"If he was any better he would be a spartan"

ever played reach long enough to get into firefight voices and that GYST bucks description said something along the lines of ‘if he was any better he would be a spartan’? Well he kind of is now isn’t he, if you read the books you would know that story with Jun and buck, then buck wanting his team to be Spartans then them dying… But either way…

he is a Spartan now, does this make him better?

if I’m wrong, call me out on it.

SPARTANs > ODSTs

> 2533274939958452;2:
> SPARTANs > ODST

> 2533274939958452;2:
> SPARTANs > ODST

Oh I don’t know about that! ODST’s don’t need any fancy Powered Armor Suits or augmentations to be awesome and save worlds. They didn’t have any of those shiny toys the Spartans use, just two sticks and a rock - and they had to share the rock. Yet, they still managed to do incredible things.

Yeah, the Spartans do too - so an ODST turned Spartan should logically be the most awesome thing ever. Buck will be John’s sidekick, and come Halo 9, will be the new star of the series.

> 2533274850869596;4:
> > 2533274939958452;2:
> > SPARTANs > ODST
>
>
> Oh I don’t know about that! ODST’s don’t need any fancy Powered Armor Suits or augmentations to be awesome and save worlds. They didn’t have any of those shiny toys the Spartans use, just two sticks and a rock - and they had to share the rock. Yet, they still managed to do incredible things.
>
> Yeah, the Spartans do too - so an ODST turned Spartan should logically be the most awesome thing ever. Buck will be John’s sidekick, and come Halo 9, will be the new star of the series.

You do realize that Master Chief killed 2, or 3, out of 4 ODSTs in hand to hand combat when he was 14 right?

Spartans are better than ODST in every concevable way be it combat skills, team work or just straight up badassery. Well…Spartan 2s anyway.

I love ODSTs because they’re the underdogs. They don’t need genetic modification to kick Covenant -Yoink-. They drop feet first into Hell man, behind enemy lines. They’re the successors to the Navy SEALs

Well Buck is really really good, no matter if he is a Spartan or a ODST (and Spartan IV are more or less an advanced version of the ODSTs) But I would have liked to know the Rookie is one…these awesome whistle skills.

> 2533274830139566;7:
> Well Buck is really really good, no matter if he is a Spartan or a ODST (and Spartan IV are more or less an advanced version of the ODSTs) But I would have liked to know the Rookie is one…these awesome whistle skills.

Uhhhh…how do I put this gently…damn…

The Rookie’s dead

> 2533274881937413;8:
> The Rookie’s dead

Yeah I know… who will whistle now?

> 2533274830139566;9:
> > 2533274881937413;8:
> > The Rookie’s dead
>
>
> Yeah I know… who will whistle now?

We will! IN HIS HONOR! We should have an option in MM to make our character whistle. Like up on the d-pad. Just for the hell of it. In honor of Rookie
(plus we’d be able to communicate with our team members who don’t have mics, like native Americans coordinating an attack on an unsuspecting prey)

RIP Lance Corporal J.D aka The Rookie

> 2533274848599184;11:
> RIP Lance Corporal J.D aka The Rookie

wait, he died?! Thanks for the spoiler tag… :wink:

> 2533274953442704;12:
> > 2533274848599184;11:
> > RIP Lance Corporal J.D aka The Rookie
>
>
> wait, he died?! Thanks for the spoiler tag… :wink:

exactly what i was thinking xD - i mean i knew he died, and i did kinda say that in my first post, as well as a few others, but bash him, whatever xD

> 2533274816299345;5:
> > 2533274850869596;4:
> > > 2533274939958452;2:
> > > SPARTANs > ODST
> >
> >
> > Oh I don’t know about that! ODST’s don’t need any fancy Powered Armor Suits or augmentations to be awesome and save worlds. They didn’t have any of those shiny toys the Spartans use, just two sticks and a rock - and they had to share the rock. Yet, they still managed to do incredible things.
> > Yeah, the Spartans do too - so an ODST turned Spartan should logically be the most awesome thing ever. Buck will be John’s sidekick, and come Halo 9, will be the new star of the series.
>
>
> You do realize that Master Chief killed 2, or 3, out of 4 ODSTs in hand to hand combat when he was 14 right?
> Spartans are better than ODST in every conceivable way be it combat skills, team work or just straight up badassery. Well…Spartan 2s anyway.

Yeah we all know that. Just saying that the ODST’s are still capable of doing great things without the augmentations that caused that situation. So they deserve some credit too ya’know. The Helljumper comic is proof enough for me~

I really like ODSTs but spartans are technically superior, but that just makes an ODST going behind enemy lines where only a spartan would survive even more heroic.

> 2533274849060961;15:
> I really like ODSTs but spartans are technically superior, but that just makes an ODST going behind enemy lines where only a spartan would survive even more heroic.

nailed it.

> 2533274850869596;4:
> > 2533274939958452;2:
> > SPARTANs > ODST
>
>
> Oh I don’t know about that! ODST’s don’t need any fancy Powered Armor Suits or augmentations to be awesome and save worlds. They didn’A t have any of those shiny toys the Spartans use, just two sticks and a rock - and they had to share the rock. Yet, they still managed to do incredible things.
>
> Yeah, the Spartans do too - so an ODST turned Spartan should logically be the most awesome thing ever. Buck will be John’s sidekick, and come Halo 9, will be the new star of the series.

A spartan was more useful in the field, specifically because of its fancy tools. Just because they have better equipment doesn’t mean they have less skill. Even an ODST with the same skill as John could never achieve the same accomplishments without the Spartan tech. For example, in two betrayals when Chief’s suit was used to destroy the generator things.

> 2535466387262991;17:
> > 2533274850869596;4:
> > > 2533274939958452;2:
> > > SPARTANs > ODST
> >
> >
> > Oh I don’t know about that! ODST’s don’t need any fancy Powered Armor Suits or augmentations to be awesome and save worlds. They didn’A t have any of those shiny toys the Spartans use, just two sticks and a rock - and they had to share the rock. Yet, they still managed to do incredible things.
> >
> > Yeah, the Spartans do too - so an ODST turned Spartan should logically be the most awesome thing ever. Buck will be John’s sidekick, and come Halo 9, will be the new star of the series.
>
>
> A spartan was more useful in the field, specifically because of its fancy tools. Just because they have better equipment doesn’t mean they have less skill. Even an ODST with the same skill as John could never achieve the same accomplishments without the Spartan tech. For example, in two betrayals when Chief’s suit was used to destroy the generator things.

haven’t played CE in years

> 2533274848599184;11:
> RIP Lance Corporal J.D aka The Rookie

Yeah man. :’(

You know, If you have the IWBYD skull on in ODST, Buck would say “Keep it steady, James” to the rookie during the hog driving part on the last mission. His first name is James. :smiley:

Last name is still unknown, so I’m just gonna call him LCpl. James Dean. XD

> 2533274870038109;19:
> > 2533274848599184;11:
> > RIP Lance Corporal J.D aka The Rookie
>
>
> Yeah man. :’(
>
> You know, If you have the IWBYD skull on in ODST, Buck would say “Keep it steady, James” to the rookie during the hog driving part on the last mission. His first name is James. :smiley:
>
> Last name is still unknown, so I’m just gonna call him LCpl. James Dean. XD

lol I will try that later, classic odst or mcc? I love the I would’ve been your daddy skull. Its an opening scene to a CE mission isn’t it?