If I recall correctly....

Didn’t some people say that Halo 2 when it was released was in a similar predicament as Halo 4 with this so-called community who is not giving 343 a chance to fix stuff? If you just give them time, I’m sure they’ll fix the problems in this game like with the aim assist, bullet magnetism, etc. eventually. Thats what happened with Halo 2 IIRC. Can’t people give 343 a chance? I mean, it’s their first Halo game made from scratch.

I understand the problems with people not having the codes on time, but maybe your account says your underage? I think that they will unlcok the other specilizations for those who are capped when the community reaches a certain milestone. Besides, I think it was Xbox that sent it, not 343, and I don’t exactly trust Xbox with anything…

I know its beat into the ground, but I really just want a ranking system. I know there are those who are complete jerks with it, but my friends and I always loved trying to get to the highest rank and beat others of higher ranks. I just want ranks to mean skill and not how long you’ve played. I’m okay with having both. I really am. I also know we are getting one, but I don’t want to travel over Waypoint each time I want to check it. It needs to be in specific playlists strictly for ranking up, and it can be not shown while in other playlists. I think thats fine. However, the lack of a good visible ranking system ruins the game for me a lot. I love playing competitively, and I can easily play casually. I just love to have ranks when I want them. Trust me, not all of us competitive players are complete jerks like we are slandered to be.

"No. I will not give 343i a chance! I’m an entitled gamer! I should be given what I want, when I want it!

Even though I know absolutely nothing about the hard work and what it takes to make a videogame, I will continue to blame a new developer that is in fact bringing new and fresh things to the table, and be very close minded and choose to ignore the fact that franchises need to evolve after time."

/sarcasm

One of my many valued services!

Very rarely has a developer actually fixed the lag mainly caused by the lack of a local only search option. The only one I can think of is MW2. So I doubt it will ever improve.

I agree, but they also won’t fix these problems if we don’t press them as an issue.

It was worse with Halo 2, it was almost unplayable pre-patch.(5 melees to kill, plasma grenades wouldn’t even take out all your shields even if they were right under you, and a ton of exploits/glitches.) It took months for a patch and some people were even threatening Bungie over the internet. I myself would like a update to the game but I can wait, I trust 343i. Bungie is the one that abandoned Reach,it was 343i that made Reach somewhat enjoyable.

Like it was said earlier, we need to make issues known to the developers, otherwise they’ll assume that we’re completely happy with everything. Unfortunately, there’s a huge load of jerk around here who act like they have to get everything when they want it, or else they cry like a baby.

It’s easy to forget SMG starts, pre patch Halo 2, and Halo2sucks.com, not to mention all the whiny purists saying Halo 2 was garbage and remember button combos, awesome classics, and call Halo 2 perfection.

It’s even easier to say Halo 4 is the worst Halo since Reach and that it can’t touch the classics. But, i am sure anyone in the last 10 years who’s liked every Halo game (even 4) will tell you the same thing; we’ve been here before…

Halo 2 was arguably the worse Halo game out of the Box. Bungie fixed it and suddenly it was a fantastic Halo game. Why can’t people just give 343 time. Patches, Fixes and TU’s can’t be made over night you know.

> It’s easy to forget SMG starts, pre patch Halo 2, and Halo2sucks.com, not to mention all the whiny purists saying Halo 2 was garbage and remember button combos, awesome classics, and call Halo 2 perfection.
>
>
> It’s even easier to say Halo 4 is the worst Halo since Reach and that it can’t touch the classics. But, i am sure anyone in the last 10 years who’s liked every Halo game (even 4) will tell you the same thing; we’ve been here before…

Pretty much this. But a lot of people on the forums turn a blind eye to the issues of the past.

> It was worse with Halo 2, it was almost unplayable pre-patch.(5 melees to kill, plasma grenades wouldn’t even take out all your shields even if they were right under you, and a ton of exploits/glitches.) It took months for a patch and some people were even threatening Bungie over the internet. I myself would like a update to the game but I can wait, I trust 343i. Bungie is the one that abandoned Reach,it was 343i that made Reach somewhat enjoyable.

True words.

> It was worse with Halo 2, it was almost unplayable pre-patch.(5 melees to kill, plasma grenades wouldn’t even take out all your shields even if they were right under you, and a ton of exploits/glitches.) It took months for a patch and some people were even threatening Bungie over the internet. I myself would like a update to the game but I can wait, I trust 343i. Bungie is the one that abandoned Reach,it was 343i that made Reach somewhat enjoyable.

Ah, the good old days of pre-patch Halo 2, when dual pistols were all powerful and rocket reticule sword lunging still existed…

Plus the rediculous sniper sweep shot. four foot past the opponent? thats a headshot! :wink:

5 melees to kill in the pre-patch Halo 2? Woah, that was just extreme (I didn’t play matchmaking in Halo 2 though :().

Also, I’m really curious as to what’s the deal with a lot of people who just say they’re getting rid of Halo 4 because of this, it’s good to make issues known, but you don’t have to just scream at 343 or even threaten to return it if the problems not fixed. Like some people have said, it takes time to make a patch.

> Didn’t some people say that Halo 2 when it was released was in a similar predicament as Halo 4 with this so-called community who is not giving 343 a chance to fix stuff? If you just give them time, I’m sure they’ll fix the problems in this game like with the aim assist, bullet magnetism, etc. eventually. Thats what happened with Halo 2 IIRC. Can’t people give 343 a chance? I mean, it’s their first Halo game made from scratch.
>
> I understand the problems with people not having the codes on time, but maybe your account says your underage? I think that they will unlcok the other specilizations for those who are capped when the community reaches a certain milestone. Besides, I think it was Xbox that sent it, not 343, and I don’t exactly trust Xbox with anything…

Sure, if the game-breaking things that are in the game were not intentional, I’d give them more slack. I can understand simple mistakes. I can understand making a wrong choice and then correcting myself. But to deliberately implement game-breaking mechanics is very hard to excuse in my book.

I haven’t written this game off, but that doesn’t mean I’m pleased with it.

PS: At least I don’t have to play Reach. :confused:

> I agree, but they also won’t fix these problems if we don’t press them as an issue.

Once you accept this then the only you can complain about are the nasty attitudes some people have, but that’s the internet for you. No use complaining.