touch of ONE SINGLE BUTTON.

I have to give you this one. Used to be an avid AL user, but I stopped, and now I see the issues it

> -never in the history of halo has map control been thrown COMPLETELY out the window with the inclusion of ANYTHING (except maybe super bounces in halo 2, which are regarded as HORRIBLE for halo by 99.99999999% of the community in the first place)

-Yoink- the Jetpack, I agree (with the exception of gametypes like Invasion)

> -never in the history of halo have grenades been damn near impossible to dodge by movement alone.

Halo: CE. While grenades did have a slightly longer fuse, they were about as powerful as grenades were in the Halo Reach Beta

> -never in the history of halo has the viability of shooting to get ahead in close combat been thrown out the window by a melee system -some- of the time. close combat battles have ALWAYS given the kill to the person who performed the more skillful action. in halo reach, you just sprint then melee twice because 'no bleed’z got your back.

Another I have to agree with. Then again, up until Halo 3, it took more than 2 melees to kill someone. Still…

So, in the end, let us hope that 343 will fix all.

> > br />There IS a balance between hardcore and casual. 343 just has to nail it to please both crowds.
> >
> > [/soapbox]
>
> Yeah, but the thing is they havent really nailed it since HCE. Halo 2 was also good, but lets be honest the aim skill from HCE to H2 was butchered obviously to make it easier for casual gamers. Even button combos were removed, when they only were used in the upper echelon of Halo gameplay and added depth to the game.
>
> Competitve gameplay has taken a back seat to gimmicks and shallow gameplay. It shows in the gameplay, the maps, the ranking system, the weapons, the game mechanics, and the playlist updates which have nearly all been for social playlists. Look at what MLG had to do to Reach to make it half-way competitve, they ripped the whole game apart from movement speeds to removing nearly all of the AA’s as loadouts. If they wanted to kill of the competitve fanbase, they suceeded in doing so.
>
> Its a damn shame what Halo COULD of been as a casual/competitve FPS, and what it has become in Reach and that is where all the outrage is coming from.Who knows after this TU Reach could become good, but people are not blowing smoke up your Yoink! here Reach really has some problems.
>
> The key really in mantaining that casual/competitve fanbase is not catering to anyone in the default like HCE/H2 did but it seems like they want to add gimmicky things equipment and AA’s to the golden triangle AND THEN FORCE THEM ON EVERYONE, then we will never see that balance achieved again. They just need to add depth to the game and everyone will be happy, not gimmicks.

this. nice post desktop :smiley:

> I don’t like competitive gamers.
>
> I’m not casual, I’m not competitive. I’m right in the middle. I play to win, but I also want to have fun, win or lose.
>
> Here’s what I hated about Halo 3:
> Attitude. If you weren’t a 50 you were treated like scum of the earth. 49? You suck. 45? Go kill yourself.
>
> That’s the main reason why I don’t want to see a return to the 1-50 rank system. People who aren’t as good, but still play ALOT deserve a just reward too.
>
> When I get out of a game, and I didn’t do my best, I like it when the opposing team, and teammates go:
> “Good game, guys.” and “Better luck next time.”
>
> Sadly, those days are long gone. Now it’s:
> “OMFG you suck, Your K/D is pathetic.”
>
> Games need to be less about the damn numbers and stats and just get back to HAVING FUN.
>
> You have valid points, but a balance has to be found, because right now, for the past 4 years, I’ve largely despised the Halo Community.

i dont think its that you like competitive gamers. i think its that you dont like MOST competitive gamers.

you are right tho, a lot of competitive gamers are stat whores who will talk -Yoink- if you arent a 50 in halo 3.

lastly, balance doesnt really need to be found. if 343 makes halo 4 (or post-TU halo reach) work for the competitive players, then actually implement a matchmaking system that GHASP ACTUALLY PUTS LIKE-SKILLED PEOPLE TOGETHER everyone will benefit.

theres a lot of mechanics in reach that dont actually benefit anyone.

like… when someone shoots better, and loses to the kid just mashing his trigger in a 1v1 DMR battle. who benefits here? neither person. the kid who shoots better often times wont even know it, and get discouraged for not being able to win DMR battles. the kid who mashes his R trigger will lose the majority of the time against someone who paces his shots. if the kid mashing his R trigger runs into someone shooting properly (or trying to) and has mediocre accuracy, like 75% accuracy, the spammers chances of winning the 1v1 DMR battle go up a LOT.

how about no bleed melees? who benefits from these? the melee system is so unintuitive bungie had to make a guide to melee battles, which is hilarious. what they left out of said guide was that some of the time shooting simply is NOT VIABLE to get you ahead, or have ANY impact on the outcome of the battle. in halos 1, 2, and 3, the person who did the more skillful action in the close combat battle involving at least 1 melee won the battle. in halo reach, often times the person doing the most straight forward, skill-less action will win by simply sprinting, then meleeing twice.

how about mini nuke grenades? who benefits from these? its nice that now less skilled players can use grenades better, but that doesnt help them improve at the game. when people are given room to improve they will like the game more in the long run because they’ll be able to see their hard work and dedication pay off.

and armor lock? this one doesnt even need an explanation its so awful.

and jet pack? how does this benefit anyone? sure its fun for some people to fly around, i get that. but what about the people who are trying to play a SERIOUS game of halo? halo has literally been transformed into little kiddy playtimes instead of being a skill-based FPS game. spawn with jet pack -> throw the concept of ‘map control’ out the window. jet pack is even in TEAM ARENA! facepalm

my point is, in halo reach, the removed a MASSIVE chunk of the skill gap out of almost everything in favor of helping the average player do better. even a TERRIBLE player can press his armor lock button for long enough for his decent teammates to save him. lower skill gap just makes the game less enjoyable for everyone in the long run. most people playing reach who like it havent gotten to the level of halo play where they see their improvement, so they cant see how the shoddy mechanics effect them negatively.

i’d rather have halo return to being this powerhouse of SKILL-BASED gameplay that rewarded people playing skillfully. i’d rather have halo return to being a game with a TREMENDOUS skill gap paired with a non-laughable matchmaking system (the one in reach would be super hard to be any worse than it currently is lol). with more skill gap people who actually try to get better will see their improvement. with low skill gap the same bad habits and skill-less game play is rewarded or doesnt matter as much so the same bad player makes the same bad mistakes and eventually doesnt like the game.

thats the way i see it anyways.

> > -never in the history of halo has someone who shot technically ‘worse’, or ‘less optimally’ been rewarded with a kill. in halo reach, spam your balls off at mid range, and you’ll win against someone who was pacing their shots with a flawless cadence AND hitting EVERY SINGLE SHOT about 15% of the time.
>
> I give you: the BR. It was spam-tastic!

Not in the way that DMR battles are always won by someone repetitively spamming the trigger and aiming somewhere near your head. At least in it’s most recent iteration the BR wasn’t a hitscan weapon so you had to lead it at significant range. If you were up against someone decent they would strafe, maybe jump, possibly Ghandi-hop, stuff like that, that would make it impossible for anyone to merely just spam the trigger and win.

> I don’t like competitive gamers.
>
> I’m not casual, I’m not competitive. I’m right in the middle. I play to win, but I also want to have fun, win or lose.
>
> Here’s what I hated about Halo 3:
> Attitude. If you weren’t a 50 you were treated like scum of the earth. 49? You suck. 45? Go kill yourself.
>
> That’s the main reason why I don’t want to see a return to the 1-50 rank system. People who aren’t as good, but still play ALOT deserve a just reward too.
>
> When I get out of a game, and I didn’t do my best, I like it when the opposing team, and teammates go:
> “Good game, guys.” and “Better luck next time.”
>
> Sadly, those days are long gone. Now it’s:
> “OMFG you suck, Your K/D is pathetic.”
>
> Games need to be less about the damn numbers and stats and just get back to HAVING FUN.
>
> You have valid points, but a balance has to be found, because right now, for the past 4 years, I’ve largely despised the Halo Community.

Why are you blaming your bad experience with Halo 3 on the ranking system? I’m a 33 and I have not been treated like the scum of the earth. In fact, the only time I’ve been treated like the scum of the earth is when I didn’t play well. When I didn’t contribute to the team. So maybe you just played with a bunch of jerks or something but I don’t see why you would blame it on the ranking system…

A lot of people believe the 1-50 system is better simply because it matches skill better.

And on another note, I have fun looking at stats of my teammates and myself. Other people have different ways of having fun.

> I give you: the BR. It was spam-tastic!

first of all no one ‘spammed’ the BR. it had a set fire rate, so everyone fired at the same speed. spamming is widely accepted as doing something more than usual, the BR was not shot faster than usual. it was shot at a universal speed.

and except for a few cases of host advantage, massive lag, or -Yoink!- bullet spread… the person who shot the BR better won the 1v1 BR battle.

> Again: the BR

close combat BR battles arent coin flip battles. its shoot better -> win. thats how it worked damn near every single time except for a few cases of host advantage, massive lag, or -Yoink!- bullet spread.

> Halo: CE. While grenades did have a slightly longer fuse, they were about as powerful as grenades were in the Halo Reach Beta

thats the main problem, the fuse time. in CE you can reasonably dodge a grenade by strafing / moving. in reach you cannot.

> > I give you: the BR. It was spam-tastic!
>
> first of all no one ‘spammed’ the BR. it had a set fire rate, so everyone fired at the same speed. spamming is widely accepted as doing something more than usual, the BR was not shot faster than usual. it was shot at a universal speed.
>
> and except for a few cases of host advantage, massive lag, or -Yoink!- bullet spread… the person who shot the BR better won the 1v1 BR battle.
>
>
> > Again: the BR
>
> close combat BR battles arent coin flip battles. its shoot better → win. thats how it worked damn near every single time except for a few cases of host advantage, massive lag, or -Yoink!- bullet spread.
>
>
> > Halo: CE. While grenades did have a slightly longer fuse, they were about as powerful as grenades were in the Halo Reach Beta
>
> thats the main problem, the fuse time. in CE you can reasonably dodge a grenade by strafing / moving. in reach you cannot.

The BR was a horrible weapon that favored who shot first more than who was more skilled (this due to the set firing rate). The DMR needs fixing, but it’s a more skillful weapon than the BR (which was also way overpowered). With the BR, you didn’t need to shoot better, you needed to shoot first.

In Halo CE, you moved like a slug (again, while not as fast as Halo 2 or 3, you move faster than you did in CE). The Grenade fuse was shortened to account for this increased movement.

> > > I give you: the BR. It was spam-tastic!
> >
> > first of all no one ‘spammed’ the BR. it had a set fire rate, so everyone fired at the same speed. spamming is widely accepted as doing something more than usual, the BR was not shot faster than usual. it was shot at a universal speed.
> >
> > and except for a few cases of host advantage, massive lag, or -Yoink!- bullet spread… the person who shot the BR better won the 1v1 BR battle.
> >
> >
> > > Again: the BR
> >
> > close combat BR battles arent coin flip battles. its shoot better → win. thats how it worked damn near every single time except for a few cases of host advantage, massive lag, or -Yoink!- bullet spread.
> >
> >
> > > Halo: CE. While grenades did have a slightly longer fuse, they were about as powerful as grenades were in the Halo Reach Beta
> >
> > thats the main problem, the fuse time. in CE you can reasonably dodge a grenade by strafing / moving. in reach you cannot.
>
> The BR was a horrible weapon that favored who shot first more than who was more skilled (this due to the set firing rate). The DMR needs fixing, but it’s a more skillful weapon than the BR (which was also way overpowered). With the BR, you didn’t need to shoot better, you needed to shoot first.
>
> In Halo CE, you moved like a slug (again, while not as fast as Halo 2 or 3, you move faster than you did in CE). The Grenade fuse was shortened to account for this increased movement.

if you get the first shot, then miss once, you are on even terms. the person who shot better with the BR won. if you got the first shot, then followed up with flawless aim you would win, but thats how it should be in the first place. you shouldnt be able to eat the first few bullets, then simply spam to victory; thats illogical.

and in CE you move pretty fast actually. the fuse time on grenades in CE was probably the longest of all of the halo games.

> > I give you: the BR. It was spam-tastic!
>
> first of all no one ‘spammed’ the BR. it had a set fire rate, so everyone fired at the same speed. spamming is widely accepted as doing something more than usual, the BR was not shot faster than usual. it was shot at a universal speed.
>
> and except for a few cases of host advantage, massive lag, or -Yoink!- bullet spread… the person who shot the BR better won the 1v1 BR battle.
>
>
> > Again: the BR
>
> close combat BR battles arent coin flip battles. its shoot better → win. thats how it worked damn near every single time except for a few cases of host advantage, massive lag, or -Yoink!- bullet spread.
>
>
> > Halo: CE. While grenades did have a slightly longer fuse, they were about as powerful as grenades were in the Halo Reach Beta
>
> thats the main problem, the fuse time. in CE you can reasonably dodge a grenade by strafing / moving. in reach you cannot.

No one spammed the BR? Really, what about the numerous kids with rapid fire controllers that sped it up and removed reloading.

A lot of what you complain about with grenades is because now you are a Spartan III not a Spartan II like you were in Halo CE, 2 and 3. Spartans III don’t jump as high, move as fast.

> > I don’t like competitive gamers.
> >
> > I’m not casual, I’m not competitive. I’m right in the middle. I play to win, but I also want to have fun, win or lose.
> >
> > Here’s what I hated about Halo 3:
> > Attitude. If you weren’t a 50 you were treated like scum of the earth. 49? You suck. 45? Go kill yourself.
> >
> > That’s the main reason why I don’t want to see a return to the 1-50 rank system. People who aren’t as good, but still play ALOT deserve a just reward too.
> >
> > When I get out of a game, and I didn’t do my best, I like it when the opposing team, and teammates go:
> > “Good game, guys.” and “Better luck next time.”
> >
> > Sadly, those days are long gone. Now it’s:
> > “OMFG you suck, Your K/D is pathetic.”
> >
> > Games need to be less about the damn numbers and stats and just get back to HAVING FUN.
> >
> > You have valid points, but a balance has to be found, because right now, for the past 4 years, I’ve largely despised the Halo Community.
>
> Why are you blaming your bad experience with Halo 3 on the ranking system? I’m a 33 and I have not been treated like the scum of the earth. In fact, the only time I’ve been treated like the scum of the earth is when I didn’t play well. When I didn’t contribute to the team. So maybe you just played with a bunch of jerks or something but I don’t see why you would blame it on the ranking system…
>
> A lot of people believe the 1-50 system is better simply because it matches skill better.
>
> And on another note, I have fun looking at stats of my teammates and myself. Other people have different ways of having fun.

Oh how quickly people forget.

The immaturity with the the 1-50 ranking system was all over the place. BNET was full of it, “OMG look we have a Staff Captain” “OMG he has gold bars”. The forums were full of it, constant ridicule and childish behaviour over pixels by your name. It got hurrendous, it went to personal attacks on the individual, day in and day out there were numerous post with vile disgusting abuse thrown at people with gold bars.

In game was just as bad, people start mocking, which then turns to racism and sexism and yes it happened a lot and not just to myself and my wife to numerous other people.

When your own forums and game is full of hate, vile and disgust over a way to measure your e-peen what as a game developer are you going to do? Yes remove it. Smart move.

Then you had all the numerous multiple accounts which ruined the match making system for everyone else. You never knew if you were going to play a genuine 50, a bought 50 or a boosted 50. You didn’t know if you were going play a genuine 50 or a 50 posing as a sergeant or in fact a sergeant posing as a 50 on his bought account.

> Oh how quickly people forget.
>
> The immaturity with the the 1-50 ranking system was all over the place. BNET was full of it, “OMG look we have a Staff Captain” “OMG he has gold bars”. The forums were full of it, constant ridicule and childish behaviour over pixels by your name. It got hurrendous, it went to personal attacks on the individual, day in and day out there were numerous post with vile disgusting abuse thrown at people with gold bars.
>
> In game was just as bad, people start mocking, which then turns to racism and sexism and yes it happened a lot and not just to myself and my wife to numerous other people.
>
> When your own forums and game is full of hate, vile and disgust over a way to measure your e-peen what as a game developer are you going to do? Yes remove it. Smart move.
>
> Then you had all the numerous multiple accounts which ruined the match making system for everyone else. You never knew if you were going to play a genuine 50, a bought 50 or a boosted 50. You didn’t know if you were going play a genuine 50 or a 50 posing as a sergeant or in fact a sergeant posing as a 50 on his bought account.

Wow. You were definitely in the thick of it. Yeah. I see what you mean. But how can we fault the ranking system? If you see what I’m saying. It’s not like Bungie held forced all of these people to act this way. You see what I’m saying? These were immature fools trying to get their e-peen going. Let’s put the responsibility back where it belonged, on those immature people who probably shouldn’t have been playing the M rated game anyway (although I’m 100% sure there were quite a few adults also).

Unfortunately, anything that is competitive breeds elitism. Unfortunately, you got some of the worst of it. On a strictly gameplay level, however, the 1-50 system forced good, competitive matches. A good majority of players like that. In Reach, people don’t care that much about winning because there is no consequence if you do lose except maybe less credits and that’s a maybe because credits is also largely based off of performance, commendations and completing challenges and the lot machine if you’re lucky. The 1-50 system was better for general skill base. Yes, you had restarters and posers but that wasn’t terribly frequent, at least in my experience.

What happened in 3 isn’t happening as much in Reach but that’s because the competition isn’t as stiff. I suppose that is a good thing for people who don’t care as much, such as yourself, I’m assuming?