If I got Halo 4 before 11-6-12

What’s the earliest I can play the game without getting banned?

Offline, as soon as you get it. Online, I would wait until it has been officially released just to be sure.

How in potato’s name are you getting it earlier?

I get it at a midnight launch at eb games. In Australia we are almost 12 hours in front of America. In the past i have played ODST online before release and have been fine, not sure if i will be or not for H4.

I live in Saudi Arabia and I got Halo 3 1 week early

SO MUCH WIN

Online? It’s super dependent. 343i might ban you, or they might not. You’ll be taking a chance playing even 1 minute early.

> How in potato’s name are you getting it earlier?

I don’t want to get banned for saying.

> > How in potato’s name are you getting it earlier?
>
> I don’t want to get banned for saying.

sounds suspicious

As long as the disc is legitimate, you can play it as soon as you get it. I live in Chicago, so my midnight is 1 am for the east coast. Should someone in Boston be banned because they played it before me? It’s going to be midnight somewhere. The only problem I can see is if someone in California is playing online before midnight in Boston. Releases are done by time zone as well.

> > How in potato’s name are you getting it earlier?
>
> I don’t want to get banned for saying.

You can’t - you could very much be trolling every single person here, and as far as I know, you aren’t offending others.

Your name sounds to be asian, so is it due to timezones? :stuck_out_tongue:

Sadly I’m pre-ordering it, making it ship all the way from US to asia. And then my school as a 1 week camping trip right after release week. :L

It depends how you’re getting it - legally, or illegally. If a friend stole one from a factory or something, or you pirated a stolen/leaked copy, I wouldn’t play it too early. Play it offline until maybe late October. Late October would be fine. Could you message me how you’re getting it? I won’t judge you. :] I got Skyrim two weeks before it came out.

Chances are you’d be unbanned for release day so I wouldn’t worry. But I doubt they’d mind someone playing a few days early.

More than a week/a month earlier would be a problem I’m sure.

Friends and myself get it maybe 2-3 days before official launch :wink:
Of course, we buy it :slight_smile:

I live in Germany…

> What’s the earliest I can play the game without getting banned?

If you obtain it legitimately I see no reason why you can’t play it, like Halo 3 and other games there will be promotions, games arriving a day early in the post etc etc, I have never heard of any one being banned for playing a legitimate game when it arrives.

How the hell would you get it five months before release? It hasn’t even gone gold by then…

Just so people know, I’m not stealing the game. In fact, I’m buying the limited edition and the H4 Xbox at the midnight launch.

I just may be playing an early copy a few days before that though.

> How the hell would you get it five months before release? It hasn’t even gone gold by then…

Um. The game comes out in less than two months. And OP is using the American date system.

You do not get banned for playing games earlier than the release date. -Yoink!- does not bam people for that.

The ones that get in trouble for that is the retailers that sold them early.

The only way you can get jammed from playing early is of you got an illegal copy. So long as the disc is legit, you are OK.

> Just so people know, I’m not stealing the game. In fact, I’m buying the limited edition and the H4 Xbox at the midnight launch.
>
> I just may be playing an early copy a few days before that though.

If it’s only a few days, you’re good. As long as you’re getting it by legal means, you can play it whenever you want.

> How the hell would you get it five months before release? It hasn’t even gone gold by then…

Hes not talking about getting the game today. Hes talking about if his order gets delivered early a few days before the actual release date.