If I don't upgrade?

If I stick with my 360 and not get the ‘ONE’ (for my own reasons), would you think 343i would release Halo 5 and 6 (dumbed down versions) on the 360?

No, that would be stupid, you cant cross play 360 to one so they have to choose one or the other.

Did they make a dumbed down version of Halo 3?

> Did they make a dumbed down version of Halo 3?

And Reach, and h4.

The only reason they’d ever “dumb it down” is if the xbox one completely fails to sell.

Wouldn’t be a very good business model would it?

No, they won’t. Business wise, it be stupid. Halo 5 and 6 are going to be a selling point for the Xbox One.

> No, that would be stupid, you cant cross play 360 to one so they have to choose one or the other.

If they’re on the same servers, you could.

They won’t do it. Actually, I don’t think they can. They are owned by -Yoink!-, so…

> No, they won’t. Business wise, it be stupid. Halo 5 and 6 are going to be a selling point for the Xbox One.

Well if they don’t change their advertising approach there won’t be anyone to buy those games…

> > No, that would be stupid, you cant cross play 360 to one so they have to choose one or the other.
>
> If they’re on the same servers, you could.

No you couldn’t, the one uses dedicated servers. The 360 P2P. MS said it themselves you couldn’t.

> > > No, that would be stupid, you cant cross play 360 to one so they have to choose one or the other.
> >
> > If they’re on the same servers, you could.
>
> No you couldn’t, the one uses dedicated servers. The 360 P2P. MS said it themselves you couldn’t.

Where has 343 said that Halo 5 will run on dedicated servers?

> > > > No, that would be stupid, you cant cross play 360 to one so they have to choose one or the other.
> > >
> > > If they’re on the same servers, you could.
> >
> > No you couldn’t, the one uses dedicated servers. The 360 P2P. MS said it themselves you couldn’t.
>
> Where has 343 said that Halo 5 will run on dedicated servers?

All xbox one games will, MS said they will have the servers.

Well, Bungie was releasing a 360 version of Destiny along with the Xbox One version, so anything’s possible.

> > > > > No, that would be stupid, you cant cross play 360 to one so they have to choose one or the other.
> > > >
> > > > If they’re on the same servers, you could.
> > >
> > > No you couldn’t, the one uses dedicated servers. The 360 P2P. MS said it themselves you couldn’t.
> >
> > Where has 343 said that Halo 5 will run on dedicated servers?
>
> All xbox one games will, MS said they will have the servers.

Microsoft has 300k servers for Xbox Live. Games will be up to the developers/publishers.

> Well, Bungie was releasing a 360 version of Destiny along with the Xbox One version, so anything’s possible.

Moves like this aren’t going to get people to buy the new consoles.

> > Well, Bungie was releasing a 360 version of Destiny along with the Xbox One version, so anything’s possible.
>
> Moves like this aren’t going to get people to buy the new consoles.

A lot of people aren’t gonna buy the new console anyway…

> Did they make a dumbed down version of Halo 3?

Halo 3 came out 2 years after the Xbox 360 launched.

> > Did they make a dumbed down version of Halo 3?
>
> Halo 3 came out 2 years after the Xbox 360 launched.

Do you think Halo 5 will be a launch title? It will come out at least one year after the one comes out, but judging it’s coming out this year, I highly doubt it will come next year, I highly doubt that Halo 5 will come out next year

> > > Well, Bungie was releasing a 360 version of Destiny along with the Xbox One version, so anything’s possible.
> >
> > Moves like this aren’t going to get people to buy the new consoles.
>
> A lot of people aren’t gonna buy the new console anyway…

Yes, but releasing games on both old and next gen isn’t going to help the next gen either.

> > > Did they make a dumbed down version of Halo 3?
> >
> > Halo 3 came out 2 years after the Xbox 360 launched.
>
> Do you think Halo 5 will be a launch title? It will come out at least one year after the one comes out, but judging it’s coming out this year, I highly doubt it will come next year, I highly doubt that Halo 5 will come out next year

I don’t think that Halo 5 will be a launch title. But I do think that most of the big name games will be launching on both the 360 and Xbone. For example: Call of Duty: Ghosts, Battlefield 4, and Destiny.