If Infinite is the last game!?

What are we going to do? This can’t be the end! What are your thoughts?

> 2535413107551836;1:
> What are we going to do? This can’t be the end! What are your thoughts?

Halo: Infinite is supposed to last 10 years; that’s roughly three generations of consoles. Even if it is the last game, 30 years of being around is impressive and if the well isn’t dry by that point, the franchise deserves to be put down for a nap while 343i, or whoever is running the show by that point, figures out where the franchise goes from there.

We continue to play the Halo games that we love?

I watched a thing on Bioshock infinite and there is a saying that goes “there is always a lighthouse, always a man, always a city” within the thing I watched. With that being said it was said the Bioshock developers used infinite in there last title so that they could open up the universe and visit different places without the series getting stale and constantly going back to rapture. It is with that info I speculate that 343 used the word infinite so that they could do something similar with the Halo franchise. I think they want to do away with Master chief and introduce new characters, planets and stories but this is just me speculating.

> 2533274807802500;4:
> I watched a thing on Bioshock infinite and there is a saying that goes “there is always a lighthouse, always a man, always a city” within the thing I watched. With that being said it was said the Bioshock developers used infinite in there last title so that they could open up the universe and visit different places without the series getting stale and constantly going back to rapture. It is with that info I speculate that 343 used the word infinite so that they could do something similar with the Halo franchise. I think they want to do away with Master chief and introduce new characters, planets and stories but this is just me speculating.

Eliminating Master Chief would be a horrible move. Also I very much enjoy the campaigns. Multi-player was not bad but the campaigns are amazing

> 2533274809226598;2:
> > 2535413107551836;1:
> > What are we going to do? This can’t be the end! What are your thoughts?
>
> Halo: Infinite is supposed to last 10 years; that’s roughly three generations of consoles. Even if it is the last game, 30 years of being around is impressive and if the well isn’t dry by that point, the franchise deserves to be put down for a nap while 343i, or whoever is running the show by that point, figures out where the franchise goes from there.

I doubt it will be 3 new generations of consoles. Looks like Microst will have the Series X/S around for 4+ years

> 2535413107551836;5:
> > 2533274807802500;4:
> > I watched a thing on Bioshock infinite and there is a saying that goes “there is always a lighthouse, always a man, always a city” within the thing I watched. With that being said it was said the Bioshock developers used infinite in there last title so that they could open up the universe and visit different places without the series getting stale and constantly going back to rapture. It is with that info I speculate that 343 used the word infinite so that they could do something similar with the Halo franchise. I think they want to do away with Master chief and introduce new characters, planets and stories but this is just me speculating.
>
> Eliminating Master Chief would be a horrible move. Also I very much enjoy the campaigns. Multi-player was not bad but the campaigns are amazing

I know it wouldn’t be a popular move but it is just a thought. I am just thinking of the longevity of the franchise and wondering how they can continue to use Master chief.

> 2533274807802500;7:
> > 2535413107551836;5:
> > > 2533274807802500;4:
> > > I watched a thing on Bioshock infinite and there is a saying that goes “there is always a lighthouse, always a man, always a city” within the thing I watched. With that being said it was said the Bioshock developers used infinite in there last title so that they could open up the universe and visit different places without the series getting stale and constantly going back to rapture. It is with that info I speculate that 343 used the word infinite so that they could do something similar with the Halo franchise. I think they want to do away with Master chief and introduce new characters, planets and stories but this is just me speculating.
> >
> > Eliminating Master Chief would be a horrible move. Also I very much enjoy the campaigns. Multi-player was not bad but the campaigns are amazing
>
> I know it wouldn’t be a popular move but it is just a thought. I am just thinking of the longevity of the franchise and wondering how they can continue to use Master chief.

Unfortunately, I believe he is right, Halo is 20 friggin years old, it will be 30 when Infinites ends its run. The Chief can only go on for so long right? The chief might have to go sometime soon and put this beloved franchise to an end. There’s only so much time the series can go on.

> 2533274807802500;4:
> I watched a thing on Bioshock infinite and there is a saying that goes “there is always a lighthouse, always a man, always a city” within the thing I watched. With that being said it was said the Bioshock developers used infinite in there last title so that they could open up the universe and visit different places without the series getting stale and constantly going back to rapture. It is with that info I speculate that 343 used the word infinite so that they could do something similar with the Halo franchise. I think they want to do away with Master chief and introduce new characters, planets and stories but this is just me speculating.

As someone who has recently been going through the series, including non-game content, I don’t think this is a bad move. As long as chief doesn’t die, and is always somewhere out there in the galaxy, I’m ready to explore more of the Halo universe in games. Nightfall in particular I though gave halo so much more life than it had before.

I just hope they give chief a good finale, and give us cameos in the future. But hey if we are getting him for the next 10 years anyways, then I think that should satiate people.

> 2535424974868674;8:
> > 2533274807802500;7:
> > > 2535413107551836;5:
> > > > 2533274807802500;4:
> > > > I watched a thing on Bioshock infinite and there is a saying that goes “there is always a lighthouse, always a man, always a city” within the thing I watched. With that being said it was said the Bioshock developers used infinite in there last title so that they could open up the universe and visit different places without the series getting stale and constantly going back to rapture. It is with that info I speculate that 343 used the word infinite so that they could do something similar with the Halo franchise. I think they want to do away with Master chief and introduce new characters, planets and stories but this is just me speculating.
> > >
> > > Eliminating Master Chief would be a horrible move. Also I very much enjoy the campaigns. Multi-player was not bad but the campaigns are amazing
> >
> > I know it wouldn’t be a popular move but it is just a thought. I am just thinking of the longevity of the franchise and wondering how they can continue to use Master chief.
>
> Unfortunately, I believe he is right, Halo is 20 friggin years old, it will be 30 when Infinites ends its run. The Chief can only go on for so long right? The chief might have to go sometime soon and put this beloved franchise to an end. There’s only so much time the series can go on.

It would be cool to see a failure with the loss of Chief like when Reach fell.

I highly doubt this will be the last Halo game . I’m sure 343i has many more things they want to do with the series. The scope of Halo is huge and there is so much they can do with it even if Infinite is the end of chief’s story (I really hope it isn’t). As long as the fans are still interested I think they could make a fair few more spin off games or something too.

> 2535413107551836;10:
> > 2535424974868674;8:
> > > 2533274807802500;7:
> > > > 2535413107551836;5:
> > > > > 2533274807802500;4:
> > > > > I watched a thing on Bioshock infinite and there is a saying that goes “there is always a lighthouse, always a man, always a city” within the thing I watched. With that being said it was said the Bioshock developers used infinite in there last title so that they could open up the universe and visit different places without the series getting stale and constantly going back to rapture. It is with that info I speculate that 343 used the word infinite so that they could do something similar with the Halo franchise. I think they want to do away with Master chief and introduce new characters, planets and stories but this is just me speculating.
> > > >
> > > > Eliminating Master Chief would be a horrible move. Also I very much enjoy the campaigns. Multi-player was not bad but the campaigns are amazing
> > >
> > > I know it wouldn’t be a popular move but it is just a thought. I am just thinking of the longevity of the franchise and wondering how they can continue to use Master chief.
> >
> > Unfortunately, I believe he is right, Halo is 20 friggin years old, it will be 30 when Infinites ends its run. The Chief can only go on for so long right? The chief might have to go sometime soon and put this beloved franchise to an end. There’s only so much time the series can go on.
>
> It would be cool to see a failure with the loss of Chief like when Reach fell.

If 343i kills Chief, i’ll be leading the assault on their studio

> 2535445440275012;12:
> > 2535413107551836;10:
> > > 2535424974868674;8:
> > > > 2533274807802500;7:
> > > > > 2535413107551836;5:
> > > > > > 2533274807802500;4:
> > > > > > I watched a thing on Bioshock infinite and there is a saying that goes “there is always a lighthouse, always a man, always a city” within the thing I watched. With that being said it was said the Bioshock developers used infinite in there last title so that they could open up the universe and visit different places without the series getting stale and constantly going back to rapture. It is with that info I speculate that 343 used the word infinite so that they could do something similar with the Halo franchise. I think they want to do away with Master chief and introduce new characters, planets and stories but this is just me speculating.
> > > > >
> > > > > Eliminating Master Chief would be a horrible move. Also I very much enjoy the campaigns. Multi-player was not bad but the campaigns are amazing
> > > >
> > > > I know it wouldn’t be a popular move but it is just a thought. I am just thinking of the longevity of the franchise and wondering how they can continue to use Master chief.
> > >
> > > Unfortunately, I believe he is right, Halo is 20 friggin years old, it will be 30 when Infinites ends its run. The Chief can only go on for so long right? The chief might have to go sometime soon and put this beloved franchise to an end. There’s only so much time the series can go on.
> >
> > It would be cool to see a failure with the loss of Chief like when Reach fell.
>
> If 343i kills Chief, i’ll be leading the assault on their studio

I don’t really want Chief to go but if he has to that would be the way to do it.

> 2535424974868674;8:
> > 2533274807802500;7:
> > > 2535413107551836;5:
> > > > 2533274807802500;4:
> > > > I watched a thing on Bioshock infinite and there is a saying that goes “there is always a lighthouse, always a man, always a city” within the thing I watched. With that being said it was said the Bioshock developers used infinite in there last title so that they could open up the universe and visit different places without the series getting stale and constantly going back to rapture. It is with that info I speculate that 343 used the word infinite so that they could do something similar with the Halo franchise. I think they want to do away with Master chief and introduce new characters, planets and stories but this is just me speculating.
> > >
> > > Eliminating Master Chief would be a horrible move. Also I very much enjoy the campaigns. Multi-player was not bad but the campaigns are amazing
> >
> > I know it wouldn’t be a popular move but it is just a thought. I am just thinking of the longevity of the franchise and wondering how they can continue to use Master chief.
>
> Unfortunately, I believe he is right, Halo is 20 friggin years old, it will be 30 when Infinites ends its run. The Chief can only go on for so long right? The chief might have to go sometime soon and put this beloved franchise to an end. There’s only so much time the series can go on.

My reply to you in 10 years. (Sorry, I had to.)

We are just one franchise and an old one at that. But here we are, 30 years past what anyone could ask of us. Our wars are gone. The lives we may or may not have had are gone. The world’s we knew… have moved on or got destroyed. And now all that we may have left are those standing beside us and the duty that defines us battle after battle, fighting side by side, together. Where you didn’t mention the Halo population at all, WasabiPeanut721, I see family, courage. And more than a thousand loyal Halo fans that swore to fight their way through any title they didn’t like before they’d ever… EVER turn their backs and quit. And where you see one old franchise, I see home. And that’s always worth fighting for!

If we don’t stop Infinite from being the last title, we leave the galaxy with no more new Halo. So no, WasabiPeanut721, the future with Halo, at least as spin-offs, isn’t going anywhere today!

> 2535411936618971;14:
> > 2535424974868674;8:
> > > 2533274807802500;7:
> > > > 2535413107551836;5:
> > > > > 2533274807802500;4:
> > > > > I watched a thing on Bioshock infinite and there is a saying that goes “there is always a lighthouse, always a man, always a city” within the thing I watched. With that being said it was said the Bioshock developers used infinite in there last title so that they could open up the universe and visit different places without the series getting stale and constantly going back to rapture. It is with that info I speculate that 343 used the word infinite so that they could do something similar with the Halo franchise. I think they want to do away with Master chief and introduce new characters, planets and stories but this is just me speculating.
> > > >
> > > > Eliminating Master Chief would be a horrible move. Also I very much enjoy the campaigns. Multi-player was not bad but the campaigns are amazing
> > >
> > > I know it wouldn’t be a popular move but it is just a thought. I am just thinking of the longevity of the franchise and wondering how they can continue to use Master chief.
> >
> > Unfortunately, I believe he is right, Halo is 20 friggin years old, it will be 30 when Infinites ends its run. The Chief can only go on for so long right? The chief might have to go sometime soon and put this beloved franchise to an end. There’s only so much time the series can go on.
>
> My reply to you in 10 years. (Sorry, I had to.)
>
> We are just one franchise and an old one at that. But here we are, 30 years past what anyone could ask of us. Our wars are gone. The lives we may or may not have had are gone. The world’s we knew… have moved on or got destroyed. And now all that we may have left are those standing beside us and the duty that defines us battle after battle, fighting side by side, together. Where you didn’t mention the Halo population at all, WasabiPeanut721, I see family, courage. And more than a thousand loyal Halo fans that swore to fight their way through any title they didn’t like before they’d ever… EVER turn their backs and quit. And where you see one old franchise, I see home. And that’s always worth fighting for!
>
> If we don’t stop Infinite from being the last title, we leave the galaxy with no more new Halo. So no, WasabiPeanut721, the future with Halo, at least as spin-offs, isn’t going anywhere today!

sheds tear
In all seriousness, I feel the franchise, if not ended, needs to take a nice little nap. When those 10 years come to an end, we’ll all be a bunch of grouchy old men, sitting in our rocking chairs and remembering how fun things used to be. Hell, I’ll be 26 years old, I might have a job, a girlfriend or wife (doubt), and a family (extra doubt). I don’t want this franchise to go, but I feel it’s for the best. Put our sweet Prince to rest, and watch it drift away into a state of finality. I would rather the franchise end after 10 long years of grind and playtime, rather than watch another game come out 10 years later. Who knows what will happen to Halo, but we can hope, no matter what your opinion is on this, that it is put to rest in the best possible way.

> 2535424974868674;15:
> > 2535411936618971;14:
> > > 2535424974868674;8:
> > > > 2533274807802500;7:
> > > > > 2535413107551836;5:
> > > > > > 2533274807802500;4:
> > > > > > I watched a thing on Bioshock infinite and there is a saying that goes “there is always a lighthouse, always a man, always a city” within the thing I watched. With that being said it was said the Bioshock developers used infinite in there last title so that they could open up the universe and visit different places without the series getting stale and constantly going back to rapture. It is with that info I speculate that 343 used the word infinite so that they could do something similar with the Halo franchise. I think they want to do away with Master chief and introduce new characters, planets and stories but this is just me speculating.
> > > > >
> > > > > Eliminating Master Chief would be a horrible move. Also I very much enjoy the campaigns. Multi-player was not bad but the campaigns are amazing
> > > >
> > > > I know it wouldn’t be a popular move but it is just a thought. I am just thinking of the longevity of the franchise and wondering how they can continue to use Master chief.
> > >
> > > Unfortunately, I believe he is right, Halo is 20 friggin years old, it will be 30 when Infinites ends its run. The Chief can only go on for so long right? The chief might have to go sometime soon and put this beloved franchise to an end. There’s only so much time the series can go on.
> >
> > My reply to you in 10 years. (Sorry, I had to.)
> >
> > We are just one franchise and an old one at that. But here we are, 30 years past what anyone could ask of us. Our wars are gone. The lives we may or may not have had are gone. The world’s we knew… have moved on or got destroyed. And now all that we may have left are those standing beside us and the duty that defines us battle after battle, fighting side by side, together. Where you didn’t mention the Halo population at all, WasabiPeanut721, I see family, courage. And more than a thousand loyal Halo fans that swore to fight their way through any title they didn’t like before they’d ever… EVER turn their backs and quit. And where you see one old franchise, I see home. And that’s always worth fighting for!
> >
> > If we don’t stop Infinite from being the last title, we leave the galaxy with no more new Halo. So no, WasabiPeanut721, the future with Halo, at least as spin-offs, isn’t going anywhere today!
>
> sheds tear
> In all seriousness, I feel the franchise, if not ended, needs to take a nice little nap. When those 10 years come to an end, we’ll all be a bunch of grouchy old men, sitting in our rocking chairs and remembering how fun things used to be. Hell, I’ll be 26 years old, I might have a job, a girlfriend or wife (doubt), and a family (extra doubt). I don’t want this franchise to go, but I feel it’s for the best. Put our sweet Prince to rest, and watch it drift away into a state of finality. I would rather the franchise end after 10 long years of grind and playtime, rather than watch another game come out 10 years later. Who knows what will happen to Halo, but we can hope, no matter what your opinion is on this, that it is put to rest in the best possible way.

Haahaha, that was pretty good huh?!

Anyway, same here. I mean, we’re talking 10 years from now and that’s like 3 more titles, so, yeah. We’ll see what happens.

Btw, you might not have meant this but 26 isn’t old at all. Haha

> 2535411936618971;16:
> > 2535424974868674;15:
> > > 2535411936618971;14:
> > > > 2535424974868674;8:
> > > > > 2533274807802500;7:
> > > > > > 2535413107551836;5:
> > > > > > > 2533274807802500;4:
> > > > > > > I watched a thing on Bioshock infinite and there is a saying that goes “there is always a lighthouse, always a man, always a city” within the thing I watched. With that being said it was said the Bioshock developers used infinite in there last title so that they could open up the universe and visit different places without the series getting stale and constantly going back to rapture. It is with that info I speculate that 343 used the word infinite so that they could do something similar with the Halo franchise. I think they want to do away with Master chief and introduce new characters, planets and stories but this is just me speculating.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Eliminating Master Chief would be a horrible move. Also I very much enjoy the campaigns. Multi-player was not bad but the campaigns are amazing
> > > > >
> > > > > I know it wouldn’t be a popular move but it is just a thought. I am just thinking of the longevity of the franchise and wondering how they can continue to use Master chief.
> > > >
> > > > Unfortunately, I believe he is right, Halo is 20 friggin years old, it will be 30 when Infinites ends its run. The Chief can only go on for so long right? The chief might have to go sometime soon and put this beloved franchise to an end. There’s only so much time the series can go on.
> > >
> > > My reply to you in 10 years. (Sorry, I had to.)
> > >
> > > We are just one franchise and an old one at that. But here we are, 30 years past what anyone could ask of us. Our wars are gone. The lives we may or may not have had are gone. The world’s we knew… have moved on or got destroyed. And now all that we may have left are those standing beside us and the duty that defines us battle after battle, fighting side by side, together. Where you didn’t mention the Halo population at all, WasabiPeanut721, I see family, courage. And more than a thousand loyal Halo fans that swore to fight their way through any title they didn’t like before they’d ever… EVER turn their backs and quit. And where you see one old franchise, I see home. And that’s always worth fighting for!
> > >
> > > If we don’t stop Infinite from being the last title, we leave the galaxy with no more new Halo. So no, WasabiPeanut721, the future with Halo, at least as spin-offs, isn’t going anywhere today!
> >
> > sheds tear
> > In all seriousness, I feel the franchise, if not ended, needs to take a nice little nap. When those 10 years come to an end, we’ll all be a bunch of grouchy old men, sitting in our rocking chairs and remembering how fun things used to be. Hell, I’ll be 26 years old, I might have a job, a girlfriend or wife (doubt), and a family (extra doubt). I don’t want this franchise to go, but I feel it’s for the best. Put our sweet Prince to rest, and watch it drift away into a state of finality. I would rather the franchise end after 10 long years of grind and playtime, rather than watch another game come out 10 years later. Who knows what will happen to Halo, but we can hope, no matter what your opinion is on this, that it is put to rest in the best possible way.
>
> Haahaha, that was pretty good huh?!
>
> Anyway, same here. I mean, we’re talking 10 years from now and that’s like 3 more titles, so, yeah. We’ll see what happens.
>
> Btw, you might not have meant this but 26 isn’t old at all. Haha

Yeah, hard to think we’ll be burning 10 precious years of our life on this game. To be honest though, I wouldn’t spend them any other way.

> 2535424974868674;17:
> > 2535411936618971;16:
> > > 2535424974868674;15:
> > > > 2535411936618971;14:
> > > > > 2535424974868674;8:
> > > > > > 2533274807802500;7:
> > > > > > > 2535413107551836;5:
> > > > > > > > 2533274807802500;4:
> > > > > > > > I watched a thing on Bioshock infinite and there is a saying that goes “there is always a lighthouse, always a man, always a city” within the thing I watched. With that being said it was said the Bioshock developers used infinite in there last title so that they could open up the universe and visit different places without the series getting stale and constantly going back to rapture. It is with that info I speculate that 343 used the word infinite so that they could do something similar with the Halo franchise. I think they want to do away with Master chief and introduce new characters, planets and stories but this is just me speculating.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Eliminating Master Chief would be a horrible move. Also I very much enjoy the campaigns. Multi-player was not bad but the campaigns are amazing
> > > > > >
> > > > > > I know it wouldn’t be a popular move but it is just a thought. I am just thinking of the longevity of the franchise and wondering how they can continue to use Master chief.
> > > > >
> > > > > Unfortunately, I believe he is right, Halo is 20 friggin years old, it will be 30 when Infinites ends its run. The Chief can only go on for so long right? The chief might have to go sometime soon and put this beloved franchise to an end. There’s only so much time the series can go on.
> > > >
> > > > My reply to you in 10 years. (Sorry, I had to.)
> > > >
> > > > We are just one franchise and an old one at that. But here we are, 30 years past what anyone could ask of us. Our wars are gone. The lives we may or may not have had are gone. The world’s we knew… have moved on or got destroyed. And now all that we may have left are those standing beside us and the duty that defines us battle after battle, fighting side by side, together. Where you didn’t mention the Halo population at all, WasabiPeanut721, I see family, courage. And more than a thousand loyal Halo fans that swore to fight their way through any title they didn’t like before they’d ever… EVER turn their backs and quit. And where you see one old franchise, I see home. And that’s always worth fighting for!
> > > >
> > > > If we don’t stop Infinite from being the last title, we leave the galaxy with no more new Halo. So no, WasabiPeanut721, the future with Halo, at least as spin-offs, isn’t going anywhere today!
> >
> > Haahaha, that was pretty good huh?!
> >
> > Anyway, same here. I mean, we’re talking 10 years from now and that’s like 3 more titles, so, yeah. We’ll see what happens.
> >
> > Btw, you might not have meant this but 26 isn’t old at all. Haha
>
> Yeah, hard to think we’ll be burning 10 precious years of our life on this game. To be honest though, I wouldn’t spend them any other way.

Right on Spartan. Gonna be a lot of advancements over the next 10 years. Sneaking up on Elites and sticking an Energy Sword in their back like they do, all in VR sound good? They definitely deserve that.

Halo “INFINITE”.

Let that sink in.

> 2535445229333629;19:
> Halo “INFINITE”.
> Let that sink in.

Ehhhhhh

It didn’t go deep