If I wanted sprint, jet packs and ADS

I would just play Advanced Warfare or Destiny.

I…what?

I mean, yeah, OK. Those are completely different games but whatever floats your boat.

> 2535469170205069;1:
> I would just play Advanced Warfare or Destiny.

Well, I don’t see any jetpacks or ADS, so there you go!

Since when is there a jet pack in h5?

He’s referring to the retro thrusters, quite obviously. “Smart Scope” is essentially another name for ADS. The OP is on point.

I… You know what, I’m not going to bother this time. I leave you with the sound of me bashing my head into a desk in frustration.

bonk bonk bonk

I still say Smart Scope isn’t a real ADS. If I can stick click to zoom, then I’m not wasting an important trigger button; and if my speed isn’t impeded while “aiming/zooming” then it’s not a traditional ADS. It’s a Halo ADS, and it’s going to be awesome.

I’m loving Destiny right now (a lot) but aside from a penchant for floating geometric shapes, they have little in common. I don’t recall a jet pack anywhere, though.

> 2533274881015020;5:
> He’s referring to the retro thrusters, quite obviously. “Smart Scope” is essentially another name for ADS. The OP is on point.

He’s so far off the point that he can’t even get the point that halo 5 isn’t advanced warfare at all

Advanced Warfare or Destiny Took it from halo 4

> 2535469170205069;1:
> I would just play Halo Reach or Halo 4.

Fixed

> 2533274807855010;7:
> I still say Smart Scope isn’t a real ADS. If I can stick click to zoom, then I’m not wasting an important trigger button; and if my speed isn’t impeded while “aiming/zooming” then it’s not a traditional ADS. It’s a Halo ADS, and it’s going to be awesome.
>
> I’m loving Destiny right now (a lot) but aside from a penchant for floating geometric shapes, they have little in common. I don’t recall a jet pack anywhere, though.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-11-smart-scoping-with-halo-5-guardians-multiplayer-beta

> 343 tells me Smart Scope does not affect damage output. That is, the damage of each bullet is the same. But it affects the spread of the bullets. So, if you’re at a medium distance and you want to concentrate your fire, scoping with the Assault Rifle makes sense.

The mechanics of ADS in every FPS title in history largely increases the accuracy of your weapon when you aim down its sight. That’s where the term ADS came from. “Smart Scope” is quite literally ADS. There is no way you can misconstrue what “Smart Scope” is. 343industries is clever, I grant them that, because they gave it a new name to appease the masses, but that’s where they’re playing you.

> 2533274857398125;8:
> > 2533274881015020;5:
> > He’s referring to the retro thrusters, quite obviously. “Smart Scope” is essentially another name for ADS. The OP is on point.
>
>
>
>
> He’s so far off the point that he can’t even get the point that halo 5 isn’t advanced warfare at all

You missed the point that if he wanted these mechanics in an FPS title, he’d go and play an FPS title that works well with said mechanics.

EDIT: Found a better article http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-12-digging-deeper-into-halo-5-guardians-new-smart-scope-and-spartan-abilities

> **So broadly the damage is the same. Can you give me an example of a behavioural change between hip-fire and Smart Scope?**Tim Longo: Spread. Spread of bullets.
>
> Josh Holmes: For example, the SMG, which you might have used, when you free-fire it, it has a very wide spread. When you go into Smart Scope there’s a slight narrowing of the spread.

> 2533274881015020;11:
> > Josh Holmes: For example, the SMG, which you might have used, when you free-fire it, it has a very wide spread. When you go into Smart Scope there’s a slight narrowing of the spread.

And drastically increased recoil, as seen in the AR footage.

> 2533274798011936;12:
> > 2533274881015020;11:
> > > Josh Holmes: For example, the SMG, which you might have used, when you free-fire it, it has a very wide spread. When you go into Smart Scope there’s a slight narrowing of the spread.
>
>
> And drastically increased recoil, as seen in the AR footage.

But it is still ADS regardless of how you put it.

> 2533274798011936;12:
> > 2533274881015020;11:
> > > Josh Holmes: For example, the SMG, which you might have used, when you free-fire it, it has a very wide spread. When you go into Smart Scope there’s a slight narrowing of the spread.
>
>
>
> And drastically increased recoil, as seen in the AR footage.

Does that remove the narrowed bullet spread while ADS’ing with Smart Scope? No.

H5 has thrusters, wich got took from H4 and AW stole from halo. destiny has no thrusters. ADS in halo is different than all traditional. it is ADS but with many different traits so its not the same type of ADS besides cosmetic and accuracy. Spartans can sprint in the books at 60 Kph and its something any one can do, why cant super soldiers sprint? and clamber, why do you fall back and NOT grab a ledge when you are next to it and want up thier.

> 2533274898131165;13:
> > 2533274798011936;12:
> > > 2533274881015020;11:
> > > > Josh Holmes: For example, the SMG, which you might have used, when you free-fire it, it has a very wide spread. When you go into Smart Scope there’s a slight narrowing of the spread.
> >
> >
> >
> > And drastically increased recoil, as seen in the AR footage.
>
>
> But it is still ADS regardless of how you put it.

Why do we care if its ADS, all we care about is if it ruins the feel and balance of the game and at the moment not one of us can say that it does or doesn’t. From what I’ve seen i can say i’m worried that smart scope has made automatics OP but i’m not worried that a mechanic that has been in all shooters since 2007 is going to ruin halo just because its in Call of Duty.

> 2535469170205069;1:
> I would just play Advanced Warfare or Destiny.

Then do that. I don’t see why you felt the need to announce it to the whole internet, but whatever, man. Go play CoD and Destiny. Nobody’s stopping you.

> 2533274807855010;7:
> I still say Smart Scope isn’t a real ADS. If I can stick click to zoom, then I’m not wasting an important trigger button; and if my speed isn’t impeded while “aiming/zooming” then it’s not a traditional ADS. It’s a Halo ADS, and it’s going to be awesome.
>
> I’m loving Destiny right now (a lot) but aside from a penchant for floating geometric shapes, they have little in common. I don’t recall a jet pack anywhere, though.

similarity in vehicles
many enemies look eerily similar to SOME from Halo franchise
the protagonist resembles MC in helmet and coat

it has enough in common for me to feel like im playing HALO

edit

343s cousin…?

There are no jetpacks, sprint is not op and is balanced, and there is also no ADS. Nice try.

Everyone complaining about Halo do everyone a favor and go play CoD and never play Halo again or comment on this forum.