If I was 343 what would make me finish co-op...

They won’t make any money from coop, so what’s really going push them to add it after launch or refine it?
I bet ton of money its because last gen can’t handle it

Their biggest focus is multiplayer and that’s sad

It makes sense as to why there’d be a bit more focus on multiplayer, because its the very thing that keeps people playing a game for the long-term.

> 2535448497705415;2:
> It makes sense as to why there’d be a bit more focus on multiplayer, because its the very thing that keeps people playing a game for the long-term.

That’s cool, get another company to work on…

> 2533274833048410;1:
> They won’t make any money from coop, so what’s really going push them to add it after launch or refine it?
> I bet ton of money its because last gen can’t handle it
>
> Their biggest focus is multiplayer and that’s sad

It’s because it’s an open worldish game, how do you handle respawns if player 1-2-3-4 are in septate parts of the map and one dies, how do you handle cut scenes triggered by one player when another is doing something else, etc that’s why it was delayed.
The bugs they faced are mainly from these respawn questions and how to handle those cut scenes with the mentality we don’t want to tether players together which would stop them from going X meters apart from one another.

> 2533275030042825;4:
> > 2533274833048410;1:
> > They won’t make any money from coop, so what’s really going push them to add it after launch or refine it?
> > I bet ton of money its because last gen can’t handle it
> >
> > Their biggest focus is multiplayer and that’s sad
>
> It’s because it’s an open worldish game, how do you handle respawns if player 1-2-3-4 are in septate parts of the map and one dies, how do you handle cut scenes triggered by one player when another is doing something else, etc that’s why it was delayed.
> The bugs they faced are mainly from these respawn questions and how to handle those cut scenes with the mentality we don’t want to tether players together which would stop them from going X meters apart from one another.

“co-op” they should of planned that from the start not bolt it on after the fact, that is bad game design

> 2533274833048410;5:
> > 2533275030042825;4:
> > > 2533274833048410;1:
> > > They won’t make any money from coop, so what’s really going push them to add it after launch or refine it?
> > > I bet ton of money its because last gen can’t handle it
> > >
> > > Their biggest focus is multiplayer and that’s sad
> >
> > It’s because it’s an open worldish game, how do you handle respawns if player 1-2-3-4 are in septate parts of the map and one dies, how do you handle cut scenes triggered by one player when another is doing something else, etc that’s why it was delayed.
> > The bugs they faced are mainly from these respawn questions and how to handle those cut scenes with the mentality we don’t want to tether players together which would stop them from going X meters apart from one another.
>
> “co-op” they should of planned that from the start not bolt it on after the fact, that is bad game design

I don’t dispute that. Just pointing out the challenges they’re currently facing.

> 2533275030042825;4:
> It’s because it’s an open worldish game, how do you handle respawns if player 1-2-3-4 are in septate parts of the map and one dies, how do you handle cut scenes triggered by one player when another is doing something else, etc that’s why it was delayed.
> The bugs they faced are mainly from these respawn questions and how to handle those cut scenes with the mentality we don’t want to tether players together which would stop them from going X meters apart from one another.

Yep. The narrative I have in my head is that Staten came along and liked what he saw - but said we need to open the world up even more. And they just couldn’t fix the spawn system in time.

> 2585548714655118;7:
> > 2533275030042825;4:
> > It’s because it’s an open worldish game, how do you handle respawns if player 1-2-3-4 are in septate parts of the map and one dies, how do you handle cut scenes triggered by one player when another is doing something else, etc that’s why it was delayed.
> > The bugs they faced are mainly from these respawn questions and how to handle those cut scenes with the mentality we don’t want to tether players together which would stop them from going X meters apart from one another.
>
> Yep. The narrative I have in my head is that Staten came along and liked what he saw - but said we need to open the world up even more. And they just couldn’t fix the spawn system in time.

That’s exactly what I was thinking as well. I think for Co-Op they should adopt a ODST approach, section each part of the map off where both players must be present to continue, otherwise it can get quite messy.

> 2533275030042825;8:
> > 2585548714655118;7:
> > > 2533275030042825;4:
> > > It’s because it’s an open worldish game, how do you handle respawns if player 1-2-3-4 are in septate parts of the map and one dies, how do you handle cut scenes triggered by one player when another is doing something else, etc that’s why it was delayed.
> > > The bugs they faced are mainly from these respawn questions and how to handle those cut scenes with the mentality we don’t want to tether players together which would stop them from going X meters apart from one another.
> >
> > Yep. The narrative I have in my head is that Staten came along and liked what he saw - but said we need to open the world up even more. And they just couldn’t fix the spawn system in time.
>
> That’s exactly what I was thinking as well. I think for Co-Op they should adopt a ODST approach, section each part of the map off where both players must be present to continue, otherwise it can get quite messy.

Pretty much every open world coop game… They have no excuse

> 2533274833048410;9:
> > 2533275030042825;8:
> > > 2585548714655118;7:
> > > > 2533275030042825;4:
> > > > It’s because it’s an open worldish game, how do you handle respawns if player 1-2-3-4 are in septate parts of the map and one dies, how do you handle cut scenes triggered by one player when another is doing something else, etc that’s why it was delayed.
> > > > The bugs they faced are mainly from these respawn questions and how to handle those cut scenes with the mentality we don’t want to tether players together which would stop them from going X meters apart from one another.
> > >
> > > Yep. The narrative I have in my head is that Staten came along and liked what he saw - but said we need to open the world up even more. And they just couldn’t fix the spawn system in time.
> >
> > That’s exactly what I was thinking as well. I think for Co-Op they should adopt a ODST approach, section each part of the map off where both players must be present to continue, otherwise it can get quite messy.
>
> Pretty much every open world coop game… They have no excuse

I’ll take the job of co-op director now, thank you :smiley:

What made them fix MCC, or add any of the stuff that’s been in the last 8 seasons? People act like 343 have a history of not following through and developing their games post launch, but in reality Halo 5 and MCC have had some of the most robust free post launch support of any AAA fps out there. Say what you want about the state the games launched in, it’s varied between somewhat passable and completely broken, but they haven’t been bad at their post launch support.
(And before you mention Halo 5 not having splitscreen, they confirmed it wouldn’t pre-launch, never suggested they would develop it or promise its inclusion later down the line. Very different scenario than what we have here.)

> 2533275030042825;10:
> > 2533274833048410;9:
> > > 2533275030042825;8:
> > > > 2585548714655118;7:
> > > > > 2533275030042825;4:
> > > > > It’s because it’s an open worldish game, how do you handle respawns if player 1-2-3-4 are in septate parts of the map and one dies, how do you handle cut scenes triggered by one player when another is doing something else, etc that’s why it was delayed.
> > > > > The bugs they faced are mainly from these respawn questions and how to handle those cut scenes with the mentality we don’t want to tether players together which would stop them from going X meters apart from one another.
> > > >
> > > > Yep. The narrative I have in my head is that Staten came along and liked what he saw - but said we need to open the world up even more. And they just couldn’t fix the spawn system in time.
> > >
> > > That’s exactly what I was thinking as well. I think for Co-Op they should adopt a ODST approach, section each part of the map off where both players must be present to continue, otherwise it can get quite messy.
> >
> > Pretty much every open world coop game… They have no excuse
>
> I’ll take the job of co-op director now, thank you :smiley:

Your hired, save the game chief you’re only hope

> 2533274833048410;12:
> > 2533275030042825;10:
> > > 2533274833048410;9:
> > > > 2533275030042825;8:
> > > > > 2585548714655118;7:
> > > > > > 2533275030042825;4:
> > > > > > It’s because it’s an open worldish game, how do you handle respawns if player 1-2-3-4 are in septate parts of the map and one dies, how do you handle cut scenes triggered by one player when another is doing something else, etc that’s why it was delayed.
> > > > > > The bugs they faced are mainly from these respawn questions and how to handle those cut scenes with the mentality we don’t want to tether players together which would stop them from going X meters apart from one another.
> > > > >
> > > > > Yep. The narrative I have in my head is that Staten came along and liked what he saw - but said we need to open the world up even more. And they just couldn’t fix the spawn system in time.
> > > >
> > > > That’s exactly what I was thinking as well. I think for Co-Op they should adopt a ODST approach, section each part of the map off where both players must be present to continue, otherwise it can get quite messy.
> > >
> > > Pretty much every open world coop game… They have no excuse
> >
> > I’ll take the job of co-op director now, thank you :smiley:
>
> Your hired, save the game chief your are only hope

“I need a salary”